Windows 10: Can't download any files.

Discus and support Can't download any files. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; This includes files from Microsoft and all other trusted sites . The error message at bottom of screen says the file contains a virus and the deletes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CAROL LYNN DAVIS, May 29, 2019.

1. Can't download any files.

This includes files from Microsoft and all other trusted sites .

The error message at bottom of screen says the file contains a virus and the deletes the download.

Problem occurred during a windows update during April 2019.

I spent 7 hours online with a Microsoft technician trying to fix this

a) testing & re-configuring 3 browsers Edge, Chrome and Internet Explorer

all 3 exhibited the problem in the same way.

b) removing Malware & McAfee

c) resetting the PC

None of this fixed the problem.

Anyone have other suggestions?

:)

CAROL LYNN DAVIS, May 29, 2019

2. Downloaded files disappear

When you download a file through any browser, there's an option somewhere to 'Open Containing Folder.'

In Windows, to find a file you have downloaded...

1. Open your personal folder by clicking the Start button and then clicking your user name at the top of the Start menu's right pane.
    2. Double-click one of the following folders:
      • Downloads
      • Documents
      • Pictures
      • Videos
      • Music

If you do not see the file you are looking for, but know its file name, you can search for it by following these steps:
    To search for a file you have downloaded...

1. Click the Start button
    2. Type all or part of the file name into the Search box.
      The file you are looking for will appear in the list of results.

teachermark, May 29, 2019
  3. monim1 Win User
    EMUI

Here's the steps to update EMUI 4.1.1 to 5.0 :
    • Download the EMUI 5.0(desired version) .zip file, and unzip it.
    • Place the .hwt file in the HWThemes folder from your phone.
    • Using the Themes app, apply the new theme.
    • Restart the phone, in order to see all the new changes.
    And you’re done!

monim1, May 29, 2019
  4. jmcslob Win User

Can't download any files.

2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

Hey Fits

Can you list a few helpful hints for T ski ,maybe a step by step how to OR what to look out for*Cool Can't download any files. :cool:

jmcslob, May 29, 2019
Thema:

Can't download any files.

1. Can't download any files. - Similar Threads - Can't download files

2. I can't download any type of file.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't download any type of file.: I am using Windows 8 or 8.1. I purchased the Microsoft suite years ago. I can't download any type of file now. Is this because I'm not using Microsoft 365? I can't afford a new computer and a new monthly charge. How can I resume being able to download documents?...
  3. I can't download any type of file.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't download any type of file.: I am using Windows 8 or 8.1. I purchased the Microsoft suite years ago. I can't download any type of file now. Is this because I'm not using Microsoft 365? I can't afford a new computer and a new monthly charge. How can I resume being able to download documents?...
  4. I can't upload any file, save as doesn't work , can't download certain files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't upload any file, save as doesn't work , can't download certain files: Hi everyone, I hope you can help me with my laptop issue.- if I try to download an image from any browser, "save as" doesn't work.- I can't upload a file to any browser website, attaching file to Gmail, uploading to Gdrive, PDF merger etc.- I can't download certain files from...
  5. I can't upload any file, save as doesn't work , can't download certain files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can't upload any file, save as doesn't work , can't download certain files: Hi everyone, I hope you can help me with my laptop issue.- if I try to download an image from any browser, "save as" doesn't work.- I can't upload a file to any browser website, attaching file to Gmail, uploading to Gdrive, PDF merger etc.- I can't download certain files from...
  6. Edge is not download any files

in Browsers and Email
    Edge is not download any files: This is happening on Windows 7 but fix should apply for any Windows PC. I was downloading a file that was only 4.0 KB. After 30 minute I went to close Edge and got this: It should have loaded in a matter of seconds. I thought about uninstalling Edge and then downloading the...
  7. Cant download any files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cant download any files: Anything I try to download I get a message saying cant download. Trying to install Mcafee but wont allow. Now realised cant download any files from internet etc or save photos from emails On windows 10...
  8. Can't download files using any browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't download files using any browser: Windows 10 Pro, OS build 19041.685 Following the most recent Windows update I am unable to download files of more than a few megabytes using any internet browser - I have tried Firefox, Chrome, and Edge. I have no third party antivirus or security software installed, I have...
  9. Edge Will not download any files

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Will not download any files: Hi Have just installed windows 10 on both my PC and laptop. Edge in PC allows file download. On my laptop, Edge always throws error message that file couldn't be downloaded and I cannot work out why. Does anyone have any clues as to what might be causing this? As far...
  10. Can't download any files at all

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't download any files at all: I've been running WIndows 10 for a little while now, over a month. Now, for some reason I cannot download a file. If I try from Firefox, it fails, if from IE it fails and if from Edge it fails. I'm stumped??? I can surf the web but just can't download any file at all. I've...