Windows 10: Can't Download/install a game from Microsoft Store

Discus and support Can't Download/install a game from Microsoft Store in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; So everytime I try to download a game using microsoft store is such a pain and the interface is really bad for games. I am trying to download Halo... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by AJFoord, Jan 14, 2020.

1. AJFoord Win User

Can't Download/install a game from Microsoft Store

So everytime I try to download a game using microsoft store is such a pain and the interface is really bad for games.

I am trying to download Halo Reach, but there is some issue all the time. Sometimes I get the error message "something went bad on our end", then when I finally got it to start downloading the download disappears and it seems I have to start all over again, and now I have the message "It looks like you dont have any applicable devices..."

Please just let me install 1 game

:)

AJFoord, Jan 14, 2020

2. Install Microsoft Store Game In Specific Folder

Hi,

I understand that you want to organize your Windows 10 storage location. However, the feature you're looking for is currently not possible. We suggest sending feedback to Microsoft using Feedback Hub app. You can visit this
    article to know more details about it.

Moreover, you could always choose a preferred location from the Store settings, or move installed content to a different drive. In case you have the OS installed on an SSD and have a dedicated drive for games, the feature will make it more convenient to
    download games to a dedicated drive before initiating the download.

You can follow the steps below on how to install Windows Store apps on a separate drive:

1. Open Settings.
    2. Click on System.
    3. Click on Storage.
    4. Under "Save locations," and on "New apps will save to," select the new drive location.

Once you completed the steps, new apps you download from the Windows Store will now install automatically in the new location.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Michelle Vil, Jan 14, 2020
  3. Gino Des Win User
    can't download games from store

Hi Krishna,

You might be experiencing this issue because of a connectivity issue or the Microsoft Store cache is corrupted. In order to diagnose the problem, we suggest that you try the following methods:

Method 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps. This troubleshooter fixes problems that may prevent apps and games from downloading and installing correctly. To run the troubleshooter, kindly refer to the following article:

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Method 2: Manually reset the Windows Store app cache then try to download games again. To manually reset, follow the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • On the search bar, type Command Prompt, and right-click Command Prompt
      from the results.
    • Click Run as administrator.
    • Type wsreset, and press Enter.

We also recommend that you download and install any pending updates that need to be installed on the computer through

Windows Update
    and check if it helps resolve the issue.

If the issue persists, kindly send us a reply with the following information so we can further pinpoint the cause of this issue:

• Do you only experience this issue when downloading a specific game from Microsoft Store? If yes, what is the name of the specific game you are trying to download?
    • Have you tried downloading the game by accessing
      Microsoft Store using your web browser
      ?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Let us know how it goes so we can assist you further.

Gino Des, Jan 14, 2020
  4. Can't Download/install a game from Microsoft Store

Cant download and install app/games in microsoft store

Hi,

Having a corrupted profile is one of the possible reasons why you are getting this error code: 0x803FB005 when trying to install apps/games in Microsoft Store. To help you resolve this concern, we recommend that you perform the troubleshooting steps below:

Step 1: Running the troubleshooter for Windows apps can help removes any conflicts with an app from Microsoft Store. To do this, you may refer to the link below:

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Step 2: Delete Temporary files. This will help delete temporary files that have been stored on your computer.

• Click Start and click Settings.
    • Select System.
    • Select Storage.
    • Select This PC.
    • Click Temporary files.
    • Choose Temporary files.
    • Click Remove files.

Step 3: Reset Store cache.

• Press the Win+R keys to open the Run dialog.
    • Type WSReset.exe, and click/tap on OK.

Note: The WS tool resets the Windows Store without changing account settings or deleting installed apps.
    • The Store and a command prompt will now open without any message. The command prompt will automatically close when the Store cache has been reset.

Let us know the results, so that we can assist you further.

Wilfred Mac, Jan 14, 2020
Thema:

Can't Download/install a game from Microsoft Store

1. Can't Download/install a game from Microsoft Store - Similar Threads - Can't Download install

2. Can't download games on microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't download games on microsoft store: I've recently had my laptop repaired and this issue has never been a problem for me. I've been trying to install Minecraft on the Microsoft store and once I click download, it opens another window saying I need to download 'gaming components', and when I click install for...
  3. Can't download games on microsoft store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't download games on microsoft store: I've recently had my laptop repaired and this issue has never been a problem for me. I've been trying to install Minecraft on the Microsoft store and once I click download, it opens another window saying I need to download 'gaming components', and when I click install for...
  4. Can't install games from microsoft store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't install games from microsoft store: Hi, I've bought gamepasss to play games on my pc, but whenever I try to install anything from the microsoft store it just won't let me, I click the button and nothing happens, the xbox app just won't download, I tried restarting it, running wsreset everything... This is...
  5. Can't download apps/games from microsoft store

Can't download apps/games from microsoft store: Hello! I bought Forza Horizon 4 from Microsoft Store, but when i try downloading it, it won't download. I click the download button and all it does is get greyed out: I've tried signing in and out, troubleshooting, reseting the computer multiple times, WSreset.exe and all...
  6. Can't download games from Microsoft Store.

Can't download games from Microsoft Store.: For the past 4 days I've been trying to download Forza Horizon 4 I brought a key for. It's valid as it was added to my account and avaliable downloads. The only problem is, it wont download. Sometimes with an error message 0x80080005, sometimes it just forever says 'starting...
  7. Can't download Games from Microsoft Store

Can't download Games from Microsoft Store: Title, I tried everything on the troubleshooting page and whatever I found on Google. microsoft is a piece of steaming ****, how the **** can you **** up something so trivial. **** useless trash...
  8. Microsoft Store-Can't download game

Microsoft Store-Can't download game: I can't download state of decay 2 I been trying 4h to download last 1gb of game and crashes starts to happend.When i click on install and select where to install it stuck.When i can download that 14gb of game i have 20 times problem with speed (my was so good) It goes to 150...
  9. Can't install game from the Microsoft Store.

Can't install game from the Microsoft Store.: I was trying to install a game from the store, but it won't let me. The choice is just grayed out. I thought I just didn't have the right apps to install games. So, I went and tried another game. To my surprise, it worked. I have bought the Game Pass, and the game in question...
  10. Can't download game from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't download game from Microsoft Store: Hey Community, I hope to find an answer to my problem here. This morning I bought the game "The Outer Worlds" for PC in the Microsoft Store. As I do have a very small SSD (C:Drive) (which was almost full at the time) I stopped the first attempt of the game to download...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. install game fro microsoft store

2. cant down load games fro microsoft store

3. cant download games microsoft store