Windows 10: Can't drag and drop within the Start Menu

Discus and support Can't drag and drop within the Start Menu in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, Windows 10 doesn't seem to allow drag and dropping within the Start Menu... As a result, I can't place anything there which doesn't include a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tbcam88, Aug 1, 2015.

1. tbcam88 Win User

Can't drag and drop within the Start Menu

Hi,

Windows 10 doesn't seem to allow drag and dropping within the Start Menu... As a result, I can't place anything there which doesn't include a "Pin to Start" option upon right click.

I'm also unable to drag/drop onto existing Start Menu items (see attached). Is there a registry hack to correct this that anyone is aware of?

Many thanks.

:)

tbcam88, Aug 1, 2015
  2. Eddie W_ Win User

How to configure apps to startup automatically in Windows 10

The start menu covers the entire screen so I can't drag and drop. Is there another way?

Eddie W_, Aug 1, 2015
  3. Cannot Drag And Drop Icons On Win10 Startup

So I can't drag and drop icons in my Start menu, I've tried restarting but it's been like this for a few days.

ZeHoodedPhantom, Aug 1, 2015
  4. Garridon Win User

Just thought maybe i can get some help on this too by bumping.

I have the exact same issue. The only workaround ive found is click and drag the tile only a little and stop moving until it appears to be getting dragged. then you can move it anywhere. if it doesnt start to drag then go to the task manager and restart windows explorer and it will work.

I wish someone would figure out how to get this to work, im having this problem on my desktop and my laptop.

Garridon, Aug 26, 2015
Thema:

1. Can't drag and drop within the Start Menu - Similar Threads - Can't drag drop

2. Drag and Drop

in Windows 10 Support
    Drag and Drop: When did the ability to drag and drop from the taskbar to the desktop end? 122324
  3. drag and drop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    drag and drop: How do I fix the drag and drop function on windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drag-and-drop/4f64f2ff-0a7d-45c6-9c26-fc131a8fd7b6
  4. Drag and drop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drag and drop: Hi. I have dell inspiron with windows 10. . I used to be able to drag and drop using the left click on the touch pad, but now its not working. I can do shift and use the arrows to mark the text to copy, and then move it copy etc. but in many cases I just need to left click...
  5. Drag and drop attachment

in Windows 10 Support
    Drag and drop attachment: With Win7, I could right click on the taskbar icon, pick up a previous file and drag it into my gmail to attach. Not an option with Win10- any way to do this with a work-around?? thanks Jeff 50882
  6. drag & drop issues

in Windows 10 Support
    drag & drop issues: My system was running well until I started having drag & drop issues ie: o cannot drag messages within Thunderbird or to Explorer or Desktop o cannot re-arrange tabs in Firefox (ok on Chrome and Edge) o cannot drag URL from Firefox or Chrome to Explorer or Desktop (Edge...
  7. Can't drag shortcuts from the start menu to the desktop anymore...

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't drag shortcuts from the start menu to the desktop anymore...: Since recently, I can't drag en drop icons from my start menu to my desktop anymore... When I click the icon and drag it to the desktop, I see it on the desktop, with the overlay that a shortcut will be created there, but when I release the mouse button, the round waiting...
  8. Can't drag and drop files, permissions issue?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't drag and drop files, permissions issue?: Ever since i've updated to Windows 10 i've been having an issue with permissions which im unable to fix. Basically all of my software and files located on a non-system hard drive appear to be restricted in one way or another despite the fact that i've manually set all of...
  9. Drag and drop files

in Windows 10 Support
    Drag and drop files: [img] when dragging files in win 10 the icon is so big that u can not see where u r dragging to. Is there a way to turn this feature off ? IN THE SCREEN CAPTURE WHEN I DRAG A FILE THIS ICON GOES WITH THE DRAGGING FILE AND MAKE IT HARD TO SEE WHERE YOU ARE DROPPING IT....
  10. Start menu folders within folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu folders within folders: Sorry this is kind of hard to explain. On Windows 7 start menu you could have a folder such as EA Games and then sub folders within. For example a folder for tiger woods golf, a folder for say Fifa and so on. It seems on Windows 10 you can only have one folder level. I have...