Windows 10: Can't download games that need Admin approval on ms store.

Discus and support Can't download games that need Admin approval on ms store. in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; So from what i can tell all the games that are free with the new pc game pass need admin approval all other games don't this makes 0 sense what the... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Leon619, Jun 11, 2019 at 11:58 AM.

1. Leon619 Win User

Can't download games that need Admin approval on ms store.

So from what i can tell all the games that are free with the new pc game pass need admin approval all other games don't this makes 0 sense what the heck is going on?

:)

2. MS Store Games

Hi Gene,

Thank you for keeping us updated on this query.

When you download a Game or an App from Windows Store, the location where the files and folders related to the Game or an App will be located in
    WindowsApps folder at Program Files which can be accessed from C: drive.

Step 1: You can search the Game or an App you downloaded using
    Cortana by following the steps below:

• Click on Start key on the Keyboard and type the game name in the search box. The downloaded game will show in the top most search result.
    • Click on the game and check if you can access the game.

Step 2: To pin the game on the taskbar, follow the steps below:

• Search for the game using Cortana by following the steps above.
    • Right click on the game and select Pin to Taskbar option.
    • Close the window and check if the game is pinned to taskbar.

We are happy to assist you with any issues pertaining to Windows.

Thank you.

3. LeonLaude Win User
    unable to download games from app store

Hi,

I suggest that you reset the Windows store, follow the steps below.

Reset the Windows Store

You can use the steps below to refresh the Store which will clear the cache and refresh your library and permissions.

• Close the Windows Store app if you have it open.
    • Click Start and type wsreset.
    • Right-Click on the command and click Run as Administrator. If the Windows permission box appears, click Yes or Run.
    • A black MS DOS screen will appear for a few seconds. Wait for it to disappear and the Store will automatically open.
    • Attempt to install Sea of Thieves

If you have further questions, feel free to reply to this thread.

Kind regards,

Leon

4. Gino Des Win User

can't download games from store

Hi Krishna,

You might be experiencing this issue because of a connectivity issue or the Microsoft Store cache is corrupted. In order to diagnose the problem, we suggest that you try the following methods:

Method 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps. This troubleshooter fixes problems that may prevent apps and games from downloading and installing correctly. To run the troubleshooter, kindly refer to the following article:

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Method 2: Manually reset the Windows Store app cache then try to download games again. To manually reset, follow the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • On the search bar, type Command Prompt, and right-click Command Prompt
      from the results.
    • Click Run as administrator.
    • Type wsreset, and press Enter.

We also recommend that you download and install any pending updates that need to be installed on the computer through

Windows Update
    and check if it helps resolve the issue.

If the issue persists, kindly send us a reply with the following information so we can further pinpoint the cause of this issue:

• Do you only experience this issue when downloading a specific game from Microsoft Store? If yes, what is the name of the specific game you are trying to download?
    • Have you tried downloading the game by accessing
      Microsoft Store using your web browser
      ?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Let us know how it goes so we can assist you further.

Thema:

1. Can't download games that need Admin approval on ms store. - Similar Threads - Can't download games

2. Game Downloaded from MS Store, Uninstalled, But Retains My Game Data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game Downloaded from MS Store, Uninstalled, But Retains My Game Data: I have downloaded GameLoft's Asphalt 9 from the Microsoft Store some time back. I uninstalled it for a couple months, and I want to reinstall it now, but I want to start over completely with no saved data. When I go back in to the Microsoft Store and go to my Library, it...
  3. Microsoft store game downloads

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store game downloads: I can't seem to get any game to download from Microsoft store and even my Microsoft Solitaire Collection, which was already installed will not run correctly or not even load. Get no message, just when I try clicking on download, nothing happens at all. Help please as this is...
  4. Why can't I download this game from the windows store?

Why can't I download this game from the windows store?: I've tried downloading The Long Dark at least 5 times now after trying wsreset, running the troubleshooter, restarting my PC, deleting the app and trying a reinstall, and more, but nothing seems to work. It downloads past the actual size of the game, but there is no movement...
  5. Microsoft store game download

Microsoft store game download: Do anybody have the same problem??, i have a problem with download in microsoft store.. i download sea of thieves last night on my pc, and i saw it will take 47 gb storage, but when i wake up this morning, i see that my download is already 87.65 gb out of 87.65gb .. how can i...
  6. Game Downloaded From MS Store Has A Black Icon. Any Fix?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Downloaded From MS Store Has A Black Icon. Any Fix?: So I got the game "Super Dugeon Bros" for free when their was a giveaway some time ago in the MS Store. I have recently installed it but it has a black icon when viewed on the start menu. In the Xbox app it shows a blue icon. I've tried to reset the app as well a...
  7. can't download games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't download games: i had a nice computer, running windows 7, but it's stopped working. so i'm using a laptop, Acer aspire, that was given to me and it runs windows 10, sop i'm learning. i had a stroke last month so everything is hard. i just wanted to sit here and play some of the old games, ms...
  8. Need some Good Free Games from MS Store :D Need advice..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need some Good Free Games from MS Store :D Need advice..: Do you guys know some Good, Free-to-Play, Multiplayer (included) Action, FPS, Adventure Games.. From the MS Store and Virus-free, + Good community when i need Help or Advice​ *Biggrin Any recommendations are Welcome! I've run most games on Intel HD Graphics 2500...
  9. Admin approval

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Admin approval: Hi gang, need a little help ! I just did a recovery on this computer & everytime i go to download anything it ask me for admin approval, i want to turn this off !! Any help appreciated ! Thanks Chuck 85906
  10. Can't download/install MS News from the Microsoft App Store.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't download/install MS News from the Microsoft App Store.: Hello, Title says it all really... Downloaded & Installed 1709 recently (took hooooours...) and realised some time later browsing MSN News that any subject which has a video will not play - it just shows a white screen. Ran DISM and SFC to no avail. This of course may...