Windows 10: Can't download from SD card

Discus and support Can't download from SD card in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have been downloading pictures from a trail camera with no problem until yesterday and now when I try to download pictures I get a notation stating... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Sanford2, Nov 22, 2020.

1. Sanford2 Win User

Can't download from SD card

I have been downloading pictures from a trail camera with no problem until yesterday and now when I try to download pictures I get a notation stating "make sure your device is unlocked and that you accept the notification to connect". I have a feeling that my wife might of hit a wrong key or something else as it was working fine before this happened. As you can tell I am not very computer literate but thought I might be able to get some help here. I am using a 16 GB SDHC card for my camera and I have tried other cards that I knew were ok and got the same message.

:)

Sanford2, Nov 22, 2020
  2. dorsetknob, Nov 22, 2020
  3. SD card not sen

Lumia 625 has a SD card slot. I have downloaded certain apps on PC (.xap files) and am trying to install the same on my Lumia 625. However, I am not able to view "SD card" when I am in the "Store" (as mentioned in step 2 below) and so cannot install
    the apps.

"install apps and games from your phone's SD card

• Insert an SD card that contains one or more .XAP files into your phone.

• On Start
      Can't download from SD card hardware-icon-start-button.png
      , tap Store
      Can't download from SD card start-icon-marketplace.png
      then tap SD card."

i have used your trick of switch off phone but, it can't works
    Can anyone please suggest any solution?

sachinpawale, Nov 22, 2020
  4. Can't download from SD card

SD card failure

Hi Andrew,

I would need to ask few questions so I can isolate your concern properly. Kindly answer the following:

• Did you get a specific error message?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    • What's the current build of your computer? Press Windows key + R and then type winver.
    • Did you try to run a full system scan using your anti-virus? Can you tell us the result?
    • Does your SD card has a write protection?

Meanwhile, you may try these troubleshooting steps:

Step 1: Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter. Open Settings> Update & Security> Troubleshoot> Hardware and Devices> Run the troubleshooter.

Step 2: Check SD Card in Disk Management.

1. Open Disk Management.
    2. Your SD card will appear as a removable disk.
    3. Check if it has a drive letter.
    4. If it does not show anything, right click the SD card and then select “Change Drive Letter and Paths”.
    5. Click “Add” and select a drive letter, then click “OK”.

Step 3: Update SD card driver.

1. Open Device manager.
    2. Find your SD card and right click it.
    3. Select Properties.
    4. Click the driver tab and then select Update Driver.

Note: You may need to use a keyboard and mouse to connect to your laptop to perform the said steps if it does not allow on tablet mode.

Raymond Ave, Nov 22, 2020
Thema:

Can't download from SD card

1. Can't download from SD card - Similar Threads - Can't download card

2. Cant download photos from sd card

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cant download photos from sd card: Had Widows auto upgrade overnight - appearance of "Photos" changed - tried to download pictures from SD card - got an error message " Please Update your device settings to accept media transfer" - how do I do this ?...
  3. Cant download photos from sd card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant download photos from sd card: Had Widows auto upgrade overnight - appearance of "Photos" changed - tried to download pictures from SD card - got an error message " Please Update your device settings to accept media transfer" - how do I do this ?...
  4. Cant download photos from sd card

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Cant download photos from sd card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Can't install windows 10 from sd card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't install windows 10 from sd card: When i try to install windows from sd card at the pc needs a restart after it puts pe to install windows again,but when i boot the ssd where i installed windows it says no system operation found...
  7. Nothing will download to SD card

Nothing will download to SD card: Hey! I recently got an SD card for my HP laptop. It only had 29GB of storage and Windows took up most of the storage, leaving me with only Netflix. Due to this the laptop was also extremely slow it wasn't my wifi, I tried it at multiple peoples houses. I put in the SD Card...
  8. Downloading from SD card to computer in Windows 10

Downloading from SD card to computer in Windows 10: I just upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10. I'm trying to download photos from an SD card. This worked fine in Win 7, now I am getting an error message that says that the card needs to be Formatted. If I do that, I lose all of the photos. Any suggestions?...
  9. Downloading photos from sd card to a specific folder

Downloading photos from sd card to a specific folder: Hi, I cannot download my photos from my SD card to a specific folder that I have created. I have only notice this problem today. It tells me if I would like to change the designated folder but when I try to add the new name to my photo file nothing happens...
  10. SD card download and play

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SD card download and play: how do I download and play a video from an SD card? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card-download-and-play/7fcc1484-684c-45af-b36c-753824e8f2b3