Windows 10: Can't download the feature language

Discus and support Can't download the feature language in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Dear Microsoft, Good evening, My Name is Nanda and i'm from Indonesia. I would like to ask, how to adding other language in the windows. my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NandaKartika, Oct 28, 2019.

1. Can't download the feature language

Dear Microsoft,

Good evening,
    My Name is Nanda and i'm from Indonesia.
    I would like to ask, how to adding other language in the windows.
    my administrator language is US English, so I want to install Japanese language.
    but when I tried to install the language there is some problem to install the feature of the IME.
    I have tried again but the result was the same.

I don't know how to get this problem done. because it's really important to me to install this language.
    here the screenshoot of my problem.

Can't download the feature language 41da2dc2-2859-41cc-82b2-b4dccb9a9e32?upload=true.png

:)

NandaKartika, Oct 28, 2019
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Oct 28, 2019
  3. Ian Sal Win User
    Cortana hangs with Australian language HI T

We would suggest performing these steps:

• Go to Settings > Time & language >
      Language
    • Select + Add Languages to add English (United States).
    • On the main Languages page, long press on English (Australia) and choose Remove. Afterwards, proceed restarting the phone by selecting the
      Restart phone button.
    On the next following steps, reverse back the process we did on the first 3 steps:

• Select + Add Languages to add English (Australia) and proceed with the download prompt.
    • Again on the main Languages page, long press on English (United States) and choose
      Remove, and restart phone.
    • Once the phone has restarted with the correct English (Australia)
      language, go back to Settings > Extras > Hey Cortana, and begin training
      Cortana again.

Let us know how it works.

Regards.

Ian Sal, Oct 28, 2019
  4. Can't download the feature language

Arabic language font problem

Hi,

We understand the inconvenience you are facing and will assist you.

I suggest you to remove the language pack, download the language pack and set it as default and check for status.

To remove the language pack, follow the steps below:

• Click on Start>Settings>Time & Language.
    • In the left pane, click on Region & Language.
    • Select the language and click on Remove.

To add a language pack, follow the steps below:

• Click on Start>Settings>Time & Language.
    • In the left pane, click on Region & Language.
    • Click on Add language.
    • Select the language from the list, download and set as default.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 28, 2019
Thema:

Can't download the feature language

1. Can't download the feature language - Similar Threads - Can't download feature

2. can't install language feature with error 0x80244011

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't install language feature with error 0x80244011: Hi experts. I'm having trouble installing Language Pack features in Windows 11. Please see the attached image, thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-install-language-feature-with-error/1964527b-8ada-49c1-bcf9-39927be24b3a
  3. can't install language feature with error 0x80244011

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't install language feature with error 0x80244011: Hi experts. I'm having trouble installing Language Pack features in Windows 11. Please see the attached image, thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-install-language-feature-with-error/1964527b-8ada-49c1-bcf9-39927be24b3a
  4. Can't download language pack

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't download language pack: The other day I got a notification that "Simplified Chinese IME dictionaries are not ready yet" and I decided to reinstall the language pack. When I start to download basic typing in any language pack and it won't download. There's no error or something, it is just a...
  5. Can't download language pack

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't download language pack: The other day I got a notification that "Simplified Chinese IME dictionaries are not ready yet" and I decided to reinstall the language pack. When I start to download basic typing in any language pack and it won't download. There's no error or something, it is just a...
  6. Unable to download language features

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to download language features: I'm completely unable to download language features, it just says that it's searching for language features, is there a way to manually install these or another possible solution? If anyone is wondering, I'm using a HP Laptop 15-da0xxx 4XU96EA#ABU.[ATTACH]...
  7. Canceling Optional Language Features download

Canceling Optional Language Features download: Hi, I wanted to start typing in Mandarin on my Windows 10 PC, so I installed several different input languages for Chinese. I removed the input languages that I didn't like, but I didn't know that the optional features were still being downloaded, resulting in a pile-up of...
  8. Windows 10 and language features unable to download

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 and language features unable to download: Hi all Fresh install of Enterprise Win10 1803 here and I'm encountering a nuisance with the language pack, I have selected English (United Kingdom) under 'Add language' but it's failing to download 'optical character recognition', 'speech recognition' and 'typing' under...
  9. Language feature keeps failing to download.

Language feature keeps failing to download.: Hello everyone, Today I added another language to my laptop (English GB) and my system started downloading the features for this language. This was all fine, until it tried to download the English (GB) speech recognition. The download keeps failing halfway through and it...
  10. Download Language typing features FAILED

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Download Language typing features FAILED: Hello, just recently reinstalled my laptop.. Now every day in on it, i get several prompts from windows to "download language typing features" When i press the notification, it says something with "we are adding..." i press that and i direct to page "manage optional...