Windows 10: Can't drag and drop into certain programs

Discus and support Can't drag and drop into certain programs in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [IMG] I can't drag any files into FL Studio, and it looks like the programs is 'locked' in some way There's this shield on my program icon, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mra15r, May 1, 2020.

1. /u/mra15r Win User

Can't drag and drop into certain programs

/u/mra15r, May 1, 2020

2. Cant Drag & Drop in Certain Apps.

I cant drag & drop files in certain applications.

• Browsers will no longer let me drag a url into the toolbar or on the desktop.
    • Photoshop, etc. . will no longer let me drag and drop files into other files.

This is driving me insane & taking alot of time. Any help would be great. (I have another machine running everything the same with no problems)

Thanx,

Dave

DenverCityCat, May 1, 2020
  3. Cant Drag & Drop in Certain Apps.

I cant drag & drop files in certain applications.

• Browsers will no longer let me drag a url into the toolbar or on the desktop.
    • Photoshop, etc. . will no longer let me drag and drop files into other files.

This is driving me insane & taking alot of time. Any help would be great. (I have another machine running everything the same with no problems)

Thanx,

Dave

DenverCityCat, May 1, 2020
  4. Can't drag and drop into certain programs

Drag and Drop

Hi Charles,

the steps you suggested didn't work for me but, when pressing the escape key it somehow expanded the drive and by using drag and drop to the single file in the list worked.

In the past I could drag and drop multiple folders onto the drive on the network computer(s). Doing it on individual folders will take far too long and time consuming and is not an option.

Microsoft should be able to identify what is blocking it and issue a fix.

My machine is multi boot so tomorrow I will try with Windows 7.

Many thanks for your help,

Deric

DericStain, May 1, 2020
Thema:

Can't drag and drop into certain programs

1. Can't drag and drop into certain programs - Similar Threads - Can't drag drop

2. Drag & drop onto a program open in the taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drag & drop onto a program open in the taskbar: Hi, Does anyone have any idea why Microsoft removed the ability to drag and drop onto a program on the Taskbar in Win11? for example, a file onto an open email? That's a huge takeaway! Do they have plans to fix the problem?...
  3. Drag and drop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drag and drop: Why i Can't use drag and drop in windows 11?? It is so annoying, i think i have to go back to windows 10.For development work it is really bad for user. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drag-and-drop/85e7b545-2642-4278-b569-418ba70cc539
  4. Drag and drop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drag and drop: Why i Can't use drag and drop in windows 11?? It is so annoying, i think i have to go back to windows 10.For development work it is really bad for user. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drag-and-drop/85e7b545-2642-4278-b569-418ba70cc539
  5. Can't drag and drop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't drag and drop: I have done: sfc /scannow DISM CheckHealth and RestoreHealth commands Restarted Windows Explorer Restarted Desktop Window Manager submitted by /u/TheTank18 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iinj3x/cant_drag_and_drop/
  6. I can't drag and drop files into programs on windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't drag and drop files into programs on windows 10: I make music for a living. I use many different daw's for this. Not too long ago I could drag a sound file from a folder, and drop it into one of my programs. Now when I try to do this I am met with a black circle with a slash through it as soon as I drag the file over the...
  7. Drag and Drop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Drag and Drop: I use drag and drop to transfer data onto my network computers, but since the latest update 1903 (18362.449) drag and drop won't work. I re-imaged back a couple of months and drag and drop works ok so the fault is with the latest update. Please advise. Deric...
  8. Drag and Drop

in Windows 10 Support
    Drag and Drop: When did the ability to drag and drop from the taskbar to the desktop end? 122324
  9. drag and drop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    drag and drop: How do I fix the drag and drop function on windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drag-and-drop/4f64f2ff-0a7d-45c6-9c26-fc131a8fd7b6
  10. How to drag and drop programs to desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    How to drag and drop programs to desktop: I'm liking 10 the more I use it. However there are a few problems Microsoft has to deal with. In 7 it was easy to copy a program to the desktop. In 10 I've tried for a few hours and I can't seem to copy a program to desktop. In fact when I find a program I want to save to...