Windows 10: Can't download about 90% of apps from windows store "upgrade to latest version of windows"...

Discus and support Can't download about 90% of apps from windows store "upgrade to latest version of windows"... in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hi, I cant download almost any of the apps from the store, the download button is grey and a message saying i need to upgrade to the latest version of... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by kitakezo, Jun 28, 2020.

1. kitakezo Win User

Can't download about 90% of apps from windows store "upgrade to latest version of windows"...

Hi, I cant download almost any of the apps from the store, the download button is grey and a message saying i need to upgrade to the latest version of windows is shown. I have the latest update of windows 10, run troubleshooting and nothing, tried reseting the store but its the same. Any advice willbe greatly appreciated.

:)

kitakezo, Jun 28, 2020
  2. P4-630 Win User

Microsoft is purging a lot of low quality apps from the Windows Store

"Microsoft is sending emails to some Windows Store developers informing them that their apps have been removed from the Store for violating its quality standards."

"Neowin reports that app developers have been receiving these emails over the past couple of days:

In its latest review of the Store, Microsoft is evaluating if the published apps are good enough to be listed in the Windows Store. This includes publicly available apps as well as private beta apps. Additionally, Microsoft is also asking developers to delete any promotional campaigns for their apps to prevent advertising charges. Similarly, app name reservations are also being nullified; which means that if your app is unpublished, there's no guarantee that you'll be able to republish it under the same name.

Officially, the policies for the Microsoft Store says that apps must have "distinct and informative metadata" and "provide a valuable and quality user experience". There are also some specific standards that must be in the apps, including having a name that is not similar to another app or device, along with offering a description that is accurate about its features and functions.

There have certainly been many Windows Store users who have complained over the years about the large number of apps published that are clones of other apps or ones that are simply poorly made. Hopefully, this new move by Microsoft will help to curb these issues, at least for now.
    "

Microsoft to remove low quality apps from Windows Store

P4-630, Jun 28, 2020
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Windows Store 10 cents deals

Change your region for Windows Store

95Viper, Jun 28, 2020
  4. Mark Isi Win User

Can't download about 90% of apps from windows store "upgrade to latest version of windows"...

can't download app from store, Windows 10

Hi,

As a first troubleshooting step, we suggest to clear the Windows Store cache and try again. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows key+Q
    • type wsreset.exe on the search bar
    • Hit enter key
    This should clear the Windows Store cache after restarting your system.

An alternative fix is to run the troubleshooter for Windows apps. Check out this
    article
    and download the troubleshooter. Once downloaded, run the program and follow the steps to proceed with the troubleshooting steps.

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Isi, Jun 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Can't download about 90% of apps from windows store "upgrade to latest version of windows"... - Similar Threads - Can't download 90%

2. Can't download from App Store to Windows 10 LTSB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't download from App Store to Windows 10 LTSB: I can't download from App Store to Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB since I installed app store. - - - Updated - - - That is LTSC, Sorry! 170101
  3. Question about app downloaded from Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Question about app downloaded from Microsoft Store: I can't open this app. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/question-about-app-downloaded-from-microsoft-store/29adad86-0dcc-490e-b951-3e8e5d0eba19
  4. Windows Store stopped upgrading to the latest apps

Windows Store stopped upgrading to the latest apps: One of 8 computers on version 1909 stopped updating to the newest apps such as calculator and feedback hub in mid-May. I tried everything from restoring old backups to other versions of Windows 10 1809 to reinstalling on a blank SSD both versions 1809 and 1909 with no...
  5. Windows Store stopped upgrading the latest apps

Windows Store stopped upgrading the latest apps: One of 8 computers on version 1909 stopped updating to the newest apps such as calculator and feedback hub in mid-May. I tried everything from restoring old backups to other versions of Windows 10 1809 to reinstalling on a blank SSD both versions 1809 and 1909 with no...
  6. Can't Download apps from Microsoft Store. Also can't update to the latest version of...

Can't Download apps from Microsoft Store. Also can't update to the latest version of...: Whenever I try to download an app from the Microsoft store it keeps saying error. I thought it could be due to windows being out of date so I tried updating it. When I did it would thru the whole updating process but would remain on the same version as before....
  7. Can't download app from Microsoft Store

Can't download app from Microsoft Store: I just bought Minecraft for Windows 10 and it is not downloading. When I try to download it it says downloading for a couple seconds then says error. When I click see details it gives me the error code 0x80072F8F. I will attach a screenshot. I have tried resetting the...
  8. Installation of app from MS Store is stuck at about 90% through, and will not finish

Installation of app from MS Store is stuck at about 90% through, and will not finish: I am trying to install WPS Office from the Microsoft Store--but the installation is stuck at about 90% through and will not finish installing--even tho the installation is still active for hours now. How do I get this app to finish up installing? your help is appreciated...
  9. Can't download apps from microsoft store!

Can't download apps from microsoft store!: Recently I have installed <Your Phone App> app on my android device and it requires <Your Phone> app same in my Microsoft computer and I opened Microsoft store and when I choose any app or game after a few seconds the Microsoft Store get close automatically so I can't...
  10. Windows upgrade latest version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows upgrade latest version: Windows upgrade will not install. The error messages ask me to remove Avira antivirus. I do not have Avira installed and registry clear shows nothing...