Windows 10: Can't download and install Windows 10 home due to existing Windows 10 pro

Discus and support Can't download and install Windows 10 home due to existing Windows 10 pro in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I purchased a copy of Windows 10 home which I can't install despite numerous chats with Windows 10 support, which always end up being disconnected.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Sanity_Clause, Mar 4, 2021.

1. Can't download and install Windows 10 home due to existing Windows 10 pro

I purchased a copy of Windows 10 home which I can't install despite numerous chats with Windows 10 support, which always end up being disconnected. N.B.my PC hardware more than meets the spec required to run Windows 10.

I have an existing Windows 10 Pro on my PC which I am now told by support isn't a complete copy. Windows 10 Support have tried several time to download and install the Windows that I have purchased from the Windows store, but all have ended in failure when Support takeover my PC using Quick Assist. This connection always disconnects and of course I am unable to reconnect to Windows Support, when I eventually do they always go through the standard process, connect with Quick Assist and the result is always the same as before

I purchased the genuine copy of Windows 10 home from the Windows store as it would be genuine. I suggest to Windows support that they fully remove the version I have and then do a clean install of the copy I purchased, but apparently this isn't possible.they suggest in an email every time that what is possible is that I take out 12 months support contract for Windows 10, but I refuse to get this as I purchased 1 of their products and I feel that they have a responsibility to get it working correctly.

I am disabled and use speech recognition software but I'm perfectly capable of conducting conversations with Support.

Anybody any ideas of how I can get Windows 10 Home running on my PC?

:)

Sanity_Clause, Mar 4, 2021

2. Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, Mar 4, 2021
  3. Caring1 Win User
    Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

As far as I am aware there is no Windows 10 Pro version.
    But I'd be happy to be wrong.

Caring1, Mar 4, 2021
  4. Can't download and install Windows 10 home due to existing Windows 10 pro

Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

Hello guys,

I'm planning to get a new graphics card and lets just go ahead and do a clean install aswell. Now I have bought a windows PRO key online and my running OS is windows PRO. Now I want to set up my usb to make a clean install. I wanted to use the windows tool to download the PRO version but its not in the drop down box. I have tried selecting different languages but I still couldn't find it. Now my question is, can I use my pro key on a normal windows 10? If so, my problem is solved. If not, how can I download the pro version from the tool?

UPDATE::

Apperently when the install is happening, windows will select the right version depending on the product key version. So PROBLEM SOLVED *Smile Can't download and install Windows 10 home due to existing Windows 10 pro :)

JeroenBeunckens, Mar 4, 2021
Thema:

Can't download and install Windows 10 home due to existing Windows 10 pro

1. Can't download and install Windows 10 home due to existing Windows 10 pro - Similar Threads - Can't download install

2. How do i download windows 10 home WINDOWS 10 HOME NOT WINDOWS 10 PRO

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do i download windows 10 home WINDOWS 10 HOME NOT WINDOWS 10 PRO: I know youre probbably gonna give me the link to this site Download Windows 10 microsoft.combut it does not give me an option to download windows 10 HOME not windows 10 pro every time i search windows 10 home it gives ''windows 10'' and then when i start downloading it the...
  3. Upgrade Windows 11 Home to Pro using existing Windows 10 Pro key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade Windows 11 Home to Pro using existing Windows 10 Pro key: Hi there.I purchased a Windows 10 Pro license from Microsoft online back in 2015. I was e-mailed a license key which I still have. I've been using this license on a Parallels virtual machine on my Mac. I will soon decommission this virtual machine and I will be purchasing a...
  4. Upgrade Windows 11 Home to Pro using existing Windows 10 Pro key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade Windows 11 Home to Pro using existing Windows 10 Pro key: Hi there.I purchased a Windows 10 Pro license from Microsoft online back in 2015. I was e-mailed a license key which I still have. I've been using this license on a Parallels virtual machine on my Mac. I will soon decommission this virtual machine and I will be purchasing a...
  5. Used the "download Windows 10 home" link but it's trying to install Pro?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Used the "download Windows 10 home" link but it's trying to install Pro?: Hello, I have purchased Windows 10 Home for my computer. I am trying to install it. But when I use the download tool, it goes through a very long update process before telling me I have chosen to download the Pro version, which won't work because what I purchased is the Home...
  6. Installation of updates on Windows 10 Home, and installing Windows 10 Pro.

Installation of updates on Windows 10 Home, and installing Windows 10 Pro.: I have windows 10 home installed on my PC. It has failed to update numerous times in the past year, which only recently came to my attention. I purchased Windows 10 Pro and downloaded it, but when I go to install it, using the .exe, I get error code 0xc000409, or code...
  7. windows 10 pro download at home

windows 10 pro download at home: hi i want to download windows 10 pro at home but i dont have a product key how can i downloaded for free ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-download-at-home/3956c49c-7304-4e3f-952a-d7b05745ca8a
  8. Problems with installing Windows 10 Home on a laptop with existing Windows 10 Enterprise

Problems with installing Windows 10 Home on a laptop with existing Windows 10 Enterprise: Hi all, First of all, last year my laptop had some HDD problem so I bought a SSD and asked the computer shop to install the Windows at first I thought it would be the old genuine Windows but it turned out to be something else. The laptop seemed to work fine until one day...
  9. Can't Activate Windows.... 10 pro installed, 10 home key

Can't Activate Windows.... 10 pro installed, 10 home key: Hey all, I recently bought a refurbished laptop with Win 10 Pro installed. Constant "Activate Windows"in bottom right of screen. Tried to activate, error code, called Microsoft 4 times, finally got an answer..... my key that is installed is for 10 Home, not 10 Pro that's...
  10. Download Windows 10 Pro/Home

in Windows 10 Support
    Download Windows 10 Pro/Home: How can I download a version of Windows 10 that has both home and pro install files? The version I got using Media Creation tool doesn't have install.wim so didn't work for my purposes. I am trying to use MSMG toolkit to make a dual image without all the fluff and stuff....