Windows 10: cant download photos from ipad

Discus and support cant download photos from ipad in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am trying to download photos from my ipad, when I connect to laptop it is saying there are no photos or videos there??... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by dianesimpson1, Jul 12, 2019.

1. cant download photos from ipad

I am trying to download photos from my ipad, when I connect to laptop it is saying there are no photos or videos there??

:)

dianesimpson1, Jul 12, 2019
  2. DaveM121 Win User

download photos from ipad

There are problems download photos from Apple devices using the default Photos App in Windows 10, Sometimes they are copied over to your PC, sometimes not.

I prefer to manually copy the photos:

Connect your iPad to your PC

On the iPad if you are asked to allow/trust this device, choose Allow/Yes

Then in Windows File Explorer navigate to your iPad Photos folder

Drag your selected photos onto your Pictures library in the PC

DaveM121, Jul 12, 2019
  3. Importing photos from iPad

Hello Alleycat0696

Please follow these methods

Method 1

In order for your PC to recognize the iPhone or iPad in File Explorer, you'll need to install iTunes. Here's how to do it.

Launch your favorite web browser from the Start menu, taskbar, or desktop.

Navigate to www.apple.com/itunes/download.

Launch your favorite web browser. Navigate to the website.

Click Download Now. You might have to scroll down a bit.

Click Save. iTunes will now download.

Click Download Now. Click Save.

Click Run when the download is complete. The iTunes installer will open.

Click Next.

Click Run. Click Next.

Click Install when you're satisfied with the installation parameters.

Click Finish.

Click Install. Click Finish.

Alternatively, you can now download iTunes from the Microsoft Store if you're using Windows 10. Folks using older versions of Windows will need to follow the steps above, but everyone else should grab it from the Store. This also means folks on Windows 10 S
    can install and run iTunes.

method 2

How to transfer iPhone and iPad photos using File Explorer

Using File Explorer to transfer photos from iPhone and iPad won't take long. Install iTunes first, then follow these steps:

Plug your iPhone or iPad into your PC using a suitable USB cable.

Launch Windows Explorer from your desktop, Start menu, or taskbar. You can also use the Windows key + E shortcut on your keyboard.

Click the arrow next to This PC in the menu on the left side of the window. The arrow looks like >.

Click NAME's iPhone or NAME's iPad in the This PC sub-menu.

Click the arrow next to This PC. Click the iPhone or iPad in the sub-menu.

Double-click Internal Storage.

Double-click DCIM.

Double-click Internal Storage. Double-click DCIM.

Double-click a folder. They should all contain images.

Click an image. You can hold the Ctrl key on your keyboard and click to select multiple images. You can also use the Ctrl + A shortcut on your keyboard to select all photos at once.

Double-click a folder. Click an image or multiple images.

Click Copy to — it is located near the top of the window.

Click Choose location… to select a location. You can also click one of the options listed in the dropdown menu.

Click Copy to. Click Choose location.

Click a destination to save the pictures.

Click Copy. Make sure you don't unplug your iPhone or iPad during the process!

Method 3

How to transfer iPhone and iPad photos using the Windows 10 Photos app

If you'd like import all photos from your iPhone or iPad at once, you can use the handy Photos app that comes standard with Windows 10. Here's how to do it.

Plug your iPhone or iPad into your PC using a suitable USB cable.

Launch the Photos app from the Start menu, desktop, or taskbar.

Click Import. It is located in the top-right corner of the window.

Launch the Photos app. Click Import.

Click any photos you'd like to not import; all new photos will be selected for importing by default.

Click Continue. The Photos app will begin the import process. Make sure you don't unplug your iPhone or iPad during the process!

Method 4

How to transfer iPhone or iPad photos using iCloud

Windows 10 has the ability to use iCloud to wirelessly sync your photos as long as you've backed up the photos on your iPhone or iPad to iCloud. Here's how to do it.

Launch your favorite web browser from the Start menu, taskbar, or desktop.

Navigate to www.support.apple.com/en-ca/HT204283.

Click Download. You might have to scroll down a bit to find it.

Click Save.

Click Download. Click Save.

Click Run when the download his finished.

Click I accept the terms….

Click Run. Click I accept the terms.

Click Install.

Click Finish. Your computer will restart and, upon restart, the iCloud window will automatically appear.

Click Install. Click Finish.

Type your Apple ID.

Type your password.

Type your Apple ID. Type your password.

Click Sign In.

Click the Options button next to Photos.

Click Sign In. Click the Options button next to Photos.

Click the box next to My Photo Stream so that a checkmark appears.

Click the box next to Upload new photos from my PC so that the checkmark disappears. You can set these options how you'd like, but this ensures you're just getting the photos off your iPhone or iPad onto your PC.

Click the box next to My Photo Stream so that a checkmark appears. Click the box next to Upload new photos from my PC so that the checkmark disappears.

Click Done.

Click Apply. Any photos in your iCloud will now download to your PC.

I hope it helps

Pedro V Flores, Jul 12, 2019
  4. janvag Win User

cant download photos from ipad

download photos from ipad

how to download photos from ipad using windows 10?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings / PC

janvag, Jul 12, 2019
Thema:

cant download photos from ipad

1. cant download photos from ipad - Similar Threads - cant download photos

2. Cant download photos from sd card

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cant download photos from sd card: Had Widows auto upgrade overnight - appearance of "Photos" changed - tried to download pictures from SD card - got an error message " Please Update your device settings to accept media transfer" - how do I do this ?...
  3. Cant download photos from sd card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant download photos from sd card: Had Widows auto upgrade overnight - appearance of "Photos" changed - tried to download pictures from SD card - got an error message " Please Update your device settings to accept media transfer" - how do I do this ?...
  4. Cant download photos from sd card

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Cant download photos from sd card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Recovering photos imported from iPad

Recovering photos imported from iPad: I was uploading photos from my iPad and didn't realize that deleting them on my laptop would delete them from the iPad as well. I recovered them in the recycle bin but can't locate them in any files. They aren't on the iPad anymore either. Where can I find them? They aren't...
  7. Recovering photos imported from iPad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovering photos imported from iPad: I was uploading photos from my iPad and didn't realize that deleting them on my laptop would delete them from the iPad as well. I recovered them in the recycle bin but can't locate them in any files. They aren't on the iPad anymore either. Where can I find them? They aren't...
  8. open email photos sent from ipod or ipad

open email photos sent from ipod or ipad: any ideas why emailed photos won't open up in my Hotmail. They do open in others Hotmail accounts. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/open-email-photos-sent-from-ipod-or-ipad/ece14017-cddb-4946-9e74-6f11cd752005
  9. Importing photos from iPad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Importing photos from iPad: Hi all, I need some help importing my photos from my iPad as my storage was full. When I plugged the device (with USB cable) into my PC it came up with some options about importing and I clicked OneDrive. I then allowed importing on my iPad and nothing happened. Also in...
  10. photos from ipad to pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    photos from ipad to pc: trying to move some photos from my ipad to pc, altho my ipad recognized on devices etc, when in itumes says cannot find any photos, I just updated my itunes on the pc & tried another usb cord with hopes it would work but no luck. I do not use icloud for photos, I just want...