Windows 10: Can't download apps from Windows Store after logging in on new device

Discus and support Can't download apps from Windows Store after logging in on new device in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So I bought FH4, downloaded it on my main device then wanted to play a different PC so logged in to the store and tried to install it - wouldn't work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by iam_nick, Jan 31, 2019.

1. iam_nick Win User

Can't download apps from Windows Store after logging in on new device

So I bought FH4, downloaded it on my main device then wanted to play a different PC so logged in to the store and tried to install it - wouldn't work (error code: x8007f2f8). So after that I tried to play the game on the first device and it kept crashing upon loading. Uninstalled the game and found that I couldn't install it again; when I select install drive and hit 'install' it just goes back to the store page with the install button greyed out and the install doesn't even show as starting or give an error message. The same goes for any other apps. I can get nothing to install from the Store after this.

I've run the Windows Apps troubleshooter, WSreset.exe and have also tried done a full reset of Windows 10.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

iam_nick, Jan 31, 2019

2. Windows 10 Apps from the store wont download

Hi Sumon,

Sorry for the delay in response.

• Do you face this issue only with these apps?
    • Did you try downloading other apps?
    • Did you try stopping these apps and then downloading it again?
    We would suggest you to try the steps mentioned in the link

• Type troubleshooting in the search
      box
      and hit Enter.
    • Click View all from the left pane and select Windows store apps.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions and check.
    If the steps don't work try these steps:

Try to reset the Windows store and check.
    • Press Win + R on the keyboard to open run Window.
    • Type wsreset.exe to reset the Windows store cache.
    Hope this information helps.

Ravinath P, Jan 31, 2019
  3. John Sarc Win User
    Windows Firewall blocks App Store from downloading new apps

Hi,

Let's try to check if the app store you're referring to if it's really blocked by Windows Firewall. See these steps:

• Open Windows Firewall from the taskbar >
      Firewall & network protection
      > Allow an app through firewall.
    • A new window will show up containing the list of the apps that ca be allowed through Firewall.
    • Look for the app you want to be accessed, and make sure that the Domain, Private and Public are ticked. That would allow the app store to be accessed.

Let us know what happens after doing the suggestion.

John Sarc, Jan 31, 2019
  4. Simkyn.C Win User

Unable to download new Windows store apps

I am unable to download any new apps from the Windows store.

I'm able to download apps on my Windows store Library and
    I'm able to update any of the Windows apps, but if
    I try and download any new apps, I get an error message that states:

"Try that again, Something happened on our end. Waiting a bit might help."

This seems to be related specifically to my account since if I setup a new account on the same machines, I can use the tools without issue.

• I created a new account on the same machine just to see if I could download apps from the store, which I was able to accomplish.

• I removed the original account and then recreated it. On logging back in under the recreated account, I was back to the original message.

• I ran wsreset.exe, which did not help.

• I ran the troubleshooter for Windows store which resulted in:
    Windows Store cache may be damaged

Detection details:

Problem with BITS service : The requested service has already been started.

More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 2182.

Again I'm able to download or update any of the apps in my library and if I create a new account on my machine, I'm able to download new apps from that account. If I create and sign in under my account, my ability to download new apps from the Windows store
    immediately goes away.

Simkyn.C, Jan 31, 2019
Thema:

1. Can't download apps from Windows Store after logging in on new device - Similar Threads - Can't download apps

2. Can't download apps from Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't download apps from Microsoft store: Unable to download apps from Microsoft store even after resetting and repairing app in settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-download-apps-from-microsoft-store/75195aa9-db4a-48ed-9b14-5dd1a19129f4
  3. Can't download apps from Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't download apps from Microsoft store: Unable to download apps from Microsoft store even after resetting and repairing app in settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-download-apps-from-microsoft-store/75195aa9-db4a-48ed-9b14-5dd1a19129f4
  4. new app from store can't be located

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    new app from store can't be located: where does windows 10 store place newly purchased apps on hard drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-app-from-store-cant-be-located/bcf06a0d-7ad6-4541-8d4a-db880ee8e612
  5. new app from store can't be located

new app from store can't be located: where does windows 10 store place newly purchased apps on hard drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-app-from-store-cant-be-located/bcf06a0d-7ad6-4541-8d4a-db880ee8e612
  6. Can't download app from Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't download app from Microsoft Store: I just bought Minecraft for Windows 10 and it is not downloading. When I try to download it it says downloading for a couple seconds then says error. When I click see details it gives me the error code 0x80072F8F. I will attach a screenshot. I have tried resetting the...
  7. Can't download apps from microsoft store!

Can't download apps from microsoft store!: Recently I have installed <Your Phone App> app on my android device and it requires <Your Phone> app same in my Microsoft computer and I opened Microsoft store and when I choose any app or game after a few seconds the Microsoft Store get close automatically so I can't...
  8. Can't download apps from Microsoft Store

Can't download apps from Microsoft Store: I am unable to download the Fitbit app from the Microsoft store. When I am trying to download it and click on ‘get app’ a blue screen shows up for a few seconds and then vanishes. That’s it. I tried to download a different app but nothing changed. So the issue isn’t with...
  9. Can't Log In To Kindle App Downloaded From From Microsoft Store

Can't Log In To Kindle App Downloaded From From Microsoft Store: I'm running a Windows 10 64 bit (1803). I installed the Kindle app from the Microsoft store. I have 2-step verification set up with my Amazon account. When I tried to logon, it gives me an error message: There was a problem with your E-mail/Password combination. Please try...
  10. Can't log in or download apps in Windows Store

Can't log in or download apps in Windows Store: I'd click the icon next to the search bar and click Sign In. Afterwards i'd select my account and then gray window would appear then disappear and that's it. Nothing else would happen. Same thing happens when i tried downloading apps. I'd hit Get App then the gray window...