Windows 10: Can't download Speech package

Discus and support Can't download Speech package in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So today, I wanted to use Cortana for the first time. After a lot of work, I need to install the Speech package. But, when clicking download, nothing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by WindowsXPIsBetter, Sep 14, 2019.

1. Can't download Speech package

So today, I wanted to use Cortana for the first time. After a lot of work, I need to install the Speech package. But, when clicking download, nothing happens. It's a pointless button. What can I do?

:)

WindowsXPIsBetter, Sep 14, 2019

2. addition of speech package

Hi Rigil,

To better assist you with the issue you're having with adding a speech package, we'd like to know if your Wi-Fi network connection is set to metered. If so, we suggest that you turn it off with the steps below:

• Click Start, then Settings.
    • Select Network & Internet.
    • Go to Wi-Fi, then click Manage known networks.
    • Select the Wi-Fi network, then click Properties.
    • Turn off Set as metered connection.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Sep 14, 2019
  3. Cannot download English (Canada) speech package in Windows 10

A fix was released as part of KB3081424, Cumulative Update for Windows 10: August 5, 2015, for a problem Cortana was experiencing when installing language packs. Please make sure you've installed the latest Windows Updates before trying these steps.

1. Press Windows + I keys on the keyboard to open settings menu
    2. Click on Time and language and select region and language.
    3. Under Language option, check which language is Set as default.
    4. If you find different language, you can change it by clicking on Add a language option.
    5. Select your preferred language (English Canada) and click on Set as default under English UK language.
    6. Now, click on English Canada and click on Options.
    7. Download the language, handwriting and speech packs.
    8. Now, click on Speech from the Time and language settings menu.
    9. Check if you are able to select the speech settings to English Canada.
    10. After performing above steps, check if you are able to use Cortana.

user534395, Sep 14, 2019
  4. Can't download Speech package

Cannot download English (Canada) speech package in Windows 10

I have been trying to get Cortana to work in Windows 10 for quite some time with no success. I tried following Microsoft's instructions:

• Set the region to Canada ✓
    • Set the language to English (Canada) ✓
    • Set the speech to English (Canada) ✕

This is where I have issues. Under the Speech Language dropdown in Time & Language, the only option is English (US). I tried downloading the English (Canada) speech language pack but I cannot find the option in Language Options. I tried finding the speech package online but with no luck.

Does anyone know of a way to fix this? Cortana seems really cool and I would love it if I could try it out. Thanks in advance.

Windows information:

Windows 10 Pro

Version 10.0 (Build 10240)

isaac.mailach, Sep 14, 2019
Thema:

Can't download Speech package

1. Can't download Speech package - Similar Threads - Can't download Speech

2. Package can't install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Package can't install: Hi!I found the Windows 10X VHDX image, and just for fun, I decided to see how some Windows Store applications work with it. I can't install them via the Windows store so I used https://store.rg-adguard.net to download .appx files. Minecraft worked, but every file manager...
  3. Can't download PC Health Check Installation Package

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't download PC Health Check Installation Package: I tried to download the PC Health Check msi package from here. However, directly downloading it using Edge creates a 0KB file; downloading it using Internet Download Manager results in an infinite 0Byte/s waiting. I also tried saving the file to cloud storage, which also...
  4. Language Speech package is not showing up.

in Cortana
    Language Speech package is not showing up.: I wanted to set up speech recognition on my PC to play Phasmophobia, but there's a problem. Everyone say that you have to download speech package, but i cant' becouse there is no download option. I couldn't find any solution on internet. If someone knows what can it be, i...
  5. I can't download speech language English US

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't download speech language English US: Hello, I would like to ask about speech settings. I would like to download speech language English US, but it says "Sorry, we're having trouble getting this feature installed. You can try again later. Error code: 0x80070490" If anyone knows what could help me, please share...
  6. I can't download voice packages

in Cortana
    I can't download voice packages: When I try to download a voice package to be able to use Cortana, it says "The voice package couldn't be installed. Select it to try again.", but when I try again nothing happens. [ATTACH] When I try to add a preferred language with speech recognition, it only downloads it...
  7. updates downloaded packages

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    updates downloaded packages: Our systems do not connect to the internet. For me to patch my systems I must download patches. And then take them to our offline system. To do this I need to verify the hash from the file. Before I manually install it. When I attempt to verify using powershell it only...
  8. cortana has speech packages to load

in Cortana
    cortana has speech packages to load: I keep getting "cortana has speech packages to load" messages when I try to use. cannot find any evidence of anything loading, nor can I find what the hell the message is talking about...
  9. I can't download language package - speech

in Cortana
    I can't download language package - speech: I want to use Cortana, but i have to wait for installing english language package. [ATTACH] In language options -> English -> Options i can't click Download [ATTACH]...
  10. Speech Recognition unable to download

in Cortana
    Speech Recognition unable to download: So I was trying to enable my Cortana so Speech was on downloading, but it suddenly failed. The reason of failing was an error 0x800F0950. Here's a screenshot: And I guess due to this there's another problem, i.e., the language portion is grayed out in the screenshot: and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to fix the voice package couldnt be installed

2. speech pack not installing windows 10

3. some speech packages need installing cortana