Windows 10: Can't download gaming services

Discus and support Can't download gaming services in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I'm trying to play games on the xbox gaming pass on my pc but cant download gaming services. I have tried but now I have error code 0x8007007E, I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by bastamp, Nov 25, 2021.

1. bastamp Win User

Can't download gaming services

I'm trying to play games on the xbox gaming pass on my pc but cant download gaming services. I have tried but now I have error code 0x8007007E, I have tried going to powershell and putting in what others have said but nothing happens for me. It just says "retry". Anyone know what I did wrong or what i need to do?

:)

bastamp, Nov 25, 2021

2. Downloading games

Hi,

Install game in Compatibility mode

I would suggest you to install the game I compatibility mode and check: Follow these steps:

• Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.

• Right-click on the driver setup file and click on
      ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 10 from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists

Hope it helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist.

Thank you.

Jenith_James, Nov 25, 2021
  3. i just downloaded a game and it will open and shut automatically

Hi john,

For a better clarity on the issue, please answer the below questions;

• Please specify the game you are having issue with?
    • Are you getting any error messages while opening the game?
    • Also, did you download the game from windows Store?
    For workaround, I would suggest you to follow the below steps and see if the issue can be resolved.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search next to start on the desktop.
    • Click on View All on left side and select Windows Store Apps.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions.

Get back to us for further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, Nov 25, 2021
  4. Can't download gaming services

Windows 10 Flashing screen with some downloaded games

Hi David,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on windows 10 and also for providing issue in detail. I understand the inconvenience you faced. I will certainly help you with this.

This issue could have occurred due to corrupt graphics drivers of computer.
    As you have mentioned it is only happen with some of games so I would suggest you to try to uninstall and install game and check.

If it doesn't work then I would suggest you to uninstall and install latest graphics drivers from manufacturer website and check.

If it doesn't work then to stop the screen from flashing I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

Step 1: Open Task Manager. You can do this by hitting ctrl+alt+delete and selecting Task Manager from the list that appears.

Step 2: In the top left corner, hit “File” and select “run new task” from the drop down menu.

Step 3: Type “msconfig” into the box.
    Step 4: A new box will open. In this new box, select the Service tab.
    Step 5: Scroll through the list and search for “problem reports and solutions control panel support” and “windows error report service.”
    Step 6: Disable the two items by clicking the checked box beside them. The check should disappear.

Step 7: Click Apply, then click OK.

Step 8: You may be prompted to restart your computer. This is not necessary, but definitely recommended.

I hope this helps.

Let us know the status of the issue so that we can assist you better.

Thanks.

Preeti Patel, Nov 25, 2021
Thema:

Can't download gaming services

1. Can't download gaming services - Similar Threads - Can't download gaming

2. Can't download game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't download game: I just bought palworld on the microsoft store and when I go to download it, it greys out and freezes. I have tried resetting my store through the settings and powershell with zero change. I tried downloading apps which seemed to work but other games would give me the same...
  3. Can't download game

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't download game: I just bought palworld on the microsoft store and when I go to download it, it greys out and freezes. I have tried resetting my store through the settings and powershell with zero change. I tried downloading apps which seemed to work but other games would give me the same...
  4. Can't download game

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Can't download game

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't download game: So I have been having this issue for a while and even got a Microsoft Agent to take control of my pc to find out the issue and he unfortunately couldn't fix it. The first issue that started this was that I couldn't install Ark survival evolved on my pc and I keep getting an...
  6. Can't download game

Can't download game: So I have been having this issue for a while and even got a Microsoft Agent to take control of my pc to find out the issue and he unfortunately couldn't fix it. The first issue that started this was that I couldn't install Ark survival evolved on my pc and I keep getting an...
  7. Can't download gaming services

Can't download gaming services: I'm trying to play games on the xbox gaming pass on my pc but cant download gaming services. I have tried but now I have error code 0x8007007E, I have tried going to powershell and putting in what others have said but nothing happens for me. It just says "retry". Anyone know...
  8. can't download a game

can't download a game: I can't download Forza Horizon 4 on my computer despite owning it digitally and having previously downloaded it on my PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-download-a-game/dfd2b23b-2de1-48a0-a592-a8f894903d21
  9. Gaming Services stuck on downloading

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Gaming Services stuck on downloading: Hello, Gaming Services is required for some Xbox games. However, I have tried several methods to install it and nothing seems to work. It is currently stuck on downloading... thanks...
  10. can't download games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't download games: i had a nice computer, running windows 7, but it's stopped working. so i'm using a laptop, Acer aspire, that was given to me and it runs windows 10, sop i'm learning. i had a stroke last month so everything is hard. i just wanted to sit here and play some of the old games, ms...