Windows 10: Can’t download games through Microsoft store on PC

Discus and support Can’t download games through Microsoft store on PC in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I’ve started having an issue now where I cant download any games through the store. Been trying to download Forza Horizon 4 which i have downloaded... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Frasertys, Feb 1, 2019.

1. Frasertys Win User

Can’t download games through Microsoft store on PC

I’ve started having an issue now where I cant download any games through the store. Been trying to download Forza Horizon 4 which i have downloaded previously and had no problems.

The download starts, you can see the download speed start and then it drops right down and comes up with error everytime. If I try to restart the download it does the exact samething. I have tried a windows reset, tried clearing the cache and a few others and nothing has worked. Tested it on FFXV and does the exact samething, but all apps download fine. Just the games are having an issue.

Not sure what else to do, been trying for just over 2 days now with no luck.

Appreciate any help

:)

Frasertys, Feb 1, 2019

2. microsoft Solitaire games Wont load and can't download any new games from Store

Hi Mosey,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing problem with Microsoft Store Apps and games.

It would be grateful if you can reply to this question in order to assist you further:

• Do you receive any error message or code when you try to play the games or download games from Windows Store?
    • What happen when you try to play the Microsoft Solitaire collection games?
    • Do you face issue only while downloading games or even other apps from Windows Store?

Note: Basic information on Apps

• UAC (User Account Control) must be enabled.
    • To access the Windows Store and to download and run apps, you need an active Internet connection and a screen resolution of at least
      1024 x 768.
    • To snap apps, you need a screen resolution of at least
      1366 x 768.
    • Make sure video card driver is updated.
    • Make sure that Date and Time in your device is correct and up-to date.

Let's try the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: Try clearing the Store Cache:

• Press the Windows key + R keys.
    • In the Run window, type
      WSReset.exe
      and click “Ok”.
    Step 2: Also I would suggest you to run
    Windows Store Troubleshooter and check if it helps:

1. Type Troubleshooter in the
    search bar
    and click on it from the list.

2. Click on view all and select
    Windows Store Apps
    and click next.

3. Follow the onscreen instruction.

Let us know if the above methods helps to fix the Store issue. If the issue persists or you have any other issues with Windows, please do post it in Microsoft Community. We would be happy to assist you.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Feb 1, 2019
  3. Using games from the microsoft store

Based on the results you've obtained, this can be an issue with the Windows Store which affects the digital games you’ve downloaded from it. We suggest manually resetting the Windows Store cache. Here are the steps:

• Press the Windows + R keys to open the Run dialog box.
    • Type WSReset.exe and click OK.
    • The Store and a command prompt will now open with any message. The command prompt will automatically close after the Store's cache has been reset.
    Once done with the reset, kindly click this
    link
    and follow the steps on how to check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store. Search if there are any updates available for the affected game.

Keep us updated with the progress.

Catherine Cus., Feb 1, 2019
  4. Gino Des Win User

can't download games from store

Hi Krishna,

You might be experiencing this issue because of a connectivity issue or the Microsoft Store cache is corrupted. In order to diagnose the problem, we suggest that you try the following methods:

Method 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps. This troubleshooter fixes problems that may prevent apps and games from downloading and installing correctly. To run the troubleshooter, kindly refer to the following article:

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Method 2: Manually reset the Windows Store app cache then try to download games again. To manually reset, follow the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • On the search bar, type Command Prompt, and right-click Command Prompt
      from the results.
    • Click Run as administrator.
    • Type wsreset, and press Enter.

We also recommend that you download and install any pending updates that need to be installed on the computer through

Windows Update
    and check if it helps resolve the issue.

If the issue persists, kindly send us a reply with the following information so we can further pinpoint the cause of this issue:

• Do you only experience this issue when downloading a specific game from Microsoft Store? If yes, what is the name of the specific game you are trying to download?
    • Have you tried downloading the game by accessing
      Microsoft Store using your web browser
      ?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Let us know how it goes so we can assist you further.

Gino Des, Feb 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Can’t download games through Microsoft store on PC - Similar Threads - Can’t download games

2. No apps are downloading or updating through the Microsoft store.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    No apps are downloading or updating through the Microsoft store.: I have been trying to fix this for a while. When I run the troubleshooter it says hanging apps and I've tried a lot of things to fix the hanging apps but the online solutions aren't working....
  3. No apps are downloading or updating through the Microsoft store.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No apps are downloading or updating through the Microsoft store.: I have been trying to fix this for a while. When I run the troubleshooter it says hanging apps and I've tried a lot of things to fix the hanging apps but the online solutions aren't working....
  4. No apps are downloading or updating through the Microsoft store.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. games downloaded through window store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    games downloaded through window store: hello I ran into an issue where a game that I got through the windows store no longer works, as soon as I launch the game it takes me to the windows store and with "gaming services" app which is already installed, installed it again and tried to launch the game and the...
  6. Downloading games from Microsoft Store to PC

Downloading games from Microsoft Store to PC: HOW DO I GET GAMES ON THE PC IN THE MICROSOFT STORE ***Original title: HOW DO I GET GAMES ON THE PC IN THE MICROSOFT STORE*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downloading-games-from-microsoft-store-to-pc/61a1926e-8e93-438c-8d3a-fe41311d16ed"
  7. Unable to download Icloud through the Microsoft Store

Unable to download Icloud through the Microsoft Store: I have 2 devices with Windows 10 registered on my Microsoft account but I'm unable to download Icloud through the Microsoft Store in one of them. Any help will be greatly appreciated....
  8. Microsoft store game downloads

Microsoft store game downloads: I can't seem to get any game to download from Microsoft store and even my Microsoft Solitaire Collection, which was already installed will not run correctly or not even load. Get no message, just when I try clicking on download, nothing happens at all. Help please as this is...
  9. Can't download to HDD through Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't download to HDD through Microsoft Store: Hey guys. Recently I got the Game Pass from the Microsoft Store and I started downloading some games. I have my default apps saved to the D: Data drive (supposedly) so when I downloaded my first game I thought it was saving onto there. Then, I went to download my second...
  10. Microsoft store game download

Microsoft store game download: Do anybody have the same problem??, i have a problem with download in microsoft store.. i download sea of thieves last night on my pc, and i saw it will take 47 gb storage, but when i wake up this morning, i see that my download is already 87.65 gb out of 87.65gb .. how can i...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant download games from microsoft store

2. microsoft store cant install games

3. cant download games in microsoft store

4. cant install game from microsoft store,
  5. cant install games from microsoft store,
  6. cant download from microsoft store,
  7. microsoft store cant download,
  8. how to download games on microsoft store,
  9. microsoft store games pc download,
  10. how to download games through microsoft store,
  11. can download from microsoft store on my pc,