Windows 10: can't download large games onto my external ssd from the xbox app or the microsoft store...

Discus and support can't download large games onto my external ssd from the xbox app or the microsoft store... in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; tried to download crackdown 3 and middle earth shadow of war from the xbox app both gave me the same error message 0x80070015 "the storage you were... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Blue JayMarks, Aug 9, 2020.

1. can't download large games onto my external ssd from the xbox app or the microsoft store...

tried to download crackdown 3 and middle earth shadow of war from the xbox app both gave me the same error message 0x80070015 "the storage you were downloading to has become disconnected" but downloading minecraft works fine the amount of storage left in the SSD is 753 GB it is 100% connected when this error occurs cause if i try to open gears 5 which is installed to the SSD it opens there is already many games that are installed and work fine on the SSD including gears 5 which was downloaded from the xbox app and the external SSD's file system was already formatted to NTFS

:)

Blue JayMarks, Aug 9, 2020
  2. GJMBrooks Win User

microsoft store install on external SSD

Sorry for the repeated messages, but I think I figured it out. It seems like the Microsoft Store doesn't take too kindly to downloading and installing games onto external SSDs (at least the Samsung T5). I did an experiment and installed ReCore onto my flash
    drive and now the game runs. I guess you will have to use an HDD if you want to install games from the Microsoft Store onto an external drive.

Hope this helps!

GJMBrooks, Aug 9, 2020
  3. microsoft app store

How to run apps that are downloaded from Microsoft app store on multiple PCs without downloading multiple times.

Subhash Boipai, Aug 9, 2020
  4. tcman50 Win User

can't download large games onto my external ssd from the xbox app or the microsoft store...

How to find games I've downloaded from Microsoft Store (Windows 10)

If they are xbox app games they are listed and can be launched via the xbox app.

For a list of all your downloaded app games, click the store app, click your account photo on the upper right of your screen and click "my library", all your game downloads will be there, you can then click on a game and then click open to play it.

TC can't download large games onto my external ssd from the xbox app or the microsoft store... :)

tcman50, Aug 9, 2020
Thema:

can't download large games onto my external ssd from the xbox app or the microsoft store...

1. can't download large games onto my external ssd from the xbox app or the microsoft store... - Similar Threads - can't download large

2. 0x80070005 can't download any games from the microsoft store or the xbox app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    0x80070005 can't download any games from the microsoft store or the xbox app.: I've tried downloading from both the Xbox app and Microsoft store. When i try downloading a game It gets to 100% and gives me this error. Please help!...
  3. 0x80070005 can't download any games from the microsoft store or the xbox app.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    0x80070005 can't download any games from the microsoft store or the xbox app.: I've tried downloading from both the Xbox app and Microsoft store. When i try downloading a game It gets to 100% and gives me this error. Please help!...
  4. Cannot download games from Xbox game pass and Microsoft store onto pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot download games from Xbox game pass and Microsoft store onto pc: On my pc, I cannot download games from game pass and Microsoft store. Gaming service is causing this. How do I fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-download-games-from-xbox-game-pass-and/76a7d8c6-0d4c-4c9c-b87d-f2a6505a3a0b
  5. Cannot download games from Xbox game pass and Microsoft store onto pc

Cannot download games from Xbox game pass and Microsoft store onto pc: On my pc, I cannot download games from game pass and Microsoft store. Gaming service is causing this. How do I fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-download-games-from-xbox-game-pass-and/76a7d8c6-0d4c-4c9c-b87d-f2a6505a3a0b
  6. Can't install downloaded game in Xbox app onto my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install downloaded game in Xbox app onto my pc: I was gifted Torchlight III to play on my pc. I downloaded the game to my xbox app but can't install it. A pop up says We'll install this game to a new folder in the selected location. c: Unknown available. The install button is also blacked out and can't be selected. I have...
  7. Can't install downloaded game in Xbox app onto my pc

Can't install downloaded game in Xbox app onto my pc: I was gifted Torchlight III to play on my pc. I downloaded the game to my xbox app but can't install it. A pop up says We'll install this game to a new folder in the selected location. c: Unknown available. The install button is also blacked out and can't be selected. I have...
  8. Can't Install gears 5 from microsoft store onto external SSD

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't Install gears 5 from microsoft store onto external SSD: i have game pass so when i click "install" it asks me to choose which drive to install to and the H drive which is my external SSD does not pop up it is an issue with every game i attempt to install from the windows store...
  9. I can't install games/apps from Microsoft Store/XBOX Game Pass Beta onto my D: drive and it...

I can't install games/apps from Microsoft Store/XBOX Game Pass Beta onto my D: drive and it...: I've been trying for a couple of days to install a game from the Xbox Game Pass Beta app and it won't let me install to any drive other than the windows directory. I don't have a lot of space on my windows drive as it's just a small SSD drive and I'm going to fill it up with...
  10. Can't download apps/games from microsoft store

Can't download apps/games from microsoft store: Hello! I bought Forza Horizon 4 from Microsoft Store, but when i try downloading it, it won't download. I click the download button and all it does is get greyed out: I've tried signing in and out, troubleshooting, reseting the computer multiple times, WSreset.exe and all...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why wont Microsoft store allow external SSD intall?