Windows 10: Cant download the drivers for my hp printer

Discus and support Cant download the drivers for my hp printer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello I am trying to install my HP 1200 Laserjet printer. But when i try to download the driver from the updated drivers list i get an error message... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Darrell t.Cox, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Cant download the drivers for my hp printer

Hello

I am trying to install my HP 1200 Laserjet printer.

But when i try to download the driver from the updated drivers list i get an error message that stats the driver was not downloaded.

I am doing something wrong? i removed any existence of the printer for my laptop. I cant understand why the driver will not download.

Can someone please help me with this problem?

Thank you in advance.

:)

Darrell t.Cox, Sep 14, 2018

2. Can't get my HP Printer to work on Windows 10

Greg,

I am having the same issues with my HP3600n Color LaserJet not working after upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I have followed your November 8th Post, details below:

Step 1 - Plug printer in by USB, power on printer, watch for animation in System Tray shown while searching for driver.

• There was no animation in the system try after plugging in the USB cable and powering on the printer.

Click on it to monitor driver install. It may ask to go to Windows Update to pull in the driver.

Step 2 - Type Devices and Printers in Start Search box, open location, do you see the printer there?

• Yes. The printer is listed.
    • Set as Default, if it won't print right click to Troubleshoot.
      • The printer responds to a print request but, instead of printing the sent job it prints out a PCL error as follows:
    PCL XL error

Subsystem KERNEL

Error: IllegalTag

Operator: 0x98

Position: 3

Step 4 - Typed "Update" in Start Search box, Check for Updates, install all including Recommended, expediting restart when requested, going back to Check for more until none are offered.

• Received notification "Your device is up to date. Last checked: Today, 2:52 PM (it is now 2:52 PM)

Did the printer driver arrive? No.

Step 5 - Download the basic driver (if no scan) or software (if scanning needed) package for the printer from the HP Support Downloads webpage for your exact make/model. Install the software with the printer USB unplugged, wait for it to prompt to plug
    it in.

Let us know how this works. It may require a few extra steps.

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c03515691

• Downloaded Dot4x64.msi from HP support. Installed the software (with printer USB unplugged), plugged it in when prompted. This driver did not work. I received the same KERNEL error as above.

• Downloaded HP_CLJ3600_64Bit_HB.exe from HP support. Installed the software (with printer USB unplugged), plugged it in when prompted. This driver did not work. I received the same KERNEL error as above.

So, at this point, I have followed all steps with no success. I can "see" the printer in Devices and Printers however, the printer ICON doesn't look like a HP3600n, it is the Windows default printer ICON. Normally when the properly drivers are installed
    the ICON is customized to look like the installed device or printer.

Do you have any other suggestions that I might try?

Thanks!

Dave Williams

David T. Williams, Sep 14, 2018
  3. Zinifax Win User
    HP Printer Driver not Compatible

I have followed may of the threads but I need a simple step process to get this HP 3600n Printer working on Windows10.

1. I have downloaded the driver required from HP Dot4Prt

2. Windows 10 recognises the printer in devices

3. Run install driver and Windows says incompatible

Arghh!

Zinifax, Sep 14, 2018
  4. ArtTrier Win User

Cant download the drivers for my hp printer

HP All In One Printer/Scanner/FAX J6400 series - Can't scan w/Windows 10

I have done everything that you have suggested and Windows 10 still will not allow me to scan. All my HP drivers are current and the HP online help process indicates that my printer is fine and online. Any other suggestions?

ArtTrier, Sep 14, 2018
Thema:

Cant download the drivers for my hp printer

1. Cant download the drivers for my hp printer - Similar Threads - Cant download drivers

2. HP printer driver problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP printer driver problem: Hi guys - I have a tiny HP Deskject 3720. The other day I had to switch my modem off and on again for another reason and I seem to have lost the printer. First it said it was 'offline', now it is saying there is a driver problem and the printer is greyed out from the...
  3. HP Printer Driver Problem

HP Printer Driver Problem: Downloaded the printer driver for HP LaserJet Pro 400 series, M451dn. Attempted to install, restarted, unplugged, restarted again and continue to get the fatal error message unable to install. Works fine on other computers without Windows 10 Pro....
  4. HP Printer driver problem.

HP Printer driver problem.: Lately when I run windows update I see this: A current driver on your PC may be better than the driver we're trying to install. We'll keep trying to install. Then if I say retry I get this: Hewlett-Packard - USB - 2/10/2017 12:00:00 AM - 44.1.2402.1741 Successfully...
  5. HP 990CXI printer driver

HP 990CXI printer driver: I was looking to purchase a new in box HP 990CXI printer. This is an older but very sturdy printer. I was checking to determine if Win 10 has a built-in driver for an HP 990CXI printer. There is none available from HP. Thanks....
  6. downloading driver for HP Envy 5000 printer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    downloading driver for HP Envy 5000 printer: I have tried to down load the driver for a HP Envy 5000 printer and I get a pop up which says virus scan failed. DSOne.exe can someone help please...
  7. HP Printer Driver Download in Microsoft 10

HP Printer Driver Download in Microsoft 10: Hello, I need some help to download an updated HP Printer Driver. I keep getting a Microsoft message stating I need to change my Settings to allow an App from somewhere other than Microsoft. I just cannot figure this out. ??...
  8. Driver for my HP Printer

Driver for my HP Printer: Within the last week (I am writing this question on 14 June 2019). I have reset my HP laptop and re-installed Windows 10. Since then my HP Photosmart D7360 has stopped working and any number of solutions suggested by the HP Support website fail to suggest a suitable driver....
  9. Hp printer driver

Hp printer driver: Why is it that before I updated windows 10 (and paid for the renewal) my printer is no longer able to print? HP Officejet 4580 all in one, anyone have this same problem and if so how did you get it fixed. BTW I prefer not to buy a new printer and am not happy with being...
  10. Problem with HP Printer Driver

Problem with HP Printer Driver: Driver Program opens fine, goto select software wanna install, stops dead there, click on to Continue, nothing happens, even tried another mouse no luck, WIndows 10 Pro 64bit Creators 15063.296, Logitech Mouse, G600 8.92.67 driver for that. Printer is Deskjet F4480 84322