Windows 10: Can’t Download, update or delete files

Discus and support Can’t Download, update or delete files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Just recently out of the blue my computer started randomly having problems like it says at the top that I can’t download, update or delete files. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jacobglander, Feb 11, 2021.

1. Can’t Download, update or delete files

Just recently out of the blue my computer started randomly having problems like it says at the top that I can’t download, update or delete files. I have tried multiple browsers all of them saying something along the lines “Couldn’t download” like it shows hereCan’t Download, update or delete files [​IMG] I have tried disabling my antivirus software but still no luck. I used the network adapter troubleshooter and chose the “all network adapters” option and got this Can’t Download, update or delete files [​IMG]

I tried choosing the “Wi-Fi” option but didn’t get any issues so I don’t know whether or not its the internet since it seems like it would be a internet type of problem but again I have no idea. For updating games though I have tried both steam and battle.net to make sure the problem wasn’t just a certain a app but both had the same problem and here is what is says Can’t Download, update or delete files [​IMG]Lastly for deleting files it pretty much only affects files in file manager but what is weird about it is that any type of file I right click doesn’t have the cut, paste or download option where it would usually be and possible copy button as well but I am not a hundred percent sure. Again I have looked up everything that I could but nothing seems to work and from what I have seen it doesn’t seem like anyone else has had this problem so if anyone has any suggestions it would be really appreciated.

:)

jacobglander, Feb 11, 2021

2. Vista x64 won't download updates?

The last updates on my home desktop are dated 16th June.
    I've powered it on some 3 or 4 times since then, but nothing was downloaded automatically as per settings.

I tried the manual update from the CP but I get an error code 80070002.

I did the troubleshooting suggested (i.e. stop the Windows Update service, delete the temporary update files, restart the Windows Update service, and then try to check for Windows updates again) but I still keep getting the same error code, even after rebooting *Confused Can’t Download, update or delete files :confused:

What gives?

Black Panther, Feb 11, 2021
  3. rezpower Win User
    Deleting downloaded Windows update files...

first step is to go to settings..system..storage..and temp, then delete windows update files.
    after that you can manually delete any remaining folder. I checked mine and after doing the
    first step it is already empty.

rezpower, Feb 11, 2021
  4. Cr00zng Win User

Can’t Download, update or delete files

Deleting downloaded Windows update files...

Thanks rezpower...

Took me a while to follow your steps; mainly because I very seldom use the W10 setting panel.

Anyway, the 9.3GB feature update does not show up:

Can’t Download, update or delete files [​IMG]

The 62MB isn't that much, nor would it remove the updates.

Isn't the process along the line of disable windows update, delete the content of the download folder in the OP and enable Windows update?

Cr00zng, Feb 11, 2021
Thema:

Can’t Download, update or delete files

1. Can’t Download, update or delete files - Similar Threads - Can’t Download update

2. Why can’t I delete my file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can’t I delete my file?: I have a compressed/zipped file that I want to delete. When I try to delete it, the page says I cannot delete it and my access was denied. I look up the way to access that file and try it on my laptop. According to the instructions I used, I was supposed to right-click on the...
  3. Can’t download, update or delete files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can’t download, update or delete files: Just recently out of the blue my computer started randomly having problems like it says at the top that I can’t download, update or delete files. I have tried multiple browsers all of them saying something along the lines “Couldn’t download” like it shows here [IMG] I have...
  4. Can’t Download Windows Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can’t Download Windows Update: My laptop needs the new update. Nothing is really working and everything keeps crashing. When I go to update, it says I’m out of storage but I literally have nothing downloaded or many files at all. I was able to execute a factory reset a while ago, but then an error pops up...
  5. Can’t delete video file

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can’t delete video file: I recorded a stream I was doing in amazing quality and it went for 7 hours and the file is now 456GB apparently and it’s not letting me delete it, can some help? submitted by /u/SpottyYT-SS [link] [comments]...
  6. Can’t delete files from deleted shared drive

Can’t delete files from deleted shared drive: I deleted a shared drive from my old work computer and now I cannot delete a load of folders ‘attached’ to this drive as they can’t access the path. How can I get rid of these folders please? Thank you :-...
  7. I can’t delete a corrupt file on OSC:.

I can’t delete a corrupt file on OSC:.: Whenever i try deleting the folder “SAntivirus”, it asks permision from the administrator. I have tried loads giving it the permission the result is same - “ You reqiure permission from your administrator to make changes to this folder.” I also tried different ways getting...
  8. Deleting downloaded Windows update files...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Deleting downloaded Windows update files...: Windows 10 v. 1909 (18363.900)... One of my system had downloaded the W10 2004 feature update, circled in red, to the folder below: [img] Applying the update had been delayed for a week. To my recollection, the content of the download folder can be deleted, but don't...
  9. Deleting downloaded Windows update files...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Deleting downloaded Windows update files...: Windows 10 v. 1909 (18363.900)... One of my system had downloaded the W10 2004 feature update, circled in red, to the folder below: [img] Applying the update had been delayed for a week. To my recollection, the content of the download folder can be deleted, but don't...
  10. Files in Downloads deleted

Files in Downloads deleted: I created a folder in Downloads and stored important files in it. Yesterday I restored my Laptop and chose to take all my files. But today when I opened the Downloads is wiped off. Can I take them back....