Windows 10: Can't download video from Dropbox

Discus and support Can't download video from Dropbox in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recorded some videos on a Samsung tablet for a university project. I uploaded the videos to Dropbox to free up space on the tablet. I now need to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by andreamatthews1, Feb 27, 2019.

1. Can't download video from Dropbox

I recorded some videos on a Samsung tablet for a university project. I uploaded the videos to Dropbox to free up space on the tablet. I now need to download the videos to edit them. When I try to download them to my laptop I keep getting a message to say that they cannot be downloaded, but no further info. The videos are MP4's. I downloaded codec software. I'm trying to download them to external storage that is plugged in to my laptop because I haven't got loads of storage on the laptop. I have spoken to Dropbox help who said it's not a problem their end, as the videos are working on the Dropbox site.

Any ideas? Thank you for your help!

:)

andreamatthews1, Feb 27, 2019

2. Deleting Dropbox

Hello Donna,

As you are issue is concerned to deleting the Dropbox, we will help you with this issue.

• Do let us know the complete error message/ error code of this issue?
    • Are you referring to Dropbox icon/ application on Windows 10?

If you are referring to Dropbox app on your device, try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: If the Dropbox is preloaded on your desktop:

• Click Start.
    • Click Settings.
    • Click System.
    • Click Apps & features.
    • Select Get Dropbox or Dropbox X GB from the application list, where "X" is the amount of space corresponding to your promotion.
    • Click Uninstall.

Step 2: If the Dropbox is a desktop app follow:

• Press Windows + X, click on Control Panel.
    • Under Programs, select Uninstall a program.
    • Select Dropboxfrom the list of programs, and click Uninstall.

Hope it helps. Provide us additional information if you are still facing the issues with deleting the Dropbox program on your device.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 27, 2019
  3. videos from Sony handycam to Dropbox

Hi Richardkline,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to try the below methods and check if it helps:

Method 1: I would suggest you to run “Hardware and Devices” troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue.

Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Press “Windows key + X”.

• Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Search box and hit enter.

• Select “Hardware and Sound” from the Troubleshooter Window.

• Select “Hardware and Devices” under Devices option.

• Follow the On Screen instructions.

Method 2: Update the video drivers from the device manager and check.

If the issue persists, un-install and re-install latest video drivers from the manufacturer’s website and see if that helps:

Follow these steps:

• Press “Windows Key + X” from the keyboard.

• Type “device Manager” without quotes in the search box and hit enter.

• Right click on the video drivers and select
      “Uninstall”.

• Restart the computer once it is uninstalled.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist.

Thanks and regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Feb 27, 2019
  4. Can't download video from Dropbox

videos from Sony handycam to Dropbox

Hi Richard,

• Is this issue specific to Sony Handycam videos?
    • Are you able to play other videos in your system?
    • Did you try playing these videos in another Computer?
    In order to update the video driver, I suggest you to follow the below steps.

a) Press Windows +X keys on the keyboard.

b) Select Device Manager.

c) Find and double-click on Display Adapter.

d) Below you find driver for Graphics, right-click and
    Update driver software.

e) Follow the onscreen instructions to update the display drivers.

Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Feb 27, 2019
Thema:

Can't download video from Dropbox

1. Can't download video from Dropbox - Similar Threads - Can't download video

2. Downloaded video from One drive or Dropbox is different quality than original

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloaded video from One drive or Dropbox is different quality than original: So when I download a video, it comes out very pixelated and the color is pale Different from original. I cannot find anything related to this on the internet.I have already tried different media players. The problem should be in the downloading process but I cannot figure out...
  3. Downloaded video from One drive or Dropbox is different quality than original

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downloaded video from One drive or Dropbox is different quality than original: So when I download a video, it comes out very pixelated and the color is pale Different from original. I cannot find anything related to this on the internet.I have already tried different media players. The problem should be in the downloading process but I cannot figure out...
  4. Dropbox

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dropbox: Is anyone having trouble loading Dropbox in 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dropbox/a8bdabee-073d-480a-87a9-b8c0a85bd179
  5. DropBox

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DropBox: what is the best way of copying a video cd personal into dropbox?. Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dropbox/06f0a360-b6d5-4701-9e12-cdf5071f6f9a
  6. dropbox

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    dropbox: Need to know how to install dropbox into my old computer. Tried several times it won't allow it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dropbox/2c50b4b0-bcf4-4bd8-8e16-478e41ada1c4
  7. Downloading Wrong Dropbox App

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Downloading Wrong Dropbox App: Does anyone else have the problem of downloading Dropbox for S Mode when all you want to download is Dropbox? My computer is not an S Mode computer ... I've checked several times. When I download Dropbox from the Microsoft Store it is always the S Mode version and that does...
  8. Can't get dropbox nonS-mode

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't get dropbox nonS-mode: I deactivated S-mode on my Lenovo Ideapad, but when I try to download Dropbox it won't give me the non s-mode app. I want the regular app, as the s-mode app cuts out all the features I want from dropbox. Any way to fix this?...
  9. Dropbox

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dropbox: Dropbox will not allow me to share https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dropbox/8d75d65c-8757-4abd-bdf3-5d337734ea2b"
  10. Can't Delete from 'Videos'

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't Delete from 'Videos': Running Win 10 on an SP4. I have a bunch of .mp4 files in my "users\Videos" subdirectory. I cut-and-pasted them to a new location. They are in the new location. They still appear - but with a "generic" (i.e., not "thumbnail") icon. They are not playable ("We can't...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant download from dropbox