Windows 10: Can't Download Anything In Chrome - Keeps Saying Virus Detected

Discus and support Can't Download Anything In Chrome - Keeps Saying Virus Detected in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I cannot download anything in Chrome, not even Chrome extensions from the store. I keep getting "Failed - Virus Detected". I have disabled Kaspersky,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ddn2003, Aug 16, 2019.

1. ddn2003 Win User

Can't Download Anything In Chrome - Keeps Saying Virus Detected

I cannot download anything in Chrome, not even Chrome extensions from the store. I keep getting "Failed - Virus Detected". I have disabled Kaspersky, MalwareBytes, AdGuard and even my VPN. I have followed all the instructions (Group Policies and Registry entries) for the Windows Attachment Manager, but still no go. Even in Incognito tabs will not work.

Chrome v76.0.3809.100
    Windows 10 64-bit Build 1903

Please help!

:)

ddn2003, Aug 16, 2019
  2. Jsssssssss, Aug 16, 2019
  3. Google Chrome download

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to uninstall the application and download the setup files or install directly from Internet explorer by following the steps below:

• Open Internet explorer and type ‘www.google.com’ in the address bar.
    • To will get a notification on the right side of the browser to download and install Google Chrome.
    • Click on the notification and follow the prompts to download and install the Google Chrome application.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 16, 2019
Thema:

Can't Download Anything In Chrome - Keeps Saying Virus Detected

1. Can't Download Anything In Chrome - Keeps Saying Virus Detected - Similar Threads - Can't Download Anything

2. Downloaded File is Blocked with the saying 'virus detected'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloaded File is Blocked with the saying 'virus detected': my system detected a virus on a file I downloaded, and it got blocked/stopped halfway. Is the virus completely blocked from downloading? Do I need to run a scan? There hasn't been any bad effects from it, but I'm just worried....
  3. Downloaded File is Blocked with the saying 'virus detected'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downloaded File is Blocked with the saying 'virus detected': my system detected a virus on a file I downloaded, and it got blocked/stopped halfway. Is the virus completely blocked from downloading? Do I need to run a scan? There hasn't been any bad effects from it, but I'm just worried....
  4. Downloaded File is Blocked with the saying 'virus detected'

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Please help - Chrome won't download any applications, says "Failed - Virus detected"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Please help - Chrome won't download any applications, says "Failed - Virus detected": PLEASE HELP. I don't know if I have a virus, or if its just Chrome, or some other issue. However, for a week I have been unable to download any applications through Chrome. On the 22nd of July, I downloaded a program called FastForward, which I thought was secure. It had...
  6. Please help - Chrome won't download any applications says "Failed - Virus detected"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please help - Chrome won't download any applications says "Failed - Virus detected": PLEASE HELP.I don't know if I have a virus, or if its just Chrome, or some other issue. However, for a week I have been unable to download any applications through Chrome. On the 22nd of July, I downloaded a program called FastForward, which I thought was secure. It had...
  7. Please help - Chrome won't download any applications says "Failed - Virus detected"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please help - Chrome won't download any applications says "Failed - Virus detected": PLEASE HELP.I don't know if I have a virus, or if its just Chrome, or some other issue. However, for a week I have been unable to download any applications through Chrome. On the 22nd of July, I downloaded a program called FastForward, which I thought was secure. It had...
  8. Cannot download anything due to fasle virus detection

Cannot download anything due to fasle virus detection: Every time I try to download an email attachment or even IE from Microsoft I get an error stating that a virus has been detected and the file was deleted. I cannot download anything. I have no secondary anti virus. I have only Defender. I have turned off all anti virus and...
  9. I can't download anything from the google chrome.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't download anything from the google chrome.: I tried to download many things like games from google and when i go to press the install button it says there is another installation in progress and i can not fix it or find the thing that needs to be downloaded....
  10. Can't Download Anything In Chrome - Keeps Saying Virus Detected

Can't Download Anything In Chrome - Keeps Saying Virus Detected: I cannot download anything in Chrome, not even Chrome extensions from the store. I keep getting "Failed - Virus Detected". I have disabled Kaspersky, MalwareBytes, AdGuard and even my VPN. I have followed all the instructions (Group Policies and Registry entries) for the...