Windows 10: Cant download specific game on Store

Discus and support Cant download specific game on Store in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Ive been trying to download "minecraft for windows" and it wont let me do it. It just says "Error" Ive tried looking things up to fix this issue but i... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by xnomrcyx, Mar 27, 2022.

1. xnomrcyx Win User

Cant download specific game on Store

Ive been trying to download "minecraft for windows" and it wont let me do it. It just says "Error" Ive tried looking things up to fix this issue but i cant figure it out. I tried multiple methods and nothings helped. I can download other games, just not Minecraft for Windows.

:)

xnomrcyx, Mar 27, 2022
  2. Gino Des Win User

can't download games from store

Hi Krishna,

You might be experiencing this issue because of a connectivity issue or the Microsoft Store cache is corrupted. In order to diagnose the problem, we suggest that you try the following methods:

Method 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps. This troubleshooter fixes problems that may prevent apps and games from downloading and installing correctly. To run the troubleshooter, kindly refer to the following article:

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Method 2: Manually reset the Windows Store app cache then try to download games again. To manually reset, follow the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • On the search bar, type Command Prompt, and right-click Command Prompt
      from the results.
    • Click Run as administrator.
    • Type wsreset, and press Enter.

We also recommend that you download and install any pending updates that need to be installed on the computer through

Windows Update
    and check if it helps resolve the issue.

If the issue persists, kindly send us a reply with the following information so we can further pinpoint the cause of this issue:

• Do you only experience this issue when downloading a specific game from Microsoft Store? If yes, what is the name of the specific game you are trying to download?
    • Have you tried downloading the game by accessing
      Microsoft Store using your web browser
      ?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Let us know how it goes so we can assist you further.

Gino Des, Mar 27, 2022
  3. Install Microsoft Store Game In Specific Folder

Hi,

I understand that you want to organize your Windows 10 storage location. However, the feature you're looking for is currently not possible. We suggest sending feedback to Microsoft using Feedback Hub app. You can visit this
    article to know more details about it.

Moreover, you could always choose a preferred location from the Store settings, or move installed content to a different drive. In case you have the OS installed on an SSD and have a dedicated drive for games, the feature will make it more convenient to
    download games to a dedicated drive before initiating the download.

You can follow the steps below on how to install Windows Store apps on a separate drive:

1. Open Settings.
    2. Click on System.
    3. Click on Storage.
    4. Under "Save locations," and on "New apps will save to," select the new drive location.

Once you completed the steps, new apps you download from the Windows Store will now install automatically in the new location.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Michelle Vil, Mar 27, 2022
  4. Cant download specific game on Store

not able to download games from store

Hi,

There are several possible reasons as to why you're encountering issues with downloading games from the Windows Store. Here's a list of the common factors:

• Your account may be restricted from downloading games that are inappropriate for your age.
    • Games you're trying to download are not available in your current region.
    • Corrupted app data
    • An outdated Windows 10 OS

For us to determine the root cause of this issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • Are you using an adult or a child account?
    • Is the Microsoft account you're using in the Windows Store app the same as your Windows 10 user account?
    • Are you using an administrator user account?

In the meantime, we suggest running the Windows apps troubleshooter provided on this

link
    . This can help resolve issues with downloading and installing games from the Windows Store.

Catherine Cus., Mar 27, 2022
Thema:

Cant download specific game on Store

1. Cant download specific game on Store - Similar Threads - Cant download specific

2. cant download game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant download game: im trying to download football manager 23 on steam im on windows 10 , the game supports windows 7 and up but when i go on steam it says its supported on windows and apple only when i have windows already...
  3. Games downloaded from microsoft store won't launch, specifically the ones with the "Gaming...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games downloaded from microsoft store won't launch, specifically the ones with the "Gaming...: So I got a new laptop and when I downloaded games from microsoft store they just did not launch, I first downloaded Hollow Knight and it did'nt launch, I thought it was just a bug and I started downloading minecraft dungeons, but that issue also happened for dungeons as well,...
  4. Games downloaded from microsoft store won't launch, specifically the ones with the "Gaming...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Games downloaded from microsoft store won't launch, specifically the ones with the "Gaming...: So I got a new laptop and when I downloaded games from microsoft store they just did not launch, I first downloaded Hollow Knight and it did'nt launch, I thought it was just a bug and I started downloading minecraft dungeons, but that issue also happened for dungeons as well,...
  5. Cant download specific game on Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant download specific game on Store: Ive been trying to download "minecraft for windows" and it wont let me do it. It just says "Error" Ive tried looking things up to fix this issue but i cant figure it out. I tried multiple methods and nothings helped. I can download other games, just not Minecraft for Windows....
  6. Cant download specific game on Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant download specific game on Store: Ive been trying to download "minecraft for windows" and it wont let me do it. It just says "Error" Ive tried looking things up to fix this issue but i cant figure it out. I tried multiple methods and nothings helped. I can download other games, just not Minecraft for Windows....
  7. Cant install specific game on Microsoft store?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant install specific game on Microsoft store?: Cant install No Mans Sky from game pass, just gets stuck at 111mb and stops downloading.. literally done everything from resetting the store app to resetting cache to running trouble shooters.....
  8. cant download game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant download game: I purchased Pub G and it wont download on my windows 10 laptop its sitting there but I cant push install Help ! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-download-game/ead62c32-d353-4f6a-af9f-618afc337202
  9. *PLEASE HELP* Cant download store games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    *PLEASE HELP* Cant download store games: Im trying to download my gamepass games on another computer but its telling me to update my PC to install the game. I checked and it tells me that my PC is up to date but the store still shows the "Update your PC to play this game" and when I click it, it brings me to aka.ms...
  10. Cant download games from microsoft store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cant download games from microsoft store: If I try to download a game, I get the massage "there are no applicable devices linked to your micorsoft account" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-download-games-from-microsoft-store/23bf9ead-a3e8-4e61-b5bc-927341630a78"