Windows 10: Can't Download Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition through Microsoft Store

Discus and support Can't Download Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition through Microsoft Store in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've scoured the internet for hours for a fix for this and nothing is working. Error code: 0x80073CF9 This is the only piece of software that's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ZabaZuu, Oct 17, 2020.

1. Can't Download Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition through Microsoft Store

I've scoured the internet for hours for a fix for this and nothing is working.

Error code: 0x80073CF9

This is the only piece of software that's struggling to download (it's through game pass, all other games through the service download and update just fine). I've tried resetting the microsoft store, reinstalling it, renaming softwaredistribution.old, and virtually every other generic fix out there (and rebooted numerous times throughout these steps). I've also tried installing to my C, D, and E drives. I also plugged in a flash drive that was freshly formatted and tried installing to that, same error.

That said, I'm willing to retry any steps that people think are relevant for the sake of being thorough.

Thanks in advance for any help.

submitted by /u/ZabaZuu
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ZabaZuu, Oct 17, 2020

2. Age of Empires defintive edition - Download in stores error

Hi, I bought Age of Empires Definitive edition and am trying to download it via Microsoft Store.

I keep getting the error Code: 0x80073CF0

I have tried the troubleshooter. I have tried wsreset, tried it in cmd and tried all the suggestions in thread

:

Age of empires Definitive Edition - I can't download it from my Microsoft account

No luck.

I have no problems downloading any other updates.

Please help.

Is there a way of downloading the file outside of MS store?

Thanks

UlrichBester, Oct 17, 2020
  3. Can't Download Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition through Microsoft Store

downloading Age of Empires II definitive edition

I am trying to download Age of Empires II definitive edition from my Microsoft Store, but failing. The download queue indicates that the process has reached the downloading stage, but nothing downloads. Do I need to disable the firewall, or is there something
    else I am getting wrong? Thanks

RichardBaker_902, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

Can't Download Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition through Microsoft Store

1. Can't Download Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition through Microsoft Store - Similar Threads - Can't Download Age

2. Unable to download Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to download Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition: Hi, I bought 2 years ago the Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition from the store on a sale since it was pretty cheap and I wanted to play it some day. Now that I come back to install it and sit to play it the Microsoft Store is asking me to buy it or purchase Game Pass. How...
  3. Age Of Empires III Definitive Edition - Brightness

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Age Of Empires III Definitive Edition - Brightness: I just bought AOE III Definitive edition and running it the part is very dark. The UI looks in the correct light but the game does not. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/age-of-empires-iii-definitive-edition-brightness/a1756a01-4e55-4d43-a930-928bd959a0ca
  4. Can't update Age of Empires Definitive Edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't update Age of Empires Definitive Edition: Uninstalled it thenre-install. It downloads the same VERY out of date version. Which constantly nags for an update. The update is not where it should be in the store. All win10 is up to date latest version of the store. This is pathetic!...
  5. downloading Age of Empires II definitive edition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    downloading Age of Empires II definitive edition: I am trying to download Age of Empires II definitive edition from my Microsoft Store, but failing. The download queue indicates that the process has reached the downloading stage, but nothing downloads. Do I need to disable the firewall, or is there something else I am...
  6. Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition: Bought a code for Age of Empires II : Definitive Edition for Windows 10, the purchase shows up in my Microsoft Account, but I am unable to download the game from Microsoft store...when I put in redemption code it says the code has already been used. Please help me get this...
  7. Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition: Hi, I cannot access the files in windows app folders i think is because Microsoft store is in some way blocking me. I have tried the next "solutions ": -Checking the permission of the file folder -Disable antivirus and controlled folder access -Take control over folder...
  8. Downloading age of empires 2 definitive edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloading age of empires 2 definitive edition: Hi, I am trying to download age of empires 2 definitive edition which I purchased. I don't have a steady Internet connection so I would like to know if I can start downloading and pause the game then shut down the laptop and then again resume the game from where I paused from...
  9. Age of Empires Definitive Edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Age of Empires Definitive Edition: I recently purchased Age of Empires Definitive Edition. Seems like a pretty good scam. I played the game for a week and then it tells me I need to login into my Xbox account. I don't have an Xbox account. Is there any help with this or did I just waste $20 buying the...
  10. Age of Empires Definitive Edition not loading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Age of Empires Definitive Edition not loading: So as the subject suggests i am unable to actually play this game on my Laptop, the specs on my laptop would be able to run it fine as i am able to play the other age of empires game perfectly. I have done the recent update for windows and followed the steps on another post (...