Windows 10: Can't download .jar files

Discus and support Can't download .jar files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm trying to download OptiFine and Forge for Minecraft and you download them using .jar files, but when I press download it brings me to a page saying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TOXIFIED__, Jan 23, 2021.

1. Can't download .jar files

I'm trying to download OptiFine and Forge for Minecraft and you download them using .jar files, but when I press download it brings me to a page saying that the server IP for adfoc.us can't be found. I don't know if this is because of the firewall or if it's something else.

PS. I've tried using Firefox, Chrome, and Microsoft Edge.

:)

TOXIFIED__, Jan 23, 2021

2. Java .jar file is not downloaded as a java file.

Have you tried the second solution?

"Open the Settings app. Navigate to the System > Default apps.

Scroll all the way down and select Choose default apps by file type.

Locate the .jar file type and choose a default application.

This method offers limited options and you can only choose applications recognized by Windows 10. Fortunately, there’s another method that you can try. To change file associations, do the following:

Press Windows Key + X to open Win + X menu and choose Control Panel from the list.

When Control Panel opens, select Default Programs.

Click on Associate a file type or protocol with a program.

Locate the .jar file on the list and double-click it.

A list of suggested applications will appear. Click on More apps.

Scroll all the way down and choose Look for another app on this PC.

Locate the javaw.exe file. By default, the application should be located in Program Files folder. Select the application and choose it as a default for .jar files.

Optional: Some users recommend changing the parameters of javaw.exe. To do that, simply locate the file and create its shortcut. Right-click it and navigate to the Properties. Now, locate the Target file and add -jar “%1” % . Be sure to select this newly created
    shortcut in Step 7.

You can also change file association by right clicking the jar file and choosing Open With > Choose another app. After doing that, follow the steps 5 to 8 from the above"

DouglasMillar69, Jan 23, 2021
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    jar files

Fixing .jar file opening on Windows requires two steps:

• Open the Control Panel, and chose "Default Programs - Associate a File type or protocol with a program". Find .jar extension (Executable JAR file) there, and pick Java as default program to open this extension. It will probably be listed as "Java Platform(SE)".
      A faster alternative perhaps is straightforward right-click on a .jar file, and then change associated program by clicking on the "Change..." button.
    • Now open the regedit, and open the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\jarfile\shell\open\command key. Luckilly for us, we may specify parameters there for the (Default) value. This is normally: C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\javaw.exe" -jar "%1" %*

I Hope this Answers your Question!

DaveM121, Jan 23, 2021
  4. Can't download .jar files

.jar files not working

Hi Mohammed,

JAR (Java ARchive) is a package file format used to aggregate many Java class files into one file for distribution and is built on the
    ZIP format. If you are having trouble opening these files, we suggesting reinstalling Java by following these steps:

• Open Settings from the Start menu.
    • Select Apps, click on Java, then select
      Uninstall
    • Download and install Java from this link.

Let us know how it goes.

Adrianne Buc, Jan 23, 2021
Thema:

Can't download .jar files

1. Can't download .jar files - Similar Threads - Can't download jar

2. Can't execute .jar file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't execute .jar file: So right now im trying to open a jar file but ive had no success. Ive seen videos for help but noticed that most computers say "executable jar file" instead of my "jar file". Can someone help with how to change it to executable?...
  3. I Can't Open Jar files

I Can't Open Jar files: Hey, I can't open Jar files or more exactly Optifine files, instead of running the install Optifine launcher it opens Jar files with internet explorer of all thing, I have tried to reset default apps, but I still can't get it to work, I want to be able to open Jar files in...
  4. jar files

jar files: I downloaded a jar file but accidentally connected it to a app so when ever i open it it opens the app. I dont want it to do this and its not letting me fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/jar-files/9c374df5-9af7-46de-99b1-65251c3cc902
  5. I can't open jar files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't open jar files: I wanted to install forge to get mods in minecraft but the jar files won't launch. I tried using cmd, creating a bat file and using jarfix. Nothing worked. All it does is create a new text document which says: JVM info: Oracle Corporation - 1.8.0_271 - 25.271-b09...
  6. I can't open jar files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't open jar files: I wanted to install forge to get mods in minecraft but the jar files won't launch. I tried using cmd, creating a bat file and using jarfix. Nothing worked. All it does is create a new text document which says: JVM info: Oracle Corporation - 1.8.0_271 - 25.271-b09...
  7. jar files

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    jar files: Hi! I have downloaded a jar file before and haven't had this problem so this is new to me. I downloaded the .jar file onto my desktop and when I went to look for it on my desktop, it was not found. I went to quick access and opened up the file location and my desktop...
  8. Can't find Jar files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't find Jar files: Sorry if what I say doesn't make much sense, I'm not that great with software. I'm trying to let a jar file through my firewall. I go to windows security, firewall and network protection, then Allow an app through firewall, finally allow another app. When I do this I choose...
  9. Java .jar file is not downloaded as a java file.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Java .jar file is not downloaded as a java file.: I like playing Minecraft, and I like to play with friends. So I tried to download the sever.jar file and it downloaded a download but, when I wnt to open this file it brought me to internet explorer manage download files page. It asked me if I wanted to save, open, or save...
  10. Java .jar file is not downloaded as a java file.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Java .jar file is not downloaded as a java file.: I like playing Minecraft, and I like to play with friends. So I tried to download the sever.jar file and it downloaded a download but, when I wnt to open this file it brought me to internet explorer manage download files page. It asked me if I wanted to save, open, or save...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Download jar

2. Jar file download for Windows 10

3. Why Cant I Download Jar Files

4. why some browser not download .jar file,
  5. Installed Apps Download.Jar,
  6. jar files not dowloadning,
  7. Why can t I download jar files,
  8. Downloadjar.com,
  9. Download jar file for java,
  10. Jar window download,
  11. Why cant i download jar,