Windows 10: Can't download anything from anywhere

Discus and support Can't download anything from anywhere in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I've been having an issue for quite a while, and I've tried to fix it a ton of different ways but I've come to the conclusion that it's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Alexis Valentine, Nov 18, 2020.

1. Can't download anything from anywhere

Hello, I've been having an issue for quite a while, and I've tried to fix it a ton of different ways but I've come to the conclusion that it's something wrong with the computer or windows, and not the various applications. Basically whenever I try to download anything bigger than like 50MB I get various errors. The errors are different based on what application I'm using and it doesn't occur all of the time but it has gotten to the point where I can't even work around it. I use firefox as my normal browser, however it ocurrs on all browsers, certains kinds of installers, various apps and games I use, mod launchers, etc. The error message on firefox is something along the lines of

"C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Local\Temp\thgBQKsD.zip.part could not be saved, because the source file could not be read.

Try again later, or contact the server administrator."

I have tried every fix I could find for it online, from deleting certain firefox files, resetting firefox, reinstalling it, etc. My drivers are up to date, my internet connection is better than it's ever been, though I do use wireless and do not have the wired option. I've done complete sweeps for malware and stuff, I've tried downloading things with my firewall disabled, I just can't find the cause. The thing I haven't tried yet that I really don't want to is to reset windows, keeping my personal files but deleting applications. Anyone know anything about this?

:)

Alexis Valentine, Nov 18, 2020
  2. jmcslob Win User

2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

Hey Fits

Can you list a few helpful hints for T ski ,maybe a step by step how to OR what to look out for*Cool Can't download anything from anywhere :cool:

jmcslob, Nov 18, 2020
  3. jmcslob Win User
    2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

T ski b4 your done with this post can you list a step by step fix of what you did, I would appreciate it if you would...Thanks

jmcslob, Nov 18, 2020
  4. Shuyin03 Win User

Can't download anything from anywhere

New here and seeking for help: problems with graphic card

Thanks very much lilhasselhoffer. I'll start doing what you suggested step by step.

One question thou: you suggested me to Download the latest driver package from Nvidea. However, the link you posted is for the newly released GeForce GTX 760? Am I supposed to download the drivers for that card?

Sorry for my questions. As I said, I'm not an expert at all.

Shuyin03, Nov 18, 2020
Thema:

Can't download anything from anywhere

1. Can't download anything from anywhere - Similar Threads - Can't download anything

2. Can't Download Anything From Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Download Anything From Microsoft Store: Hello, Recently, I've been facing problems on my computer. While I'm trying to download anything from the Microsoft Store, it's stuck. Taking a lot of time. "Something Happened on Our End. I tried a lot of things, but it's still not working. Try Resetting Microsoft Store,...
  3. Can't download anything.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't download anything.: I'm suspecting this has something to do with changing something in privacy. Whenever I try to download anything, it goes about a quarter done and it fails. I turned off all security, anti-virus, privacy, etr or anything I can find. It still did not fix it. I've redownloaded...
  4. Can't download anything.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't download anything.: I'm suspecting this has something to do with changing something in privacy. Whenever I try to download anything, it goes about a quarter done and it fails. I turned off all security, anti-virus, privacy, etr or anything I can find. It still did not fix it. I've redownloaded...
  5. Can't download anything.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. can't download anything

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    can't download anything: it just gets stuck on "acquiring licence"yes i've tried to enable clipsvc in task manager, no it didn't work. it just instantly stoppedi've done it in services.msc too and it didnt workive tried the registry edit but that doesnt even workeven the net start clipsvc in command...
  7. Can't download anything.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't download anything.: Whenever I try to download apps, files or pictures I keep getting a message "couldn't download virus scan failed" I have also tried to print files and they won't print same message from my printer. I am running Windows 10 s mode. Please help....
  8. Can't download anything from store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't download anything from store: I just got a new laptop running windows 10, and I'm trying to download apps from the store but can't, the download button is blocked and it says app not compatible with this device, however, my device has high specs and I'm sure it's enough to run the apps I'm trying to...
  9. Can't download anything

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't download anything: Hi, I am not able to download any of my own files. At first I thought the problem was limited to Google Chrome, as I was trying to download my own file from Google Drive and I kept getting the Download failed due to virus thing. I subsequently tried using EDGE and cannot...
  10. Can't create a new "anything" anywhere

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't create a new "anything" anywhere: I was trying to create a new folder in one of my file folders by pressing the button up top. I even tried using the "New Items" dropdown to try and create a bitmap image or Notepad document, but nothing happens. I tried right-clicking for those and the "New..." submenu option...