Windows 10: cant edit WindowsApps no matter what

Discus and support cant edit WindowsApps no matter what in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; alright so, ive been trying to rename the WindowsApps folder in my sd card D: drive but it wont let me, it says i need permission from "everyone" to do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by KaiMC., Nov 21, 2021.

1. KaiMC. Win User

cant edit WindowsApps no matter what

alright so, ive been trying to rename the WindowsApps folder in my sd card D: drive but it wont let me, it says i need permission from "everyone" to do soso i went into the properties to change the owner but it says "Unable to display current owner."if i try to click change, it says thishow do i fix this!?!??!

:)

KaiMC., Nov 21, 2021

2. WINDOWSAPPS FILE

Hi,

For us to provide you an accurate resolution regarding your WindowsApps folder issue, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any updates made on your computer prior to this concern?
    • Send us a screenshot of your WindowsApps and WindowsAppsOld folders so that we can double check the issue.
    • When did the issue first begin?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to resolve this?

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Nov 21, 2021
  3. S.cloris Win User
    WindowsApps folder says permissions are corrupted and need to be deleted, is this normal or critical?

According to your description, I suggest you try the following steps:

1. Navigate to the location C:\Program Files.
    2. Right-click on the WindowsApps folder, and select Properties.
    3. Turn to Security tab and click on Advanced.
    4. Click on Change and then type Users in Enter the object name to select area.
    5. Click on OK, then click Apply > OK. You can also add the TrustedInstaller to the users list and check if it takes effect.

However, you might be still not able to access the files. The workaround is to go inside the C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\, and repeat the same way with the Microsoft.WindowsStore* folders.

S.cloris, Nov 21, 2021
  4. cant edit WindowsApps no matter what

Copying files into WindowsApps directory

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please note that it is not advised to make any changes in the WindowsApps folder, as it can cause issues while using the pre-installed apps. However, to be on a safer side you can always create a system restore point to restore the PC to the state
    where everything was working fine. Refer the article to
    Create a system restore point

Kindly follow the steps mentioned below to take ownership of WindowsApps folder.

1. Click on the Search Bar on the left hand side of the
      Taskbar.
    2. Now type CMD, right click on it, and select
      Run as Administrator.
    3. Type in the following command: icacls "%ProgramFiles%\WindowsApps" /grant Administrators:F
    4. Once the above command is successfully executed run the following command:
      icacls "%ProgramFiles%\WindowsApps" /grant Administrators:F /t
    5. Type Exit and hit enter.
    6. Restart the PC.

After the restart you should be able to make changes inside the WindowsApps folder.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the results of troubleshooting steps to assist you better.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Nov 21, 2021
Thema:

cant edit WindowsApps no matter what

1. cant edit WindowsApps no matter what - Similar Threads - cant edit WindowsApps

2. AppXManifest.xml cant be recovered no matter what I try

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AppXManifest.xml cant be recovered no matter what I try: I started off by not being able to download game pass games to the right drive due to "We couldn't set your default save location" so I followed many forums. I started off having Microsoft store and being able to download games though not to the right drive, but now I have a...
  3. AppXManifest.xml cant be recovered no matter what I try

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    AppXManifest.xml cant be recovered no matter what I try: I started off by not being able to download game pass games to the right drive due to "We couldn't set your default save location" so I followed many forums. I started off having Microsoft store and being able to download games though not to the right drive, but now I have a...
  4. I cant edit WindowsApp

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I cant edit WindowsApp: i need to edit this folder to play this game which is giving me very low fps and a fps cap ive tried everything i gave myself ownership but i still cant edit. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-edit-windowsapp/d7c2a42e-774b-498a-9a87-12902eabd48f
  5. I cant edit WindowsApp

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant edit WindowsApp: i need to edit this folder to play this game which is giving me very low fps and a fps cap ive tried everything i gave myself ownership but i still cant edit. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-edit-windowsapp/d7c2a42e-774b-498a-9a87-12902eabd48f
  6. I cant edit WindowsApp

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. cant seem to install Microsoft store no matter what

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant seem to install Microsoft store no matter what: its really getting frustrating to the point where i might just flat our buy a new pc. ive gone through powershell, command prompt, my files, did the thing on run, reset my pc twice, and nothin is happening. this occured when i first factory reset my pc because of hardware...
  8. cant seem to install Microsoft store no matter what

cant seem to install Microsoft store no matter what: its really getting frustrating to the point where i might just flat our buy a new pc. ive gone through powershell, command prompt, my files, did the thing on run, reset my pc twice, and nothin is happening. this occured when i first factory reset my pc because of hardware...
  9. cant edit WindowsApps no matter what

cant edit WindowsApps no matter what: alright so, ive been trying to rename the WindowsApps folder in my sd card D: drive but it wont let me, it says i need permission from "everyone" to do soso i went into the properties to change the owner but it says "Unable to display current owner."if i try to click change,...
  10. Editing WindowsApps Contents?

Editing WindowsApps Contents?: So, I recently downloaded World of Tanks Blitz, and I've been looking forward to modding it, however, the files, contained in the WindowsApps folder present a 'access denied' warning whenever I try to edit them (even when trying as an admin). I have heard of a method using...