Windows 10: Can't download things on Microsoft Store or log in to get feedback

Discus and support Can't download things on Microsoft Store or log in to get feedback in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I'm trying to reinstall an app on the Microsoft store but it keeps saying that I'm not connected and giving me this code - 0x800704cf. I've tried... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Precious_RA, Sep 15, 2021.

1. Can't download things on Microsoft Store or log in to get feedback

I'm trying to reinstall an app on the Microsoft store but it keeps saying that I'm not connected and giving me this code - 0x800704cf. I've tried reconnected to a separate network but it still showed the same thing. I've also tried using the wsreset command and switching the windows event log & collector to automatic, then reloading the store. Help?I'm using a windows 10 laptop and I have Windows 10 Update Assistant installed. I checked the app and it said I was on the newest version for windows 10 but then I checked my settings but received the error code 0x80073b01, after attempting to c

:)

Precious_RA, Sep 15, 2021
  2. Amit_Sun Win User

Microsoft store I can`t log in to MS store anymore or send feedback to Microsoft or play any game with MS store log in request

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. May I know, if your system is connected to a domain network?
    2. Which version of Windows is currently installed on your system?

You can try the troubleshooting steps below to further narrow down to the root cause of the issue.

Method 1: Run Windows Store app troubleshooter.

Navigate to Settings > Update and Security > Troubleshoot.

Click and Run Windows Store App troubleshooter.

Follow the onscreen instruction and check if that helps you.

Method 2: Reregister Missing .dll files.

You can use the
    regsvr32
    command to re-register the .dll file, check the article for more information and follow the steps.

Method 3: Install DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer.

If you still face the issue, I suggest you to download and

install DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer
    (Applicable for Windows 10) and check if that helps you.

If you still face the issue, reply to this post with more information.

Regards,

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Sep 15, 2021
  3. A_S00 Win User
    How can I free up space taken up by an incomplete Microsoft Store download?

Found the solution. Steps I used to fix this:

1. Open the C:\Program Files\WindowsApps folder, which is where the Windows Store puts its downloads. The WindowsApps folder isn't permissioned to normal users, so this has to be done using some utility that's being run as administrator (either a command prompt window, or some other file manager like 7zip; h/t ManSamVampire for the 7zip suggestion). DO NOT assign ownership of the WindowsApps folder to your own user account to gain access to it, as doing so will cause major problems and can't be easily undone (h/t Ramhound's answer for this warning).
    2. Sort the subfolders inside WindowsApps by the date they were last modified; this will let you easily find the folders that have recently had new stuff put into them.
    3. In my case, the offending subfolder was called MSIXVC, which is apparently a type of installer used by the Windows Store. Inside, I had an anomalous 37GB file created last night with no file extension, called "8BBF2763-A1C6-4F1B-96CA-B79DD5FDA4EE". Given that this file was enormous, created at the right time, and in a subfolder suggesting it was an installer, I concluded that this was the droid I was looking for.
    4. From within your run-as-administrator utility, delete the offending file. I deleted the ginormous, bafflingly-named file from the MSIXVC folder, and lo and behold I had all my disk space back!

Now redownloading and installing Outer Worlds. This time I'll know better than to turn off my computer partway through.

A_S00, Sep 15, 2021
  4. mb300e Win User

Can't download things on Microsoft Store or log in to get feedback

Cannot Download Anything From Microsoft Store

Hello again, well I followed your suggestion and did the Repair install. Guess what, I still cannot download anything from the store or check for updates.

I also followed up by doing all the things I did in my first post in this thread, religiously following the applicable instructions in the Tenforums tutorials. Grrrrrr...this is getting to be a real bear. *Confused

Peter B.

mb300e, Sep 15, 2021
Thema:

Can't download things on Microsoft Store or log in to get feedback

1. Can't download things on Microsoft Store or log in to get feedback - Similar Threads - Can't download things

2. Can't Log into Microsoft store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't Log into Microsoft store: Trying to currently log into Microsoft store I am met with an error code that says 0x80131904. How do I clear this error and access MS. If not able to do so I will probably buy an apple as ths is a brand new laptop giving me this issue....
  3. Can't Log into Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Log into Microsoft store: Trying to currently log into Microsoft store I am met with an error code that says 0x80131904. How do I clear this error and access MS. If not able to do so I will probably buy an apple as ths is a brand new laptop giving me this issue....
  4. Can't Log into Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't Log In to Microsoft Store

Can't Log In to Microsoft Store: I can't log in to Microsoft Store. When I try to log in, it says, "Something went wrong. Please try again later. 0x800706d9 " and when I try to click Send Feedback, it says, "Something went wrong. We're having trouble signing you in to Feedback Hub. Please check your...
  6. Can't log in at Microsoft Store.

Can't log in at Microsoft Store.: I can log in to my Microsoft Account at the Microsoft site - I just changed the password. But when I go to the Microsoft Store to get original minesweeper game it wants me to log in however it says my account does not exist....
  7. Can't log in to microsoft store

Can't log in to microsoft store: I can't log in to Microsoft store or windows for some reason, it says "this program is blocked by group policy" every time I attempt to log in. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-log-in-to-microsoft-store/b895fa12-e96e-4a2c-b96c-4e2a2e8e7064
  8. Can't log in to Microsoft Store.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't log in to Microsoft Store.: Whenever I try logging into the Microsoft store, the only message I get is "We encountered an error. Please try signing in again later." This issue has been persisting for 2 weeks with no change....
  9. Can't log into Microsoft Store

Can't log into Microsoft Store: I'm unable to log into the Microsoft Store. The error I'm receiving states "You can't sign in here with a personal account. Use your work or school account instead." I've signed into it before and I've even bought games like Forza Horizon 4 and a few others under the same...
  10. Can't log-in to Microsoft Store

Can't log-in to Microsoft Store: I attempted to sign into the MS Store to purchase Forza Horizon 4, but was unable to do so. When I tried, I got the error"We encountered an error. Please try signing in again later". I am not logged in a local account. When I ran the Microsoft Accounts Diagnostic I...