Windows 10: Can't download games. Download speed drops to 0 B/s

Discus and support Can't download games. Download speed drops to 0 B/s in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I've been having this problem for about 3 weeks. It happens on Steam, Origin, Riot Games Launcher, and the Epic Games Launcher. So basically anytime... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Hayden Murrey, Apr 25, 2020.

1. Can't download games. Download speed drops to 0 B/s

I've been having this problem for about 3 weeks. It happens on Steam, Origin, Riot Games Launcher, and the Epic Games Launcher. So basically anytime I'm downloading games. I will get about 1 - 2 GB into the download and then my download speed goes to 0 B/s and never goes up. It is not my internet provider, all my other pc's and devices download things just fine. I've factory reset my pc multiple times. done clean boots, disabled my anti virus and firewall, ran it as administrator, cleared my cache, updated all of my drivers, and reformatted my drives. I've tried so many solutions from the internet and sought out tech support but I never found something that worked. Please help! This is driving me crazy. Also, any time this issue happens, if i try to close the launcher, it still shows up in my processes on task manager, and if i try to end the process it says the operation could not be performed. I also cant restart my pc when it happens I believe because my pc cant end the process either so I have to restart my pc by holding the power button. This is not an internet issue, it is my pc. It happens on other networks too.

I'm having this issue on a Dell XPS 15 4K 2-in-1. 8th gen. intel core i7, 16 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD. My laptop has integrated graphics but I dont use them. Instead I have an Asus xg station pro It's an external GPU. In my egpu I have a NVIDIA Geforce 1660ti. I also use an external 512 GB SSD and a 500 GB Hard drive. I cant download games on any of the drives no matter how they are formatted. please help.

:)

Hayden Murrey, Apr 25, 2020
  2. Daniel Win User

Browsing speed is fast, but download speed is 0

I'm currently using Windows 10 and netcomm nb604n router.

Problem:
    Web browsing on chrome/edge/firefox works fast, but my download speed from majority of websites start around 10kb/s and eventually (in a few minutes) decrease to 0kb/s.

Here are some example files that does this:
    https://atlas.hashicorp.com/laravel/boxes/homestead/versions/1.0.1/providers/virtualbox.box
    Git for Windows (there is a download button)

When I am downloading from utorrent, or when I installed the Unity engine through Unity's installer, my download speed was fine.

Things that I have tried:

1. Running the test on speedtest.net. It says that my download speed is 18MB/s and upload speed is 1Mb/s. Of course this doesn't demonstrate the actual speed that I'll get when downloading/uploading from a server, but my ISP is using this to say that there is no problem on their side.
    2. Taking my router, filter, and all cables to another house and downloading the same files that I couldn't download. This worked perfectly fine, so I'm guessing that my equipment is not the issue.
    3. Using both wireless and LAN on a brand new computer and an old laptop. The problem exists in all cases.
    4. Resetting and restarting the router. Did not do anything.
    5. Changing the mtu settings as suggested on Windows 7, download speeds drop to 0 kb/s and the download has to be restarted
      Unfortunately this didn't solve my issue.
    6. Calling my ISP to make sure that they weren't throttling my network. They are denying any fault on their end, and are claiming that there is something wrong with my computer or my router but refusing to provide a solution.

If anyone has any suggestions or ideas on what I could try to resolve this issue, please let me know!

Daniel, Apr 25, 2020
  3. Downloading games

Hi,

Install game in Compatibility mode

I would suggest you to install the game I compatibility mode and check: Follow these steps:

• Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.

• Right-click on the driver setup file and click on
      ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 10 from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists

Hope it helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist.

Thank you.

Jenith_James, Apr 25, 2020
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Can't download games. Download speed drops to 0 B/s

Need for speed most wanted 2005 game lagging

Hi Jithish,

Thank you for the update.

Did you installed the latest Display drivers and check if the performance of Need for speed game. If not install latest drivers and check. Also install all pending Windows updates. As you have mentioned that you have downloaded game through Torrent. I suggest
    you to uninstall and reinstall game in Compatible mode. Refer the steps below.

Compatibility mode

Follow the steps below on how to install game in compatibility mode:

1. Download the game from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the game and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the game install and then check the functionality.

Hope above troubleshooting will resolve game lagging. We will be happy to assist you if you have any further queries.

Thank you.

Pavan_N, Apr 25, 2020
Thema:

Can't download games. Download speed drops to 0 B/s

1. Can't download games. Download speed drops to 0 B/s - Similar Threads - Can't download games

2. Certain files fully download before dropping to 0 b/s and stay there indefinitely

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Certain files fully download before dropping to 0 b/s and stay there indefinitely: I've been attempting to download several files for 3D printing. Strangely, some files will fully download example: reaching 191 MB out of a 191 MB file size then drop to 0 b/s and stay there, refusing to finish the download. This happens across all three browsers on my...
  3. Certain files fully download before dropping to 0 b/s and stay there indefinitely

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Certain files fully download before dropping to 0 b/s and stay there indefinitely: I've been attempting to download several files for 3D printing. Strangely, some files will fully download example: reaching 191 MB out of a 191 MB file size then drop to 0 b/s and stay there, refusing to finish the download. This happens across all three browsers on my...
  4. Internet download speed suddenly dropped

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet download speed suddenly dropped: Hello, I recently experienced a huge drop in my internet download speed. I have an HP pavilion 15 laptop dual boot with Windows 10 and Ubuntu 20.4.When I am on Ubuntu I have a download speed of roughly 200MB/s, and that's quite consistent. However, it's been a couple of weeks...
  5. download speed suddenly drops to 0

in Windows 10 Gaming
    download speed suddenly drops to 0: my download speed while downloading a file,games fro any services,etc my network speed drops to 0 kb/s and the wifi needs to be disconnected and connected again to continue and the same thing repeats under a minute or 2 please help me out and be faster with solutions....
  6. download speed suddenly drops to 0

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    download speed suddenly drops to 0: my download speed while downloading a file,games fro any services,etc my network speed drops to 0 kb/s and the wifi needs to be disconnected and connected again to continue and the same thing repeats under a minute or 2 please help me out and be faster with solutions....
  7. download speed suddenly drops to 0

8. Download speed drop to 0B/s with every browser

Download speed drop to 0B/s with every browser: I can' t download nothing from browsers, everytime the download starts and after a few second the speed drops to 0 B/s and it says "Download Failed- Network Error". i'm on Ethernet and i've already updated the drivers. I did a repair install of windows 10 with an In-Place...
  9. Windows !0 Internet Download Speeds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows !0 Internet Download Speeds: I own three Mac Computers which I purchased only after I could run my Windows programs on them. I have a 2009 desktop, a 2018 desktop, and, as of a few days ago, a brand new 2020 MacBook Pro. All three have partitioned hard drives, the 2008 on Windows 7, the 2018 and 2020...
  10. I can't download anything. download speed 0 B/s

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can't download anything. download speed 0 B/s: I've been having this problem for about 3 weeks. It happens on Steam, Origin, Riot Games Launcher, and the Epic Games Launcher. So basically anytime I'm downloading games. I will get about 1 - 2 GB into the download and then my download speed goes to 0 B/s and never goes up....