Windows 10: Can't edit tiles in start menu. Only "more" option appears.

Discus and support Can't edit tiles in start menu. Only "more" option appears. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I'm new here on the forum looking for some help. I've been searching on google for quite some time and I can't find any answers. My problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by maxDr, May 28, 2016.

1. maxDr Win User

Can't edit tiles in start menu. Only "more" option appears.

Hello, I'm new here on the forum looking for some help. I've been searching on google for quite some time and I can't find any answers.

My problem is that when I right-click on a tile in the start-menu I only get the "more" option and thus I can not edit or remove the tile. I can't move them either. Clicking on them still opens whatever app it links to. I only found this problem yesterday, is there a bug in a recent update or what could be the problem?
    Does anyone have any clue what I should do to get it working?

I'm running an activated windows 10 pro version, no insider preview.
    I attached a picture that shows how it looks.

Thankful for any help I can get.

:)

maxDr, May 28, 2016

2. Missing Tiles/Start Button

Can you upload a screenshot so we can see what this 'new' menu looks like? Have you tried right-clicking on any program in the 'new' Start menu and selecting the
    Pin to Start option to see if that creates a tile for it?

RobertJWin, May 28, 2016
  3. Lumia 950 Phone Tile Missing

My "phone" start tile on my Lumia 950 has disappeared. When I go to all apps and press and hold the phone option the "pin to start" menu pops up but is greyed out so I can't select it. How can I get this necessary tile back?

Brandeekae, May 28, 2016
  4. maxDr Win User

Turns out restoring to a system restore point worked. The software that was installed since the restore point was Avast anti virus and malwarebytes. My conclusion is that one of those programs managed to corrupt a file or something.
    However, it works now.

maxDr, May 28, 2016
  5. OldMike65 Win User
    If it was one of those .....I would lean towards Avast, as Malwarebytes never does something like that. *Smile

Good job is fixing this issue yourself too!!!

OldMike65, May 28, 2016
  6. maxDr Win User
    Possibly. I read somewhere that someone had a problem with Kaspersky also creating problems with the start menu.

maxDr, May 28, 2016
  7. OldMike65 Win User
    Some folks on here run just the Windows firewall and Defender ....along with Malwarebytes. Also ...some like the Eset program too.

OldMike65, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't edit tiles in start menu. Only "more" option appears. - Similar Threads - Can't edit tiles

2. Start Menu Tile section New Icons not appearing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Tile section New Icons not appearing: HI All,I need few new web shortcuts in start menu but its not appearing. we copied relevant files under "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\start shortcuts"We have an xml file which will help us to organize the shortcuts like, column and row and category Web...
  3. Editing Start menu tile sizes

in Windows 10 Support
    Editing Start menu tile sizes: Is there a way to change the two square tile sizes offered? Currently, they are 150px and 50px. I would like to reduce the larger to 75px, which would would be a legible solution for laptop displays. 159617
  4. Windows 10 build 1803 Start menu "Show More Tiles" option broken

Windows 10 build 1803 Start menu "Show More Tiles" option broken: In Windows 1709, with "Show More Tiles" enabled the start menu extends to within about an inch of the right side of the screen. A maximum width equal to eight medium sized tiles: [ATTACH] In Windows 1803, with "Show More Tiles" disabled, it displays the same as 1709,...
  5. Manually edit tile icons in Start Menu?

Manually edit tile icons in Start Menu?: Hello, I've been searching for a while but I couldn't find sufficient answers on how to do this. Is there a tutorial to manually make and set tile icons for 3rd party programs that fill up the tiles as a whole just like Store app icons, without using any editing...
  6. How to edit url of live tile on start menu ?

How to edit url of live tile on start menu ?: I pinned tiles to the start menu from Edge, but they don't always work; when I click on them sometimes the url for some inexplicable reason becomes truncated so I get Edge's version of a 404 and I have to type the correct url into the address bar, then pin it again, which...
  7. Can't edit start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't edit start menu: When I try to pin something to the start menu, the first item generally works. But when I try to pin a second one, the start menu freezes and after pressing the window key a couple times, it goes back to how it originally was. After pinning the first item, I tried naming...
  8. Only "pin to start" (as a tile) and not "pin to start menu"?

in Windows 10 Support
    Only "pin to start" (as a tile) and not "pin to start menu"?: Hello! I haven't tried the previews but follow the development through blogs and YouTube. I am running 8.1 on all my PC's and love it. I've become used to the start screen and tiles but was under the impression that the new start menu in 10 would make it possible to pin...
  9. cannot edit tiles in windows Start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    cannot edit tiles in windows Start menu: Hi all, Wired issues popping up now... *Smile I cannot seem to be able to edit the tiles in the start menu. I cannot move, resize and add tiles. I've checked the register for a value that disables edit in Policies Explorer under HKLM and HKCU and I have nothing...
  10. Can't manipulate start menu tiles

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't manipulate start menu tiles: It happened a while back and I've found that I can't find any ways to fix it. When I say tile I also mean shortcut. I dont know the correct term. I cannot add new tiles or move/rearrange the existing tiles or tile groups. The only way I can remove them is by finding the...