Windows 10: Can’t download stuff from the Window store into my d drive

Discus and support Can’t download stuff from the Window store into my d drive in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I can download things just fine onto my d drive but for things from the window store. I have 400gb so storage isn’t the issue. submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SpiderMonkey6l, May 30, 2020.

1. Can’t download stuff from the Window store into my d drive

I can download things just fine onto my d drive but for things from the window store. I have 400gb so storage isn’t the issue.

submitted by /u/SpiderMonkey6l
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SpiderMonkey6l, May 30, 2020

2. D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, May 30, 2020
  3. Naresh_K Win User
    Not enough space on Recovery (DCan’t download stuff from the Window store into my d drive :) drive.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please help me with the following:

1. What is the make and model number of your Computer?

Please note that recovery "D" is a partition on the hard drive which contains the image of the Operating system. You can use it to restore the computer back to factory settings. You should not attempt to store files in it.
    If you have any data saved on the D drive, I would suggest you to move it to an external drive and to free up some space, you can follow the steps provided in the article:
    Free up drive space in Windows 10.

If you are using a HP computer, then you can refer to this article:
    HP and Compaq Desktop PCs - What is the Recovery (DCan’t download stuff from the Window store into my d drive :) Hard Drive?

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking on Yes or No.

Naresh_K, May 30, 2020
  4. Can’t download stuff from the Window store into my d drive

Downloading from Windows App Store to a D: drive

Hi Richard,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are trying to Changing the system storage download location for apps to D: Drive. We will help you.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

To change the value, you'll need to take ownership of "Appx" key using following link:

Take Ownership of a File or Folder.

Take Ownership of a File or Folder

• After taking ownership and assigning full control to your user account, double-click on PackageRoot and change its value to your custom location such as E:\WindowsApps or any other location.
    • That's it. Close Registry Editor and restart your system and now whenever you'll install a new app from Store, it'll be installed in the new location instead of default installation location.
    Important: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For
    added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft
    Knowledge Base:
    (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/
    )

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Sachin Venkatesh, May 30, 2020
Thema:

Can’t download stuff from the Window store into my d drive

1. Can’t download stuff from the Window store into my d drive - Similar Threads - Can’t download stuff

2. Can’t access d drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t access d drive: I try to merge d drive and deleted it and then my dad recovered it but now I can’t access it cause there is a question mark above the symbol pls help I’m trying to put my games into it...
  3. Can’t access d drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t access d drive: I try to merge d drive and deleted it and then my dad recovered it but now I can’t access it cause there is a question mark above the symbol pls help I’m trying to put my games into it...
  4. Windows Store STILL downloading stuff to my C drive after I told it not to

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Store STILL downloading stuff to my C drive after I told it not to: I'm trying to download Forza Horizon 4, and despite setting its install location to my D drive, and changing the "new apps will save to:" setting to D:\, it's still downloading a small amount of shit to my C drive. Is there any way I can get it to download absolutely NOTHING...
  5. Download on D drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Download on D drive: I am trying to download epic games launcher on my D drive but I keep getting the error "there is a problem with this windows installer package. A program required for this install to complete could not be run." However, if I download epic games launcher in the C drive program...
  6. Microsoft store no downloading games on my d drive

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store no downloading games on my d drive: when i try downloading sea of thieves on my D drive i click install but it doesn't do anything and there is enough space but when i change it to my c and e drive it works but my c doesn't have enough space but it still works and i had this issue with ark survival evolved as...
  7. I Can’t Find My D Drive

I Can’t Find My D Drive: So i was using my computer and it running fine, then it gave me that huge frowny face and the screen said it ws scanning for problems and would restart automatically. When it started back up and i logged in, most of my shorcuts were inaccesible and i wasnt able to access my D...
  8. How to move stuff from OS C: drive to D D: drive safely.

How to move stuff from OS C: drive to D D: drive safely.: Hello, I am asking how to move some important file library locations music, documents, pictures, perhaps even my desktop files and more to my D drive since my OS drive is almost full. Yes, I don't understand how computers work but i messed up before and wish not to do it...
  9. Downloading to the D drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Downloading to the D drive: I want to have my downloads go to my D drive rather than the C drive since I have more space available on the D drive. How do I change it on my computer? I have Windows 10 Home with an Intel Core i5-9600 CPU @3.70Hz....
  10. Windows Store automatically installs stuff to second drive D and cant prevent it

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Store automatically installs stuff to second drive D and cant prevent it: I wasnt able to find a greater solution to this by googling. The problem is that it seems the apps from Windows Store gets installed to D:\WpSystem\ even though I havent set that location anywhere.. Now my old HDD drive gets filled with stuff that should be on my fast SSD...