Windows 10: Can't drag, drop or mark with left mouse key

Discus and support Can't drag, drop or mark with left mouse key in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; This started earlier today. The clicking still works with no issues, but everything that requires holding the left mouse key down has stopped working.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Eomyst, Feb 5, 2020.

1. /u/Eomyst Win User

Can't drag, drop or mark with left mouse key

This started earlier today.

The clicking still works with no issues, but everything that requires holding the left mouse key down has stopped working. I searched online and found many solutions, none of which worked for me. Restart explorer.exe, DISM command, changing EnableLUA in registry settings etc. I suspected it had to do with a windows update, so I restored my computer to a point about a week ago, which didn't solve it either.

I have a temporary fix by switching which mouse key is the primary, but that's not optimal...

Has anyone else had this? If so, please help!

submitted by /u/Eomyst
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Eomyst, Feb 5, 2020

2. Drag and Drop

When using "Drag and Drop":
    • "Alt + left mouse button" to create a Link/Shortcut
    • "Ctrl + left mouse button" to Copy the file
    • "Shift + left mouse button" to Move the file

lehnerus2000, Feb 5, 2020
  3. Drag and Drop

Hi Charles,

the steps you suggested didn't work for me but, when pressing the escape key it somehow expanded the drive and by using drag and drop to the single file in the list worked.

In the past I could drag and drop multiple folders onto the drive on the network computer(s). Doing it on individual folders will take far too long and time consuming and is not an option.

Microsoft should be able to identify what is blocking it and issue a fix.

My machine is multi boot so tomorrow I will try with Windows 7.

Many thanks for your help,

Deric

DericStain, Feb 5, 2020
  4. Can't drag, drop or mark with left mouse key

drag and drop stopped working

Hello MattRessBF, my name is Irisdiel and I am an independent advisor.

Down below I have listed a method that should help with your drag and drop issue.

Method: The solution: Left click a file, keep the left click pressed and then hit the

Escape key

When drag and drop doesn't work, left click a file in Windows Explorer or File Explorer, and keep the left click mouse button pressed. While the left click button is held down, press the Escape key on your keyboard, once. Release the left click mouse button.

If that solution didn't work then another possible issue could be with your mouse driver.

A link that may help you with more information with your mouse driver id down below:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17417/...

Thank you and good luck.

Regards- .

Irisdiel H, Feb 5, 2020
Thema:

Can't drag, drop or mark with left mouse key

1. Can't drag, drop or mark with left mouse key - Similar Threads - Can't drag drop

2. If I left click and drag, the mouse randomly release over a folder dropping the file in the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If I left click and drag, the mouse randomly release over a folder dropping the file in the...: If I left click and drag something, the mouse releases the left button and then presses it again automatically. All within a fraction of a second.So, if I'm dragging a file to the desktop, the file will drag, randomly release over something like a folder dropping the file in...
  3. If I left click and drag, the mouse randomly release over a folder dropping the file in the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    If I left click and drag, the mouse randomly release over a folder dropping the file in the...: If I left click and drag something, the mouse releases the left button and then presses it again automatically. All within a fraction of a second.So, if I'm dragging a file to the desktop, the file will drag, randomly release over something like a folder dropping the file in...
  4. Drag and drop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drag and drop: Why i Can't use drag and drop in windows 11?? It is so annoying, i think i have to go back to windows 10.For development work it is really bad for user. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drag-and-drop/85e7b545-2642-4278-b569-418ba70cc539
  5. Can't drag and drop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't drag and drop: I have done: sfc /scannow DISM CheckHealth and RestoreHealth commands Restarted Windows Explorer Restarted Desktop Window Manager submitted by /u/TheTank18 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iinj3x/cant_drag_and_drop/
  6. mouse drag/drop/selection problem

in Windows 10 Support
    mouse drag/drop/selection problem: hello. I have a logitech M510 and M705 mouses. i primarily use the M705 mouse when I had this problem. I tried the M510 to see if its a mouse problem, Its a very annoying problem. I am having trouble dragging and dropping files. when dragging, it cuts out on me. other...
  7. Drag and Drop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Drag and Drop: I use drag and drop to transfer data onto my network computers, but since the latest update 1903 (18362.449) drag and drop won't work. I re-imaged back a couple of months and drag and drop works ok so the fault is with the latest update. Please advise. Deric...
  8. Left key mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Left key mouse: When I left keyDowm mouse and do something like change width of a Window then When l left keyUp the size of Window keeps changing. The only way I can stop it is to hit left keyDowm again. 135264
  9. Left key mouse

in Windows 10 Support
    Left key mouse: When I left keyDowm mouse and do something like change width of a Window then When l left keyUp the size of Window keeps changing. The only way I can stop it is to hit left keyDowm again. 135264
  10. Drag and Drop

in Windows 10 Support
    Drag and Drop: When did the ability to drag and drop from the taskbar to the desktop end? 122324