Windows 10: Can't download Football Manager 2020 from Microsoft Store

Discus and support Can't download Football Manager 2020 from Microsoft Store in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hi, I already downloaded and installed the Football Manager 2020 from Microsoft Store a few weeks ago. After playing for just one day, I tried... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Noble Eluwah, May 29, 2020.

1. Can't download Football Manager 2020 from Microsoft Store

Hi,

I already downloaded and installed the Football Manager 2020 from Microsoft Store a few weeks ago. After playing for just one day, I tried launching a few days later and it couldn't load the games page.

I encountered some issues with my PC and had to reset the PC which led to losing the game files and the game from my PC; Having paid for this game I went back to the Microsoft Store to download and install the game again, but to my utmost surprise, I am still unable to download or even install this game.

If I can't download this game again, is it possible for me to get a refund of the amount I paid since I am currently unable to derive utility for the amount I paid? Or is it some kind of scam service?

Thanks for your anticipated help.

:)

Noble Eluwah, May 29, 2020
  2. A_S00 Win User

How can I free up space taken up by an incomplete Microsoft Store download?

Found the solution. Steps I used to fix this:

1. Open the C:\Program Files\WindowsApps folder, which is where the Windows Store puts its downloads. The WindowsApps folder isn't permissioned to normal users, so this has to be done using some utility that's being run as administrator (either a command prompt window, or some other file manager like 7zip; h/t ManSamVampire for the 7zip suggestion). DO NOT assign ownership of the WindowsApps folder to your own user account to gain access to it, as doing so will cause major problems and can't be easily undone (h/t Ramhound's answer for this warning).
    2. Sort the subfolders inside WindowsApps by the date they were last modified; this will let you easily find the folders that have recently had new stuff put into them.
    3. In my case, the offending subfolder was called MSIXVC, which is apparently a type of installer used by the Windows Store. Inside, I had an anomalous 37GB file created last night with no file extension, called "8BBF2763-A1C6-4F1B-96CA-B79DD5FDA4EE". Given that this file was enormous, created at the right time, and in a subfolder suggesting it was an installer, I concluded that this was the droid I was looking for.
    4. From within your run-as-administrator utility, delete the offending file. I deleted the ginormous, bafflingly-named file from the MSIXVC folder, and lo and behold I had all my disk space back!

Now redownloading and installing Outer Worlds. This time I'll know better than to turn off my computer partway through.

A_S00, May 29, 2020
  3. Trouble installing Ultimate Pass game *Football Manager 2019 (Win 10)*

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties you are facing with the installation of the Football Manager 2019 on Windows 10. We appreciate your effort in troubleshooting the issue and providing us the detailed information

However, we would suggest you to reset the Microsoft store app and temporarily disable Kaspersky software and then install the Football Manager 2019.

Reset the Microsoft Store cache: Press the Windows Logo Key + R to open the
    Run dialog box, type wsreset.exe, and then select OK.
    Restart the PC and open Microsoft Store to install the
    Football Manager 2019.

Disable Antivirus or security software disclaimer:

If you have Windows 10, you’ll get the latest antivirus protection with Windows Defender. When you start up Windows 10 for the first time, Windows Defender is on and actively helping to protect your PC by scanning for malware (malicious software), viruses,
    and security threats. Windows Defender uses real-time protection to scan everything you download or run on your PC. Windows Update downloads updates for Windows Defender automatically to help keep your PC safe and protect it from threats.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, May 29, 2020
  4. Can't download Football Manager 2020 from Microsoft Store

football (soccer) managment.

when or will there be a football (soccer) managment game released for windows 7 phone.

aidyhughes, May 29, 2020
Thema:

Can't download Football Manager 2020 from Microsoft Store

1. Can't download Football Manager 2020 from Microsoft Store - Similar Threads - Can't download Football

2. Can't download from the Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't download from the Microsoft store: I can't download from the Microsoft store anymore. Not sure why just get this error everytime I try. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-download-from-the-microsoft-store/96452278-0169-40f1-bb60-e351b9b6f77e
  3. Can't download from the Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't download from the Microsoft Store: Hi I cannot download apps from the Microsoft Store. I have tried every suggested solution I can find and I've listed them below for reference. It is a new PC build. In addition to the solutions below, I have re-installed windows 10 twice. A couple of solutions seemed to do...
  4. Can't download from the Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't download from the Microsoft Store: Hi I cannot download apps from the Microsoft Store. I have tried every suggested solution I can find and I've listed them below for reference. It is a new PC build. In addition to the solutions below, I have re-installed windows 10 twice. A couple of solutions seemed to do...
  5. Football Manager 2021 doesn't show up in the Microsoft Store

Football Manager 2021 doesn't show up in the Microsoft Store: Hello! The title pretty much says it all. I tried to play FM2021 to take advantage of GamePass, but it doesn't show up in the Store. When I try to install it through the browser it opens the game page, but it says I require admin rights and updated Windows 10 I have both....
  6. cant install football manager 2020

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant install football manager 2020: i bought a keycode for FM 2020 and have activated it on the microsoft store but it will not let me install the game it just takes me to a page to purchase the game when it already says on the previous page that I own this game any help would be welcome thanks....
  7. Football manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Football manager: Tried to play football manager on my laptop but keep getting file system error -2143322101 any ideas https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/football-manager/8a8a8a23-2ec7-454c-b24e-5566db4f12f5
  8. Can't Install Football Manager 2020

Can't Install Football Manager 2020: Been trying to install Football Manager 2020 via xbox game pass ultimate - downloads fine until it hits 3.77GB at which point it stops downloading and gives me Error Code 0x800704C6. I have the following suggested fixes: Run App Troubleshooter Clean Boot Resetting...
  9. Can't download from Microsoft Store

Can't download from Microsoft Store: Hello, Since a few days I couldn't play Forza Horizon 4 anymore, which worked for about a year. Nothing has changed in my set up or anything. I tried to reinstall Forza, to get it back to working but now it's stuck at '' Starting Download '' in the Microsoft store. Found a...
  10. Football Manager 2019 on Microsoft Store

Football Manager 2019 on Microsoft Store: Hello, Is Football Manager 2019 downloadable for free if you have the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate on Console? Because I am able to download some games which say the caption 'With Xbox Game Pass for PC, play this game'. Football Manager 2019 says the same but I can't download...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. football manager 2020 cd key microsoft