Windows 10: Can’t download anything to external ssd or any hard drive I own

Discus and support Can’t download anything to external ssd or any hard drive I own in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I can’t download anything to my ssd. Anytime I download something, my computer completely freezes, it does not go to blue screen, it does not restart... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/imjonathont, Jan 24, 2021.

1. Can’t download anything to external ssd or any hard drive I own

I can’t download anything to my ssd. Anytime I download something, my computer completely freezes, it does not go to blue screen, it does not restart unless I manually do it, and it’ll stay like that until i reboot my computer.

I am running Windows 10 on a MacBook Pro with a Touch Bar and when Windows doesn’t crash, pressing the function key will change the buttons on the Touch Bar to Function keys. But when I try to download, and my computer freezes, then I try pressing the function keys, the buttons don’t go to the Fn keys. My computer becomes unresponsive.

I have tried formatting my ssd but it still doesn’t seem to work. I have also tried to run a virus scanner but nothing shows up broken. Idk what’s going on. Help?

This is also happening to every drive I own. I don’t want to reset my whole computer cause it was such a hassle getting my eGPU to work.

submitted by /u/imjonathont
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/imjonathont, Jan 24, 2021
  2. Remon Ont Win User

External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Jan 24, 2021
  3. twynog Win User
    External hard drive not recognised

Thanks for this. I've done what you suggested and been through all the steps mentioned in the article. The hard drive works fine on a Mac computer, and I've managed to copy the information on it. It must be a Surface issue so I'll try to get a chat line tomorrow.

twynog, Jan 24, 2021
  4. Can’t download anything to external ssd or any hard drive I own

External Hard Drive

To address your concern, here are the troubleshooting steps that you can try. Follow the steps below:

Uninstall and reinstall the external hard drive program.

• In the Settings app, go to System.
    • Go to Apps & features and locate the external hard drive program.
    • Uninstall the program and go to the manufacturer's website to reinstall the updated version.
    Uninstall and reinstall the Paragon driver software.

• Following the same steps mentioned above, locate the software in Apps & features
      and uninstall it.
    • After uninstalling the software, go to the manufacturer's website to reinstall it.
    To further isolate your concern, we'd also like to verify if the OneDrive app is enabled on your PC.

You can hit us back for additional help.

Kind regards.

Jennifer Cha, Jan 24, 2021
Thema:

Can’t download anything to external ssd or any hard drive I own

1. Can’t download anything to external ssd or any hard drive I own - Similar Threads - Can’t download anything

2. Help I can’t download anything!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help I can’t download anything!: Ok so my dad brought in a office pc then it has a admin account which I cannot log into and the person who had this pc HAS LEFT THE COUNTRY, and whenever I download applications it asks me the password which I don’t know. Pls how do I delete the admin acc or change the...
  3. Help I can’t download anything!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help I can’t download anything!: Ok so my dad brought in a office pc then it has a admin account which I cannot log into and the person who had this pc HAS LEFT THE COUNTRY, and whenever I download applications it asks me the password which I don’t know. Pls how do I delete the admin acc or change the...
  4. Help I can’t download anything!

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Any recommendation on external SSD drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Any recommendation on external SSD drive?: Hi, I was looking to buy an SSD external hard drive 1TB. There are too many choices out there. Does anybody have any recommendation in terms of specific model or brands? I am mainly looking for quality and reliability. Please advice, Thank you. 179756
  6. Any recommendation on external SSD drive?

in Windows 10 Support
    Any recommendation on external SSD drive?: Hi, I was looking to buy an SSD external hard drive 1TB. There are too many choices out there. Does anybody have any recommendation in terms of specific model or brands? I am mainly looking for quality and reliability. Please advice, Thank you. 179756
  7. Can’t Download Anything

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can’t Download Anything: My laptop installed a windows update tonight and afterwards I cannot download a single file. Every time I go to download something it says “Failed virus scan”. I looked up every solution, tried them all, and it still doesn’t work. Eventually decided to try and deleting my...
  8. downloading to an external hard drive

downloading to an external hard drive: I recently bought an external hard drive for my hp labtop that connects with a usb cable. I think it has been recognized but I cant seem to look at the storage on it when I go to settings and storage it doesnt show up. Im just trying to download world of warcraft to a file on...
  9. Can’t read external hard drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can’t read external hard drive: Hey guys so i have an external hardrive that i use for my mac and has about 700gb of data. I need to transfer a 30gb file from my mac to windows with the external, but when i insert the drive into my pc, it gives the sound that a usb has been inserted but i can’t see the...
  10. I cannot copy ANYTHING, nor create a single folder on my own external hard drive

I cannot copy ANYTHING, nor create a single folder on my own external hard drive: So. I'm not exactly sure when I unplugged my external hard drive, but it has probably been a few months by now. The other once I can copy to, but it has not been unplugged, and I guess was still plugged in when all sorts of updates happened. I am certain I disabled updates...