Windows 10: Can’t Download Windows Update

Discus and support Can’t Download Windows Update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My laptop needs the new update. Nothing is really working and everything keeps crashing. When I go to update, it says I’m out of storage but I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Angel .-., Dec 9, 2020.

1. Angel .-. Win User

Can’t Download Windows Update

My laptop needs the new update. Nothing is really working and everything keeps crashing. When I go to update, it says I’m out of storage but I literally have nothing downloaded or many files at all. I was able to execute a factory reset a while ago, but then an error pops up and my laptop stops resetting. Please help!

:)

Angel .-., Dec 9, 2020

2. Vista x64 won't download updates?

The last updates on my home desktop are dated 16th June.
    I've powered it on some 3 or 4 times since then, but nothing was downloaded automatically as per settings.

I tried the manual update from the CP but I get an error code 80070002.

I did the troubleshooting suggested (i.e. stop the Windows Update service, delete the temporary update files, restart the Windows Update service, and then try to check for Windows updates again) but I still keep getting the same error code, even after rebooting *Confused Can’t Download Windows Update :confused:

What gives?

Black Panther, Dec 9, 2020
  3. m4gicfour Win User
    Windows 10 forced download

^This, then reboot and go to manually update windows. Find KB3035583 in the list of available updates, right-click and "Hide this update" so it doesn't get installed again next go around.

m4gicfour, Dec 9, 2020
  4. Can’t Download Windows Update

Windows 10 forced download

To stop the download, uninstall the KB3035583 update (under "Control Panel > Windows Update > Installed Updates").

To get rid of the C:\$Windows.~BT folder:
    • Right-click on your C: drive.
    • Select "Properties".
    • Click on [ Disk Cleanup ]
    • After the initial scan: If you have a [ Clean up system files ] button, click it and wait for the second scan to finish.
    • Scroll down the list and look for "Temporary Windows installation files" (its size should be in the gigabytes range); check the box.
    • Click on [ OK ] to start the clean-up.

Static~Charge, Dec 9, 2020
Thema:

Can’t Download Windows Update

1. Can’t Download Windows Update - Similar Threads - Can’t Download Update

2. Can’t download windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t download windows 10: I have error message there is a problem running this tool with error code 0x80072F8Fx0x20000 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-download-windows-10/643dc00c-9302-4635-8b76-5827b544f116
  3. Can’t download windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t download windows 10: I have error message there is a problem running this tool with error code 0x80072F8Fx0x20000 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-download-windows-10/643dc00c-9302-4635-8b76-5827b544f116
  4. Can’t download apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can’t download apps: HelloI go into Microsoft Store and choose an app to install. It asks me to open Microsoft Store again and then says “ because you’re accessing sensitive info ……. Etc”. I enter PIN and password, but then it just whirs and doesn’t go any further.If I sign in to the laptop as me...
  5. Can’t download iCloud for Windows

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can’t download iCloud for Windows: Go Daddy just switched all email accounts to Microsoft Exchange. They said they would migrate my current POP 3 email address 4 of them to MS Exchange. It was a disaster. It did not migrate any of my folders and its subfolders in all 4 accounts. Also, they lost all my...
  6. Can’t download, update or delete files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can’t download, update or delete files: Just recently out of the blue my computer started randomly having problems like it says at the top that I can’t download, update or delete files. I have tried multiple browsers all of them saying something along the lines “Couldn’t download” like it shows here [IMG] I have...
  7. Can’t Download, update or delete files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can’t Download, update or delete files: Just recently out of the blue my computer started randomly having problems like it says at the top that I can’t download, update or delete files. I have tried multiple browsers all of them saying something along the lines “Couldn’t download” like it shows here[IMG] I have...
  8. Can’t download minecraft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t download minecraft: So i downloaded minecraft on my pc and when i go to install it a red circle with a cross going threw it comes up and the install button wont work. I tried to get around this by clicking install on devices but the only device that shows is my old computer i had years ago. I...
  9. Can’t download in ie11

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can’t download in ie11: I have a brand new windows 10 desktop. While installing software. I noticed i can download from edge but i cant from ie11. When i try to install from ie11. It pops up with open save or cancel. edge opens just fine. Even i save file from ie11 to desktop. It asks what i want...
  10. Can’t download ark

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t download ark: I am trying to download Ark: survival evolved for pc from my brothers account, I can download other games but when I try ark it just say “Starting download... 6.23 GB” and then it just stops and I have to click install again....