Windows 10: Can't download anything from any browser on Win 10

Discus and support Can't download anything from any browser on Win 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just noticed this yesterday. I tried saving an image from a website on google chrome and nothing happened. I've tried downloading files from other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TheOriginalArcticus, Jun 15, 2020.

1. Can't download anything from any browser on Win 10

I just noticed this yesterday. I tried saving an image from a website on google chrome and nothing happened. I've tried downloading files from other websites and had the same result on Chrome. I switched over to microsoft edge and had the same result. I then tried internet explorer and the browser won't even open, it crashes on startup.

I've already tried resetting the network adapter/internet options/starting in safe mode/rolling back an update/reinstalling windows/etc....

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

TheOriginalArcticus, Jun 15, 2020

2. BF4 Browser Utility

Can't download anything from any browser on Win 10 LogoBrowser.png

New! BF4 Browser Utility v1.2

This Browser will reduce the amount of memory a regular browser uses to View the Battlelog. This browser works for BF3 and BF4. Enjoy! *Toast :toast:

Change Log v1.2
    • New Features
      • New Icon.
      • New Type "about:config" in the address bar and click "Go" or press Enter on your keyboard to display the list of preferences for the GeckoFX browser.
    • Improvements.
      • Code optimization
    • Fixed Issues in previous release
      • Fixed - On the update window when you click "Yes" to get the update would take you to the old "BF3 Browser Utility" page. Now it takes you to the correct page.
    Spoiler: Screen Shots
    Can't download anything from any browser on Win 10 Main.jpg

Can't download anything from any browser on Win 10 Refresh.jpg

Can't download anything from any browser on Win 10 about.jpg

Spoiler: Previous Change Logs Change Log v1.1
    • New Features
      • New Switch to BF3/BF4 button.
      • New hyper-link to the Home thread in the About window.
    • Improvements.
      • Code optimization
      • Fixed - If Bf4 was open before the browser and the "Auto Refresh" was enabled the Battlelog page would not load properly.
    Spoiler: Bug alert No bugs in this release yet!
    Spoiler: BF4 Browser Utility Disclaimer Disclaimer
    • The "BF4 Browser Utility" is provided as is without any guarantees or warranty.
    • The author is under no obligation to provide support, service, corrections, or upgrades to the "BF4 Browser Utility".
    • The posted file is in no way associated with "techpowerup!". Please direct any issues or questions in this thread.
    • By executing or Downloading the "BF4 Browser Utility" you agree to these terms.
    Spoiler: Requirements Microsoft .Net Framework 4.5 - Download
    Download Here!

Mindweaver, Jun 15, 2020
  3. Download issue with Edge browser

Hi,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

I understand that you are not able to download any files through EDGE browser.

Follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1:

I suggest you clear the Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

• Click on the More actions (…) icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    • Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    • Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:

• Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.

• Right click on Microsoft EDGE.

• Go to details click on microsoftedgeCP.exe and click
      end task.
    You have to repeat it few times it worked for me hope it will help you to reset the Microsoft edge browser.

The download option will be available on the EDGE browser at the top right corner. Click on Hub (three horizontal symbol) and click on Downloads, there you will be able to click on Downloads folder and check where the download
    files are getting saved.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jun 15, 2020
  4. Can't download anything from any browser on Win 10

BF4 Browser Utility

New! BF4 Browser Utility v1.1

Change Log v1.1
    • New Features
      • New Switch to BF3/BF4 button.
      • New hyper-link to the Home thread in the About window.
    • Improvements.
      • Code optimization
      • Fixed - If Bf4 was open before the browser and the "Auto Refresh" was enabled the Battlelog page would not load properly.
    Download Here!

Mindweaver, Jun 15, 2020
Thema:

Can't download anything from any browser on Win 10

1. Can't download anything from any browser on Win 10 - Similar Threads - Can't download anything

2. SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION / MUPS.SYS failed when downloading anything from any browser from...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION / MUPS.SYS failed when downloading anything from any browser from...: Since the last Windows update, anytime I try to download anything, using any browser, from the Internet the system crashes with BsOD. See attached screen shots or error and system info....
  3. SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION / MUPS.SYS failed when downloading anything from any browser from...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION / MUPS.SYS failed when downloading anything from any browser from...: Since the last Windows update, anytime I try to download anything, using any browser, from the Internet the system crashes with BsOD. See attached screen shots or error and system info....
  4. SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION / MUPS.SYS failed when downloading anything from any browser from...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't download any app from web browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't download any app from web browser: Hi, so to keep things simple I will get straight to the point. I am currently using a Lenovo Thinkpad E450 and everytime I click on the .exe program to download an app from google chrome, Zoom, for instance, I get this message saying that I should update my computer to stay...
  6. Can't download any app from web browser

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't download any app from web browser: Hi, so to keep things simple I will get straight to the point. I am currently using a Lenovo Thinkpad E450 and everytime I click on the .exe program to download an app from google chrome, Zoom, for instance, I get this message saying that I should update my computer to stay...
  7. Can't download any app from web browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. I can't download anything with browsers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't download anything with browsers: Hi I can' t download anything from browsers, everytime the download starts after few second the speed drops to 0 and it says "Download Failed- Network Error". i'm on Ethernet and i've already updated the drivers. i can download games with steam, i have this problem only with...
  9. I can´t download anything from any of my browsers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can´t download anything from any of my browsers: So i first noticed this whil trying to download Uplay to my computer when a strange message appeared "error while analising virus", i have tried to disable windows defender and enable it again, looked for virus and nothing came up. The worst part is i cant even download a...
  10. Can't download anything in win 10

in Browsers and Email
    Can't download anything in win 10: I cannot download anything with edge. Also, IE will appear to open and search for website, but it stops( indicating it is AT yahoo) but the screen is blank white. 12360