Windows 10: Can't drag and drop within the Start Menu

Discus and support Can't drag and drop within the Start Menu in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, Windows 10 doesn't seem to allow drag and dropping within the Start Menu... As a result, I can't place anything there which doesn't include a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tbcam88, Aug 1, 2015.

1. tbcam88 Win User

Can't drag and drop within the Start Menu

Hi,

Windows 10 doesn't seem to allow drag and dropping within the Start Menu... As a result, I can't place anything there which doesn't include a "Pin to Start" option upon right click.

I'm also unable to drag/drop onto existing Start Menu items (see attached). Is there a registry hack to correct this that anyone is aware of?

Many thanks.

:)

tbcam88, Aug 1, 2015
  2. Eddie W_ Win User

How to configure apps to startup automatically in Windows 10

The start menu covers the entire screen so I can't drag and drop. Is there another way?

Eddie W_, Aug 1, 2015
  3. Cannot Drag And Drop Icons On Win10 Startup

So I can't drag and drop icons in my Start menu, I've tried restarting but it's been like this for a few days.

ZeHoodedPhantom, Aug 1, 2015
  4. Garridon Win User

Just thought maybe i can get some help on this too by bumping.

I have the exact same issue. The only workaround ive found is click and drag the tile only a little and stop moving until it appears to be getting dragged. then you can move it anywhere. if it doesnt start to drag then go to the task manager and restart windows explorer and it will work.

I wish someone would figure out how to get this to work, im having this problem on my desktop and my laptop.

Garridon, Aug 26, 2015
Thema:

1. Can't drag and drop within the Start Menu - Similar Threads - Can't drag drop

2. Start Menu: We can't drag any documents on to it???

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu: We can't drag any documents on to it???: I just realize something utterly bizarre about Win10. I can't drag any documents or shortcuts to those documents to the Start Menu. I can drag shortcuts to Folders and Programs just fine. Worked like a breeze in Win7 well sort of - what REALLY worked was XP's Start Menu where...
  3. Start Menu: We can't drag any documents on to it???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start Menu: We can't drag any documents on to it???: I just realize something utterly bizarre about Win10. I can't drag any documents or shortcuts to those documents to the Start Menu. I can drag shortcuts to Folders and Programs just fine. Worked like a breeze in Win7 well sort of - what REALLY worked was XP's Start Menu where...
  4. Start Menu: We can't drag any documents on to it???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't Drag or Rearrange Tiles on My Start Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Drag or Rearrange Tiles on My Start Menu: Just finally was able to get my W8.1 upgraded to W10. Now I can't drag or rearrange any of the tiles on my Start Menu. When I click and hold the left mouse button on a tile and attempt to drag the icon, nothing happens, and as soon as I let go of the left mouse button, it...
  6. Can't Drag or Rearrange Tiles on My Start Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Drag or Rearrange Tiles on My Start Menu: Just finally was able to get my W8.1 upgraded to W10. Now I can't drag or rearrange any of the tiles on my Start Menu. When I click and hold the left mouse button on a tile and attempt to drag the icon, nothing happens, and as soon as I let go of the left mouse button, it...
  7. Can't Drag or Rearrange Tiles on My Start Menu

8. Ghosting icon on start menu when dragging and dropping into a group

Ghosting icon on start menu when dragging and dropping into a group: I upgraded windows 10 today. Finally getting around to organizing my start menu because I mostly use the search feature to open my applications. I started to drag icons around and put them in groups when one of the icons seems to be stuck in a drag and drop state. Ghosting...
  9. drag and drop picture files within folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    drag and drop picture files within folders: where are controls for drag and drop picture files within folders? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drag-and-drop-picture-files-within-folders/ae3e96bf-a754-44b5-99d2-67f62c9fbcfa
  10. Can't drag and drop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't drag and drop: I have done: sfc /scannow DISM CheckHealth and RestoreHealth commands Restarted Windows Explorer Restarted Desktop Window Manager submitted by /u/TheTank18 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iinj3x/cant_drag_and_drop/