Windows 10: Can't download a specific file

Discus and support Can't download a specific file in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I try to download a file and it says "network error". I thought its chrome problem, but tried on Edge and it failed there too. Other files can be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/gitrikt, Oct 20, 2020.

1. Can't download a specific file

I try to download a file and it says "network error".

I thought its chrome problem, but tried on Edge and it failed there too.

Other files can be downloaded. This is a single PDF file that doesn't work.

submitted by /u/gitrikt
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/gitrikt, Oct 20, 2020

2. Something wrong with downloads?

maybe list the specific file you are trying to download. I also just grabbed a download with no issues, and good speed.

sneekypeet, Oct 20, 2020
  3. Downloaded files disappear

When you download a file through any browser, there's an option somewhere to 'Open Containing Folder.'

In Windows, to find a file you have downloaded...

1. Open your personal folder by clicking the Start button and then clicking your user name at the top of the Start menu's right pane.
    2. Double-click one of the following folders:
      • Downloads
      • Documents
      • Pictures
      • Videos
      • Music

If you do not see the file you are looking for, but know its file name, you can search for it by following these steps:
    To search for a file you have downloaded...

1. Click the Start button
    2. Type all or part of the file name into the Search box.
      The file you are looking for will appear in the list of results.

teachermark, Oct 20, 2020
  4. monim1 Win User

Can't download a specific file

EMUI

Here's the steps to update EMUI 4.1.1 to 5.0 :
    • Download the EMUI 5.0(desired version) .zip file, and unzip it.
    • Place the .hwt file in the HWThemes folder from your phone.
    • Using the Themes app, apply the new theme.
    • Restart the phone, in order to see all the new changes.
    And you’re done!

monim1, Oct 20, 2020
Thema:

Can't download a specific file

1. Can't download a specific file - Similar Threads - Can't download specific

2. Download Specifications on Software

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Download Specifications on Software: Hi Microsoft CommunityI need to download a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader. The Microsoft Store has the file. I spent 40 minutes looking around trying to find out if the file will download the 32-bit version or the 64-bit version that my PC is set up for. I was looking for a...
  3. Download Specifications on Software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Download Specifications on Software: Hi Microsoft CommunityI need to download a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader. The Microsoft Store has the file. I spent 40 minutes looking around trying to find out if the file will download the 32-bit version or the 64-bit version that my PC is set up for. I was looking for a...
  4. Download Specifications on Software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't access specific downloads

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access specific downloads: I updated to windows 11. I downloaded two RAR files and I keep getting "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item". I'm only getting this for these files. I can access the rest of my downloads. I...
  6. Can't access specific downloads

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't access specific downloads: I updated to windows 11. I downloaded two RAR files and I keep getting "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item". I'm only getting this for these files. I can access the rest of my downloads. I...
  7. Can't Access Specific Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't Access Specific Files: So I was trying to get rid of files that I don't need on my computer anymore because my C drive didn't have a lot of space left. I opened up Apps And Features from WIN+X menu and uninstalled a couple files. I had a file called "FileZilla" installed which I wanted to...
  8. Can't download files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't download files: I am trying to download .rar files and allgive a pop up of 'a website wants to open web content using 'this program' on your pc'. The program being IE Active Interface Marshaling library. Even when I click allow, nothing happens....
  9. Can't download any files.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't download any files.: This includes files from Microsoft and all other trusted sites . The error message at bottom of screen says the file contains a virus and the deletes the download. Problem occurred during a windows update during April 2019. I spent 7 hours online with a Microsoft...
  10. Can't backup a specific file

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Can't backup a specific file: I just bought a WD My Passport Ultra and it comes with a copy of WD Backup. Never using backup software I decided to give it a try and see what happens. I had no problems at all until I ended up with a message "These files failed to back up: UPPS.bin, 15.77kb". so I decided...