Windows 10: Cant drag screen / use keyboard shortcuts to move between displays

Discus and support Cant drag screen / use keyboard shortcuts to move between displays in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I seem to have lost the ability to move windows to other displays using the shortcut keys. Dragging a maximiesed window also isn't possible.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Glenny P, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Glenny P Win User

Cant drag screen / use keyboard shortcuts to move between displays

Hi,

I seem to have lost the ability to move windows to other displays using the shortcut keys.

Dragging a maximiesed window also isn't possible.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

:)

Glenny P, Mar 5, 2019

2. Keyboard shortcut to open the calculator

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I request you to try the below steps:

• Type "Calculator" in start menu.
    • Click on Calculator and drag it to desktop.
    • Right click on it and select Properties.
    • Now go to Shortcut tab and add a shortcut.
    • Click on OK.

You may also refer the following article for keyboard shortcuts:

Keyboard shortcuts

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/keyboard-shortcuts

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Mar 5, 2019
  3. Rose Ter Win User
    How can I drag a screen display onto an adjoining satellite monitor?

Hi Stewart,

In order for us to assist you dragging a screen to your satellite monitor, you can follow these steps:

• Move the cursor off each of the four screen edges to see if one of them works.
    • If it does, position the monitors in the Display > Screen Resolution window
      to match the physical placement of the monitors.
    In the event that the previous steps failed to work, you can try these:

• In the display settings just swap the
      Display1 and Display2 Monitors.
    • Drag the Monitor1 display icon and
      drop it on Monitor2 display icon, this would give you the correct alignment of screens.

Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have further inquiries.

Rose Ter, Mar 5, 2019
  4. Cant drag screen / use keyboard shortcuts to move between displays

HELP - How to Get On-Screen Keyboard to Open on Active Display??

How in the blazes can I get the on-screen keyboard to open on the display I'm actually using??? I have a Wacom Cintiq 22HD display and when I click the shortcut to open the on-screen keyboard, it opens up on a monitor clear across the room.

Some key notes here:

• I need the on-screen keyboard because the Cintiq is too big to use with a keyboard.
    • No, I don't want the Cintiq to be the primary display, so please don't suggest that.
    • I can't even see the other displays while using the Cintiq.

Please please please tell me what I'm missing. Yesterday the on-screen keyboard was opening on the Cintiq display, and today it's not and it's gonna make me crazy.

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings]

raiyneofgailin, Mar 5, 2019
Thema:

Cant drag screen / use keyboard shortcuts to move between displays

1. Cant drag screen / use keyboard shortcuts to move between displays - Similar Threads - Cant drag screen

2. keyboard shortcut to move cursor between 2 monitors?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keyboard shortcut to move cursor between 2 monitors?: Windows 11Is there a keyboard shortcut to move the cursor between 2 monitors? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-shortcut-to-move-cursor-between-2/31c64548-5daa-4601-9b08-9275c1df6876
  3. keyboard shortcut to move cursor between 2 monitors?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    keyboard shortcut to move cursor between 2 monitors?: Windows 11Is there a keyboard shortcut to move the cursor between 2 monitors? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-shortcut-to-move-cursor-between-2/31c64548-5daa-4601-9b08-9275c1df6876
  4. How to drag or move a file using keyboard?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to drag or move a file using keyboard?: How to drag or move a file using keyboard? When using two finger click - it work as right most click but how to select and drag a file from on folder to other?...
  5. Is there a way to move a window between desktops with a keyboard shortcut?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to move a window between desktops with a keyboard shortcut?: Hi, I'm returning to Windows after a year of Linux. One thing that I really miss is the ability to move windows between desktops with a simple keyboard shortcut. Is there a way to do this on windows? AutoHotKey or PowerToys maybe? submitted by /u/AmitGold [link]...
  6. Can't copy between computers by dragging to a desktop shortcut

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't copy between computers by dragging to a desktop shortcut: I have 2 computers, Win10 & WinXP on a network. I can copy files between the computers & can copy to folders within the Documents files (on WinXP, it's called "Data" instead of Documents. I created a folder (called Sync) on my Win10 desktop that has shortcuts to various...
  7. Bug with dragging between screens using Microsoft Intellimouse Classic

in Windows 10 Support
    Bug with dragging between screens using Microsoft Intellimouse Classic: Hey guys, First post - Hope you're all well? :) I'm having issues with my new wired Microsoft Intellimouse Classic 2018 and I hope someone could help please? Whenever I click and drag a window between my 2 x screens, the mouse hits the border between them and comes to an...
  8. How to CHANGE Keyboard shortcut to move a window between two or more screens

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to CHANGE Keyboard shortcut to move a window between two or more screens: We can move the window from one screen to another using Windows Key + Shift + Arrow Key. I was wondering is there a way we can change the shortcut to lets say CTRL + ~ or something else. I hate to take my hand away from the mouse when juggling through various documents. In...
  9. Keyboard shortcut for moving a flipped screen display with no touch screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard shortcut for moving a flipped screen display with no touch screen: ctrl+alt + arrow key, is the simple no- nonsense answer I needed. Please make this info available on Settings as It is nearly impossible to navigate the mousepad when a screen is flipped....
  10. Computer keyboard shortcut. Switching between HDMI and laptop screen.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Computer keyboard shortcut. Switching between HDMI and laptop screen.: Hi folks. I'm looking for a way to switch between HDMI and my laptop screen. Preferably a quick keyboard shortcut. I have my laptop connected to my tv screen always, however, sometimes when i'm gaming on the tv i'll have to disconnect my HDMI to access my laptop screen,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. I have a secondary screen set up and there is a problem with dragging any program screen over to the secondary screen. For some reason when I try to drag it over it will just get stuck on the si

2. drag screen using keyboard