Windows 10: can't download a purchase from Microsoft store.

Discus and support can't download a purchase from Microsoft store. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I purchased the Microsoft DVD player but it errors upon downloading. Running the troubleshooter I get the message "windows could not automatically... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LarryMid, Aug 16, 2020.

1. LarryMid Win User

can't download a purchase from Microsoft store.

I purchased the Microsoft DVD player but it errors upon downloading. Running the troubleshooter I get the message "windows could not automatically detect the networks proxy settings" I am at a loss as to how to correct this problem.

:)

LarryMid, Aug 16, 2020
  2. A_S00 Win User

How can I free up space taken up by an incomplete Microsoft Store download?

Found the solution. Steps I used to fix this:

1. Open the C:\Program Files\WindowsApps folder, which is where the Windows Store puts its downloads. The WindowsApps folder isn't permissioned to normal users, so this has to be done using some utility that's being run as administrator (either a command prompt window, or some other file manager like 7zip; h/t ManSamVampire for the 7zip suggestion). DO NOT assign ownership of the WindowsApps folder to your own user account to gain access to it, as doing so will cause major problems and can't be easily undone (h/t Ramhound's answer for this warning).
    2. Sort the subfolders inside WindowsApps by the date they were last modified; this will let you easily find the folders that have recently had new stuff put into them.
    3. In my case, the offending subfolder was called MSIXVC, which is apparently a type of installer used by the Windows Store. Inside, I had an anomalous 37GB file created last night with no file extension, called "8BBF2763-A1C6-4F1B-96CA-B79DD5FDA4EE". Given that this file was enormous, created at the right time, and in a subfolder suggesting it was an installer, I concluded that this was the droid I was looking for.
    4. From within your run-as-administrator utility, delete the offending file. I deleted the ginormous, bafflingly-named file from the MSIXVC folder, and lo and behold I had all my disk space back!

Now redownloading and installing Outer Worlds. This time I'll know better than to turn off my computer partway through.

A_S00, Aug 16, 2020
  3. re-download software purchase from Microsoft Store

I purchased Windows 10 from the online Microsoft Store in 2015. I need to re-download the purchase as I can't find the software anywhere. How would I go about finding a 2 year old purchase?

Thanks for any help or suggestions!

DuaneBolden, Aug 16, 2020
  4. can't download a purchase from Microsoft store.

Can't download the movie I purchased for rental.

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to download rented movies offline and check if that helps.

Steps:

1. Select the movie you want to rent and click on
      rent option
    2. Login using Microsoft account.
    3. Once you have signed in, you will have two option
      to stream
      or download movies to this device to watch offline.
    4. Select download movies to this device to watch offline and click on next.
    5. After Choosing the Next option and you will be asked for the payment option.
    6. Once the payment it done, open Movies & TV application to download the movie.

You will be able to watch the movie offline from
    Movies and TV application. When you rent, the viewing period is 14 days from the time of your order or 24-48 hours from the time you start to watch (depending on the content you select), whichever comes first.

If you still facing issues downloading the movies after following the above steps. I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned below, to fix issues with Microsoft store.

Steps:

1. Open store application on your pc.
      2. Click on the ellipses on right top corner of the screen.
      3. Logout and login back.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Aug 16, 2020
Thema:

can't download a purchase from Microsoft store.

1. can't download a purchase from Microsoft store. - Similar Threads - can't download purchase

2. Cannot download my purchase from Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot download my purchase from Microsoft Store: I just purchased HEVC Video Extensions from the Microsoft Store. I see it in My Account - recent purchases. But I see no "download" or "install" options to retrieve it from my Microsoft account. Please help...
  3. Can't download from the Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't download from the Microsoft store: I can't download from the Microsoft store anymore. Not sure why just get this error everytime I try. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-download-from-the-microsoft-store/96452278-0169-40f1-bb60-e351b9b6f77e
  4. Can't download from the Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't download from the Microsoft store: I can't download from the Microsoft store anymore. Not sure why just get this error everytime I try. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-download-from-the-microsoft-store/96452278-0169-40f1-bb60-e351b9b6f77e
  5. Can't download from the Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't download from the Microsoft Store: Hi I cannot download apps from the Microsoft Store. I have tried every suggested solution I can find and I've listed them below for reference. It is a new PC build. In addition to the solutions below, I have re-installed windows 10 twice. A couple of solutions seemed to do...
  6. Can't download from the Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't download from the Microsoft Store: Hi I cannot download apps from the Microsoft Store. I have tried every suggested solution I can find and I've listed them below for reference. It is a new PC build. In addition to the solutions below, I have re-installed windows 10 twice. A couple of solutions seemed to do...
  7. Can't download from the Microsoft Store

8. Can't download from the Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't download from the Microsoft Store: A few days I decided to buy the Windows 10 version of Minecraft from the Microsoft Store so I could play it with my friends but it won't download at all. What happens is it'll get stuck on "Starting download..." without any progress ever actually being made. My internet is...
  9. can't download from Microsoft store

can't download from Microsoft store: I have been trying to download iTunes and printer apps from Microsoft store. I am logged in, tried to log out and log in. Can't download - get error message....
  10. Can't download from Microsoft Store

Can't download from Microsoft Store: Hello, Since a few days I couldn't play Forza Horizon 4 anymore, which worked for about a year. Nothing has changed in my set up or anything. I tried to reinstall Forza, to get it back to working but now it's stuck at '' Starting Download '' in the Microsoft store. Found a...