Windows 10: Can't edit the start screen

Discus and support Can't edit the start screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, My Windows 10 start screen is set to a default configuration that I dislike. The problem is that whenever I change the setup, it keeps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LeonardoFalabella, Feb 26, 2019.

1. Can't edit the start screen

Hello,

My Windows 10 start screen is set to a default configuration that I dislike. The problem is that whenever I change the setup, it keeps reverting back to default as soon as I restart the computer. This has started happening after an update from about a month ago. It changed the setup I had before and I can't customize it anymore.

Best,

Leonardo

:)

LeonardoFalabella, Feb 26, 2019
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Feb 26, 2019
  3. How do I get the Windows 8.1 start screen in Windows 10?

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

I would suggest you to try the following steps:

• Click Start icon and click Settings

• Choose Personalization, click on Start

• Turn on “Use start full screen”

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Feb 26, 2019
  4. Can't edit the start screen

I can't seem to be able to edit the tiles on the start menu with Windows 10?

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in response.

• What exactly happens when you try to edit the tiles on the start menu?
    • Aren't you able to organize the tiles?

If you have tried it on the Start Menu style, we would suggest you to check in the full screen style and check.

To do so,

• Right click on an empty space in the desktop screen and select Personalize.
    • Click Start and then move the slider to the right to turn on full screen and then try to edit the tiles and check
    Thank you.

Ravinath P, Feb 26, 2019
Thema:

Can't edit the start screen

1. Can't edit the start screen - Similar Threads - Can't edit start

2. Can't Edit Details

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Edit Details: I opened Proerties > Security in a Windows 11 image file. I am logged on as a User . Usersme_desktop\User has Full Control; at least tick is by Full Control.Go the Details tab and cannot edit any item. Why?Any help please....
  3. Can't Edit Details

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Edit Details: I opened Proerties > Security in a Windows 11 image file. I am logged on as a User . Usersme_desktop\User has Full Control; at least tick is by Full Control.Go the Details tab and cannot edit any item. Why?Any help please....
  4. I can't start editing video in my windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't start editing video in my windows 10: Today i just installed windows 10 on my pc .. After that I want to edit a video with the latest windows.. It can't. I need help... * Moved from education...
  5. Age of Empires: Definitive Edition will not start - black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Age of Empires: Definitive Edition will not start - black screen: I have purchased and downloaded Age of Empires: Definitive Edition, but when it loads a black box with the AoE logo appears in it, which then disappears and nothing further happens. There are no errors or anything, it just doesn't seem to run....
  6. Can't edit start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't edit start menu: When I try to pin something to the start menu, the first item generally works. But when I try to pin a second one, the start menu freezes and after pressing the window key a couple times, it goes back to how it originally was. After pinning the first item, I tried naming...
  7. Editing Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Editing Start Menu: In all versions of Windows in the past, I have been able to edit and arrange program shortcuts and folders on the start menu. In Windows 10, I can open the folders containing the start menu items and make the desired changes, deletes, etc... but the changes are never...
  8. Editing The Start Menu Apps

in Windows 10 Support
    Editing The Start Menu Apps: Just a quick solution here rather than a question! I have a number of small system apps that don't have an install, so normally I would just create folders and menus in the Start Menu Apps folder - C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs But Windows 10...
  9. Can't edit tiles in start menu. Only "more" option appears.

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't edit tiles in start menu. Only "more" option appears.: Hello, I'm new here on the forum looking for some help. I've been searching on google for quite some time and I can't find any answers. My problem is that when I right-click on a tile in the start-menu I only get the "more" option and thus I can not edit or remove the...
  10. Can't pin some items in Start Menu to Start Screen?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't pin some items in Start Menu to Start Screen?: Any of the items under games in this screen shot will not pin to my Start Screen? They will pin to my taskbar though. It's windows 10 Enterprise if that matters. I can right click and select Pin to Start, but nothing happens. Right click again and Pin To Start is still listed...