Windows 10: Can't download apps from microsoft store (and all of the problems that snowballed into)

Discus and support Can't download apps from microsoft store (and all of the problems that snowballed into) in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; It all started when I decided to boot up Sea of Thieves. I started the game, loaded into the menu just fine, then closed the app. Then when i went to... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by JeffRogers99, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Can't download apps from microsoft store (and all of the problems that snowballed into)

It all started when I decided to boot up Sea of Thieves. I started the game, loaded into the menu just fine, then closed the app. Then when i went to start it again, it would crash before loading any intros, every, single, time. I didn't think I had the game installed in the first place, which I don't, so this threw me off. Well this turned into me not being able to download ANY app from the microsoft store. I just get told that there was an issue downloading and that "we'll try again later" several times before it finally gives up and just gives me an error code which I no longer have access to because get this, after trying every known solution in the internet and completely resetting the store, now the sign in button in the top left corner does absolutely nothing! Truly amazing right? So I am no longer able to sign into the store app. Well, the internet suggests that this is because of an update error. So i go to try and update windows 10, and now there is an (apparently) unknown reason as to why it can't update. So to fix THIS issue, the internet suggests replacing a registry, but I can't do that because, hold on it gets better, now wuauserv no longer exists in regedit for some reason. I would assume this has been the case for a while since the whole windows not being able to update thing has been an issue for a few months now.

So, as you can hopefully see, my computer is beyond screwed, no solution has changed anything at all (yes even the one you're about to copy/paste into your reply), and now the microsoft store itself is preventing me from fixing anything. One problem is caused by another problem, and that problem can't be fixed because the solutions to fix that problem don't work either, and so on.

I've submitted feedback about the initial download error code via the store and supplied screenshots, but that isn't even the main problem anymore. At this point the only solution I can see is a complete and total reinstall of a new copy of windows. Which at this point I would be happy to do if there's no feasible way to fix my problem. I would lose a lot of work, files, and settings I suppose, but man, I just want to play Sea of Thieves with my buds.

:)

JeffRogers99, Nov 9, 2018

2. microsoft app store

How to run apps that are downloaded from Microsoft app store on multiple PCs without downloading multiple times.

Subhash Boipai, Nov 9, 2018
  3. sam02 Win User
    App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, Nov 9, 2018
  4. Can't download apps from microsoft store (and all of the problems that snowballed into)

Unable to download app from Microsoft Store

We would like to know what’s the result after running the apps troubleshooter. Please refer to this
    link
    if you wish to download the troubleshooter.

In case that the troubleshooter didn’t help on this matter, we suggest that you reset the Microsoft Store. Kindly follow the steps:

• Press Windows + R keys to run the command box.
    • Type WSReset, then try downloading the app again.
    Kindly keep us updated.

JohnMel And, Nov 9, 2018
Thema:

Can't download apps from microsoft store (and all of the problems that snowballed into)

1. Can't download apps from microsoft store (and all of the problems that snowballed into) - Similar Threads - Can't download apps

2. Can't download apps from Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't download apps from Microsoft store: Unable to download apps from Microsoft store even after resetting and repairing app in settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-download-apps-from-microsoft-store/75195aa9-db4a-48ed-9b14-5dd1a19129f4
  3. Can't download apps from Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't download apps from Microsoft store: Unable to download apps from Microsoft store even after resetting and repairing app in settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-download-apps-from-microsoft-store/75195aa9-db4a-48ed-9b14-5dd1a19129f4
  4. Microsoft store- Can't download apps from Microsoft Store.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store- Can't download apps from Microsoft Store.: hello i Can't download apps from Microsoft Store. it says i own the app but when i click install i cant install the app. Please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-cant-download-apps-from-microsoft/f68a63a3-5558-4ee2-b385-6a542ec75e2f
  5. Microsoft store- Can't download apps from Microsoft Store.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store- Can't download apps from Microsoft Store.: hello i Can't download apps from Microsoft Store. it says i own the app but when i click install i cant install the app. Please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-cant-download-apps-from-microsoft/f68a63a3-5558-4ee2-b385-6a542ec75e2f
  6. Microsoft store- Can't download apps from Microsoft Store.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Can't download app from Microsoft Store

Can't download app from Microsoft Store: I just bought Minecraft for Windows 10 and it is not downloading. When I try to download it it says downloading for a couple seconds then says error. When I click see details it gives me the error code 0x80072F8F. I will attach a screenshot. I have tried resetting the...
  8. Can't download apps from microsoft store!

Can't download apps from microsoft store!: Recently I have installed <Your Phone App> app on my android device and it requires <Your Phone> app same in my Microsoft computer and I opened Microsoft store and when I choose any app or game after a few seconds the Microsoft Store get close automatically so I can't...
  9. Problems with downloading apps from microsoft store.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with downloading apps from microsoft store.: I have been trying to download the Halo Master Chief collection from the microsoft store, however every few minutes it stops downloading and gives me the error Code: 0x87E00017. If i click to resume the download it picks up from where it left off, but I've been doing this for...
  10. Can't download apps from Microsoft Store

Can't download apps from Microsoft Store: I am unable to download the Fitbit app from the Microsoft store. When I am trying to download it and click on ‘get app’ a blue screen shows up for a few seconds and then vanishes. That’s it. I tried to download a different app but nothing changed. So the issue isn’t with...