Windows 10: Can't download the movie I purchased for rental.

Discus and support Can't download the movie I purchased for rental. in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I rented a movie from the microsoft store and I can't seem to download it to watch it offline. Only works when there is internet connection. Are movies... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by pac_579, Oct 30, 2018.

1. pac_579 Win User

Can't download the movie I purchased for rental.

I rented a movie from the microsoft store and I can't seem to download it to watch it offline. Only works when there is internet connection. Are movies rented for streaming only?

There is no subtitles in the movie as well.

:)

pac_579, Oct 30, 2018

2. Can't download the movie I purchased for rental.

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to download rented movies offline and check if that helps.

Steps:

1. Select the movie you want to rent and click on
      rent option
    2. Login using Microsoft account.
    3. Once you have signed in, you will have two option
      to stream
      or download movies to this device to watch offline.
    4. Select download movies to this device to watch offline and click on next.
    5. After Choosing the Next option and you will be asked for the payment option.
    6. Once the payment it done, open Movies & TV application to download the movie.

You will be able to watch the movie offline from
    Movies and TV application. When you rent, the viewing period is 14 days from the time of your order or 24-48 hours from the time you start to watch (depending on the content you select), whichever comes first.

If you still facing issues downloading the movies after following the above steps. I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned below, to fix issues with Microsoft store.

Steps:

1. Open store application on your pc.
      2. Click on the ellipses on right top corner of the screen.
      3. Logout and login back.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Nov 9, 2018
  3. SG1024 Win User
    0xc00d11cd (0xc20200e2) Not able to download, retry Win.10 Movie Rental

1. Download Failure from Microsoft Store.

2. Yes, Microsoft Store Rental through Movies & TV App (??), it is the store. Yes, I rented it.

The link you suggested goes to Sales Support, new to me. The most likely option is "Re-download
    product
    ". This option does not apply in this scenario as it allows me to reload past purchases like Visio etc, with no Movie option. My account was correctly charged $0.10 and $0.10 for the rentals listed below.

Again, this is my first time trying to rent a movie online from Microsoft. Did I miss something?

The Error Rental Download is / was an experiment {Mad.Max} }that cost $0.10, money return is not the issue right now.

The Success Rental was Streaming was OK++++++ {Ex Machina} for $0.10

I am more interested in downloading a movie in the future for a rental or purchase than the return of the rental fee of $0.10

Thanks, S

SG1024, Nov 9, 2018
  4. Can't download the movie I purchased for rental.

Expired rentals in Movies & TV App.

This question of how to remove expired movie rentals from Movies & TV Movies list is one of the most foolish things I have ever come across. It seems that the team that came up with this app was not thinking of the average user. example: If I watch a movie
    and it is really bad, why would I want to keep that in my movie listing? If I watch a 10 minute preview of an up coming movie why would I want that preview in my movie listing after the movie it's self has been released? If I liked the preview I would buy
    the movie or if I disliked the preview, I would not purchase that movie. Either way, why would I want that preview in my movie listing? I simply want to delete that movie or preview! How difficult is this to understand?

Mike ec48., Nov 9, 2018
Thema:

Can't download the movie I purchased for rental.

1. Can't download the movie I purchased for rental. - Similar Threads - Can't download movie

2. Double Billed for a Movie Rental

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Double Billed for a Movie Rental: I was billed twice for the same movie rental. I did rent it; I did not rent it twice back to back. How do I get credit for one of those rentals? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/double-billed-for-a-movie-rental/1ae501f1-aa5b-4448-807e-f4412616dba1
  3. Double Billed for a Movie Rental

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Double Billed for a Movie Rental: I was billed twice for the same movie rental. I did rent it; I did not rent it twice back to back. How do I get credit for one of those rentals? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/double-billed-for-a-movie-rental/1ae501f1-aa5b-4448-807e-f4412616dba1
  4. Movies & TV app won't download or stream my purchased movies

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Movies & TV app won't download or stream my purchased movies: When I try to download or stream I get the message "Couldn't download or Couldn't StreamPlease try again. If the problem continues, visit https://support.microsoft.com to check for guidance.0x801901aa" I have tried the following1. Reset app2. Repair app3. Sign out and back...
  5. Movies & TV app won't download or stream my purchased movies

Movies & TV app won't download or stream my purchased movies: When I try to download or stream I get the message "Couldn't download or Couldn't StreamPlease try again. If the problem continues, visit https://support.microsoft.com to check for guidance.0x801901aa" I have tried the following1. Reset app2. Repair app3. Sign out and back...
  6. Film Rental Download from Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Film Rental Download from Microsoft Store: Hi,I just rented,paid,on my surface go a movie in the Microsoft store,but the download doesnt start,on my billing it says paid,the movie is listed,but in my movies & TV folder on my surface it says "download ausstehend",without starting,any idea ?...
  7. Can't Play Purchased Movies

Can't Play Purchased Movies: For some reason this morning I can't play any of my purchased movies on the Films & TV App (Windows 10). I get the message: CAN'T PLAY - Can't perform the requested action because access requires a user name and password - 0x80190191. I have logged in and out several...
  8. Movie I purchased and watched won't download. Purchased..not rented..

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Movie I purchased and watched won't download. Purchased..not rented..: I purchased and watched a movie, A Tuba to Cuba, with the expectation of downloading. Why can't I download it onto my computer? This is frustrating....
  9. Microsoft Store Rental Movie - Download - Expiration Period

Microsoft Store Rental Movie - Download - Expiration Period: I rented a movie from the Microsoft Store. I chose to "not" stream it, but rather download to my Surface Pro 3 at time of rental. It downloaded fine. My question is - Does the 48 hour period to watch the movie start when I downloaded the rental OR when I watch the movie,...
  10. I can't download a game I purchased

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't download a game I purchased: Hey there , a while ago i bought Minecraft win 10 edition and i downloaded it , a week ago i was deleting some apps which i deleted Minecraft with them , when i went to redownload from the store it said trial owned altho i have the full game i bought Thank you...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cantdownload a movie purchased from microsoft store