Windows 10: Can't download to HDD through Microsoft Store

Discus and support Can't download to HDD through Microsoft Store in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey guys. Recently I got the Game Pass from the Microsoft Store and I started downloading some games. I have my default apps saved to the D: Data... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LukeyTheSpookey, Jan 4, 2019.

1. Can't download to HDD through Microsoft Store

Hey guys.

Recently I got the Game Pass from the Microsoft Store and I started downloading some games. I have my default apps saved to the D: Data drive (supposedly) so when I downloaded my first game I thought it was saving onto there. Then, I went to download my second game, and it came up with a pop-up saying "From your compatible drives, pick one with atleast 47.2GB", and it only let me pick my C: drive (SSD). So I looked at the first game using Settings, and found that the first game was also saved to my SSD. So I tried moving it to the D: drive to make room in my C: drive, and I was gonna download the second game onto SSD and then move it to D: like the first one, however I encountered an error which wouldn't let me move the game to my HDD (0x80073d0d). Can someone please help me?

Thank you!

:)

LukeyTheSpookey, Jan 4, 2019

2. Microsoft Store free apps

Hello,

Corrupted system files can cause issues when downloading applications from the Microsoft Store. However, for us to provide you the most appropriate assistance, can you provide us the exact error message that you're getting?

As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest that you reset the Microsoft Store cache and try to download applications again. Check out the steps below:

• Press Windows + R keys to open the run command box.

• Type WSReset, then try launching Microsoft Store and sign in.

• Once done, try to download applications.

We'll wait for any updates to assist you further.

Jennifer Bri, Jan 4, 2019
  3. Downloading is Slow from Store.

Hi Mihir,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

From the description, I understand that Windows store downloads slowly.

Step 1:

I suggest you to clear Windows Store cache and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows logo key + R.
    • Type wsreset.exe on Run window and press enter.
    • Check if issue persists.

You may try the following steps and check:

Step 2:

Try to run the sfc scan and check if the Windows store downloads faster:

Run a System File Checker (SFC) scan to check for any file corruption.
    SFC scan will scan for corrupt system files on the computer and repair them.

• Press Windows key + X, click
      Command Prompt (Admin)
    • In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:

sfc /scannow
    Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Divya Murugan, Jan 4, 2019
  4. Can't download to HDD through Microsoft Store

microsoft store games won`t play

when I download a game from the Microsoft store it won`t play

the splash screen appears then goes

I have a core i5 with an nvidivia graphics card I tb hdd and 8 gb ram

I have tried the diagnostic for microsoft store and it say cache may need fixing.

garrywilliams1, Jan 4, 2019
Thema:

Can't download to HDD through Microsoft Store

1. Can't download to HDD through Microsoft Store - Similar Threads - Can't download HDD

2. No apps are downloading or updating through the Microsoft store.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    No apps are downloading or updating through the Microsoft store.: I have been trying to fix this for a while. When I run the troubleshooter it says hanging apps and I've tried a lot of things to fix the hanging apps but the online solutions aren't working....
  3. No apps are downloading or updating through the Microsoft store.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No apps are downloading or updating through the Microsoft store.: I have been trying to fix this for a while. When I run the troubleshooter it says hanging apps and I've tried a lot of things to fix the hanging apps but the online solutions aren't working....
  4. No apps are downloading or updating through the Microsoft store.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I can't download anything through the Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't download anything through the Microsoft Store: I have tried basically everything at this point. I can no longer install anything through the Microsoft Store or the Xbox app, the install button only gives a red "NO" signal when I hover over it, and the Xbox app hangs when I try to install a game. This problem started like...
  6. I can't download anything through the Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't download anything through the Microsoft Store: I have tried basically everything at this point. I can no longer install anything through the Microsoft Store or the Xbox app, the install button only gives a red "NO" signal when I hover over it, and the Xbox app hangs when I try to install a game. This problem started like...
  7. I can't download anything through the Microsoft Store

8. Unable to download Paladins through Microsoft Store

Unable to download Paladins through Microsoft Store: When I went into the app store and tried to download paladins, and it said I owned the game. but it also said that I don't have any devices linked to my Microsoft account. I logged in to my Ipad's Microsoft's account but it still doesn't work. I tried refreshing and it says...
  9. Unable to download Icloud through the Microsoft Store

Unable to download Icloud through the Microsoft Store: I have 2 devices with Windows 10 registered on my Microsoft account but I'm unable to download Icloud through the Microsoft Store in one of them. Any help will be greatly appreciated....
  10. Can't download on Microsoft Store

Can't download on Microsoft Store: Hi, I bought the Xbox Game Pass for PC and whenever i try to install a game it gives me an error sign if i hover over it (Like This) i asked it multiple times to support and they didn't even know what to do ive tried everything on the internet i really don't know what to...