Windows 10: Cant download games/apps

Discus and support Cant download games/apps in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hi, I have just bought the Xbox game pass on the Microsoft store and when I try to download any games that come with Xbox game pass it says that there... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by JasonFormani, Dec 6, 2018 at 6:58 PM.

1. Cant download games/apps

Hi, I have just bought the Xbox game pass on the Microsoft store and when I try to download any games that come with Xbox game pass it says that there is no device connected. I can still download free apps such as Netflix or Spotify. I know that my device is connected to my account because when I log in here it says that everything is looking good and shows my desktop connected.

:)

JasonFormani, Dec 6, 2018 at 6:58 PM

2. i just downloaded a game and it will open and shut automatically

Hi john,

For a better clarity on the issue, please answer the below questions;

• Please specify the game you are having issue with?
    • Are you getting any error messages while opening the game?
    • Also, did you download the game from windows Store?
    For workaround, I would suggest you to follow the below steps and see if the issue can be resolved.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search next to start on the desktop.
    • Click on View All on left side and select Windows Store Apps.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions.

Get back to us for further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

3. Where are my downloaded Games?

Hi Brandon,

Games downloaded from the Microsoft Store website or through the Windows Store app are added in the Xbox app's Game list. To access this, kindly perform the following steps:

• Select the Start button, then select Xbox.
    • Sign in using the Microsoft account you've used to download the game.
    • Select My games. Games you have on that device will appear there.

If you can't see the game, it may be because the game was not automatically added on your Game list. To add it, proceed with the steps below:

• Select the Start button, then select Xbox.
    • Sign in using the Microsoft account you've used to download the game.
    • Select My games.
    • Select Add a game from your PC.
    • You'll see a scrollable list of all Win32 games and programs that have
      Start
      menu shortcuts. From the list, find Solitaire HD and add it to your
      My games menu so you can quickly browse for and launch the game.
    • Once you've selected your choices, select Add selected games at the bottom of the pop-up window.

Don't forget to notify us with the results. We'd be glad to further assist you.

Catherine Cus., Dec 6, 2018 at 6:59 PM
  4. Cant download games/apps

Windows 10 Game Apps

Based on the error you've received, this seems to be due to corrupted Store cache. We suggest manually resetting the Store app from the Settings menu. Here are the steps:

• Click Start, then Settings.
    • Select System.
    • Select Apps & features.
    • Find the Store app, then click Reset.
    • Click Reset again to confirm.
    • Restart your device so that the changes will take effect. Sign in to the app. Launch the game and check if the same issue occurs.

We also recommend accessing the game from the Start menu. Here are the steps:

• Press the Windows button on your device or keyboard, or select the Windows icon in the lower-left corner of the main screen.
    • Select All apps, and then find your game in the list. Check if you encounter the same issue.

We also recommend signing in to a different user profile. This can help determine if this is due to corrupted user profile. Here are the steps:

• Press the Windows button on your device or keyboard, or select the Windows icon from the bottom-left corner of the main screen.
    • Select your account name from the top-left corner of the menu, and then select Switch account.
    • Sign in with an account other than the one you were using.
    • Restart the game to see if it works correctly.

If you don't have a different user profile, kindly perform the steps provided on this link

Catherine Cus., Dec 6, 2018 at 6:59 PM
Thema:

Cant download games/apps

1. Cant download games/apps - Similar Threads - Cant download games

2. Cant launch any steam games that require directx to be downloaded

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant launch any steam games that require directx to be downloaded: I just got a new laptop that is an hp with a AMD ryzen 3 2200U processor and integrated AMD Radeon Vega 3 graphics when i check the dxdiag info it says I have directx 12 installed but when I finished downloading Counter strike global offensive and tried to launch it says...
  3. Downloading Game Clips

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downloading Game Clips: Hello fam, I am having trouble trimming my video captures on Xbox. So I started using the Xbox Live App on Windows 10. In order for me to trim the videos I have to download them to my laptop. Once I have done this the app tells me it does not recognize the game so therefore...
  4. Cant Install or Download DotNetFX

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cant Install or Download DotNetFX: like I said on subject I cant install or download any version of DotNetFX everytime I try it got error code 0x80D03805 try finding answer on google and youtube doest work any suggestion? I appreciate it sry for my bad eng [IMG]...
  5. cant download gameroom,why

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    cant download gameroom,why: I cant down load game room from facebook,why?please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-download-gameroomwhy/86c47a75-9771-4dbe-9b9b-335bd9844a39
  6. cant download goggle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cant download goggle: get error ?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-download-goggle/6934f2ad-01db-42ef-93db-dce293f6adc8
  7. cant download roblox

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant download roblox: so I was downloading Roblox from the store but the error kept appearing. if you're wondering what the error was, it was "Error: see details". can I fix this?...
  8. cant install purchased game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cant install purchased game: Hi There. I recently purchased some the Witcher 3 game from the Microsoft Store. However, when I click, "Install on my Devices" I get a small pop up screen that says, "It looks like you don’t have any applicable device(s) linked to your Microsoft account. To install, sign...
  9. Cant play old games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant play old games: Hey my windows 10 cant play some old games command and conquer Tiberian Sun and command and conquer Red alert 2 it says one or more dlls are missing please reinstall and i have...
  10. This app cant open

in Browsers and Email
    This app cant open: I usually use Firefox but I have just recently done a clean install and have decided to to give edge a try. But something is happening that I don't understand. I'm not on my windows pro computer at the moment so I cant give you the exact error message or when it happens. From...