Windows 10: Can't download Minecraft because no devices, remove device to re-add, but can't re-add

Discus and support Can't download Minecraft because no devices, remove device to re-add, but can't re-add in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My laptop and Xbox One were listed as devices, but it kept saying I didn't have any devices. I bought Minecraft Windows 10 edition and played it fine,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Whypatoots, Nov 23, 2019.

1. Can't download Minecraft because no devices, remove device to re-add, but can't re-add

My laptop and Xbox One were listed as devices, but it kept saying I didn't have any devices. I bought Minecraft Windows 10 edition and played it fine, but had to do a reset on my laptop due to a separate issue. I tried to redownload Minecraft, but it said I didn't have any devices connected, even though I could clearly see that I had two of them. I removed the laptop because I thought maybe it would be fixed if I just re-added it to my devices, but now I can't re-add it. I've logged in and out of my account on my laptop several times, and it's just not working. I just wanna eat my ramen and play some Minecraft, and I'm at my wit's end. I'm usually good at troubleshooting things, but Windows 10 and Microsoft are giving me such a hard time. My last computer was right when 8 came out, so it's been awhile.

:)

Whypatoots, Nov 23, 2019

2. Device Manager Un-Hiding Hidden Devices

When you connect a plug and play device, Windows Plug and Play manager detects it, finds and installs the driver. Device Manager lists the device with a solid icon.

The driver is only removed when you uninstall the device, not simply by disconnecting the device. When the device is disconnected, its driver is still installed. By default, Device Manager only displays connected devices. When you show hidden devices, note the Bluetooth icon you see is semi-transparent (not opaque). That indicates a "non-present" device. Sometimes also called a "ghost" device. The driver is still installed but the device is not currently detected (i.e. not connected).

Device can be disconnected when
    • Device unplugged (e.g. removing a USB device)
    • Turning a device OFF
    • Disabling the device in BIOS (then windows won't detect it) or
    • Device failure

So
    • Check BIOS as suggested
    • Check board connections
    • Can b/t be turned off by a switch? or keyboard combination?
    Also possible the b/t h/w failed

ComputerGeek, Nov 23, 2019
  3. Remove Devices

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while removing the device from your Microsoft account as it keeps popping back after removing.

It could be possible that the device was using OneDrive with the same Microsoft account and that might be the reason you are able to see the device listed under your profile. I would suggest you to remove the device from OneDrive
    and see if that helps.

You can follow the steps to remove the device from OneDrive.

1. Login to
      https://onedrive.live.com
    2. Now on the left hand pane click on PC’s.
    3. Now click on the devices that are listed under PC’s and on the right hand side click on
      Remove PC.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the results of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Nov 23, 2019
  4. zbook Win User

Can't download Minecraft because no devices, remove device to re-add, but can't re-add

BSOD - Inaccessible Boot Device

The reset save files equivalent if successful should be the quickest method to get you backup and running.

The backup files then clean install is the best option as you fix many problems and start fresh.

The command prompt commands are all trial and error.

Code:

Code:

Code:

Code:

Code:

Code:

Code:

zbook, Nov 23, 2019
Thema:

Can't download Minecraft because no devices, remove device to re-add, but can't re-add

1. Can't download Minecraft because no devices, remove device to re-add, but can't re-add - Similar Threads - Can't download Minecraft

2. how to re-add a blue tooth device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to re-add a blue tooth device: how can i re-add a removed blue tooth device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-re-add-a-blue-tooth-device/bce99880-4f10-4a7a-9ed4-bd254188c659
  3. how to re-add a blue tooth device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to re-add a blue tooth device: how can i re-add a removed blue tooth device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-re-add-a-blue-tooth-device/bce99880-4f10-4a7a-9ed4-bd254188c659
  4. how to re-add a blue tooth device

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. How do I re-add a device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I re-add a device: In Windows 11 I removed an input device from the Settings App Bluetooth & Devices > Devices. Now when I plug the device back in it isn't detected. How do I get Windows to recognise the device?...
  6. How do I re-add a device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I re-add a device: In Windows 11 I removed an input device from the Settings App Bluetooth & Devices > Devices. Now when I plug the device back in it isn't detected. How do I get Windows to recognise the device?...
  7. A removed bluetooth device wont readd. A removal & re-add of the offending device normally...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A removed bluetooth device wont readd. A removal & re-add of the offending device normally...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ch0pper189 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ld9jjd/a_removed_bluetooth_device_wont_readd_a_removal/
  8. RE: Adding devices that can't be added.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RE: Adding devices that can't be added.: Chat support told me that in order to stop getting security mails that force me to verify and change my password I need to add ALL my devices. Well, I can't do that, I don't want to do that. Some of my devices are just temporary, really outdated. What if I need to borrow...
  9. Can't add device in Device and Printers or Add bluetooth devices

Can't add device in Device and Printers or Add bluetooth devices: I'm trying to connect some Bluetooth earbuds I have with an adapter I just bought. I know for a fact the adapter works it just doesnt work on my computer. Any time I try clicking on either add device in Device and Printers tab or Add bluetooth device the box opens up for a...
  10. Bluetooth can't find devices to add

Bluetooth can't find devices to add: Hi I have searched extensively for a solution and tried all of them, including those posted by Microsoft on how to address non-functioning bluetooth adapter. I've deleted the Bluetooth adapter from Device Manager and reinstalled. I've tried updating the drivers as well....