Windows 10: Cant download windows download tool on a new flash drive

Discus and support Cant download windows download tool on a new flash drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Every time I try to download windows download tool on to a flashdrive that is empty and recently purchased, it keeps saying that i need to clear up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NCubed9, Nov 28, 2020.

1. NCubed9 Win User

Cant download windows download tool on a new flash drive

Every time I try to download windows download tool on to a flashdrive that is empty and recently purchased, it keeps saying that i need to clear up more space in it even though it has 28gb free. I already changed the file system of it to NTFS but that didn't change anything.

:)

NCubed9, Nov 28, 2020
  2. Mussels Win User

Download Windows 10 TH/RS

use the 'windows 7 USB DVD tool'

Mussels, Nov 28, 2020
  3. R7Bear Win User
    Windows 10 Media Creation Tool 1909 sticks at 80% downloading.

I realized that the disk I have is a pretty old version of windows 10. I downloaded the current Media Creation Tool.

My steps

1. downloaded tool from Download Windows 10
    2. opened the download
    3. accepted the terms of use
    4. Selected "Create installation media"
    5. Selected , English, Windows 10, 64-bit
    6. Selected USB flash drive
    7. Selected formatted 16gb flash drive
    8. Sticks at "Progress 80%" and does not proceed, I have tried 2 times and have waited overnight one of the two attempts.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

R7Bear, Nov 28, 2020
  4. RejZoR Win User

Download Windows 10 TH/RS

Is there a way to create bootable USB drive using Media Creation tool and Windows ISO that was downloaded before using this tool? I don't want to re-download it every single time I want to make a bootable USB.

RejZoR, Nov 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Cant download windows download tool on a new flash drive - Similar Threads - Cant download download

2. Guidelines to download Windows 10 on a Flash Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Guidelines to download Windows 10 on a Flash Drive: I wish to download Windows 10 on a Flash Drive to be attached to a MacBook Air. What are the maximum capacity of flash drive can I use & which format do I to perform to make the external hard drive compatible please?...
  3. Falty snipping tool/ cant download again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Falty snipping tool/ cant download again: I Uninstalled the snipping tool because it stopped working on my surface. Now I've tried to reinstall and it says "error on our end" and I can't find it anywhere in the past apps or anything. When I got to my app store it won't let me download ANY snipping tools. Please help...
  4. Falty snipping tool/ cant download again

in Windows 10 Customization
    Falty snipping tool/ cant download again: I Uninstalled the snipping tool because it stopped working on my surface. Now I've tried to reinstall and it says "error on our end" and I can't find it anywhere in the past apps or anything. When I got to my app store it won't let me download ANY snipping tools. Please help...
  5. Falty snipping tool/ cant download again

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Cant Download Apps On Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant Download Apps On Drive: I kept trying to download a game onto my flash drive but it wants to download on my laptops storage. I made my settings to every new app goes on the flash drive but it still didn't work. So I did all the settings so every new thing I get goes on the flash drive, but it still...
  7. Cant Download Apps On Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant Download Apps On Drive: I kept trying to download a game onto my flash drive but it wants to download on my laptops storage. I made my settings to every new app goes on the flash drive but it still didn't work. So I did all the settings so every new thing I get goes on the flash drive, but it still...
  8. Trying to download windows on a mac to transfer to a flash drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Trying to download windows on a mac to transfer to a flash drive: Looking for some help. My son's Ibuypower computer is having issues and during a chat, with them, they sent me a link to download windows again and a link to a youtube video explaining how to do that. The issue is that the only working computers in the house are Macs. I...
  9. windows download tool

windows download tool: I have downloaded the tool tried running from both c: drive and usb and same result. I select usb option select the drive to download to and wait. it gets to 0% and stops. tried leaving it running overnight 9Hrs and its still at 0%. usb drive is working fine with a 200 gig...
  10. Downloading to USB flash via MSMedia Tool

Downloading to USB flash via MSMedia Tool: I am in the process of downloading with the choice 'for another computer' and using a USB flash. At the last minute I put a label (Win10-1511)on that flash drive which did show up as the drive of choice. The actual download files are landing in the root of C:\ on this...