Windows 10: Can't download an ICO file in Windows 10

Discus and support Can't download an ICO file in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I can't download an ICO file that was converted from a JNG file on Windows 10. I am wanting to customize my desktop icons. ex. YAHOO logo. I could... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JohnnyJ70, Jan 28, 2021.

1. JohnnyJ70 Win User

Can't download an ICO file in Windows 10

I can't download an ICO file that was converted from a JNG file on Windows 10. I am wanting to customize my desktop icons. ex. YAHOO logo. I could do it on my other Windows 10 computer, but not my new one. I get a message that says, "This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. Please install an app or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Apps Settings page."

:)

JohnnyJ70, Jan 28, 2021

2. Why .ICO files blurry when you convert from an image?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below on how to change a picture to.ico format and check if this helps. Follow the steps below to do the same:

• Select the image\picture you want to convert into .ico.
    • Now resize the image to 32x32 using Paint or Photo Gallery.
    • Save the file and just rename it to with an .ico extension and also select 24bit bitmap.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Jan 28, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 28, 2021
  4. Can't download an ICO file in Windows 10

Windows 10 forced download

To stop the download, uninstall the KB3035583 update (under "Control Panel > Windows Update > Installed Updates").

To get rid of the C:\$Windows.~BT folder:
    • Right-click on your C: drive.
    • Select "Properties".
    • Click on [ Disk Cleanup ]
    • After the initial scan: If you have a [ Clean up system files ] button, click it and wait for the second scan to finish.
    • Scroll down the list and look for "Temporary Windows installation files" (its size should be in the gigabytes range); check the box.
    • Click on [ OK ] to start the clean-up.

Static~Charge, Jan 28, 2021
Thema:

Can't download an ICO file in Windows 10

1. Can't download an ICO file in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Can't download ICO

2. Where is the Notepad .ico file in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where is the Notepad .ico file in Windows 10?: Recently I have changed my Notepad icon. But I can't find the original .ico file for Notepad. And I did the same thing with Paint.So does anyone know where those two .ico files are?If you know the answer, please reply below.Thanks!Grant...
  3. Where is the Notepad .ico file in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where is the Notepad .ico file in Windows 10?: Recently I have changed my Notepad icon. But I can't find the original .ico file for Notepad. And I did the same thing with Paint.So does anyone know where those two .ico files are?If you know the answer, please reply below.Thanks!Grant...
  4. Where is the Notepad .ico file in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Normal Folders can't change to Custom .ICO files

Normal Folders can't change to Custom .ICO files: Hello,I have been researching about this for a whole day and I can't seem to find the answer. I'm using windows 10. My folders can easily be changed from the default and then to my custom .ico files before. But then I installed a Windows 11 skinpack, but then decided to...
  6. Normal Folders can't change to Custom .ICO files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Normal Folders can't change to Custom .ICO files: Hello,I have been researching about this for a whole day and I can't seem to find the answer. I'm using windows 10. My folders can easily be changed from the default and then to my custom .ico files before. But then I installed a Windows 11 skinpack, but then decided to...
  7. Normal Folders can't change to Custom .ICO files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. ico files will not show corectly.

ico files will not show corectly.: I've been trying to get ICO files to show up in File Explorer and they will not show. I see the icon of where I can open it but not the picture itself. If anyone can help me, it would be greatly appreciated...
  9. Transparency lost for .ico files?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Transparency lost for .ico files?: I'm changing some of my icons on my Desktop. I'm using MS Paint, and whenever I resize the file to 32 pixels horizontal and vertical, save under the extension .ico and save as 24-bit bitmap, the transparency never works. The area that is supposed to be transparent is white...
  10. how to conert jpg file to ico

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to conert jpg file to ico: How do I convert a JPG file to ICO file [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-conert-jpg-file-to-ico/b39508b4-b37f-4345-a49e-87ddece3c6c9

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows ico files