Windows 10: Can't edit windowsapps, specifically Tetris Effect Connected

Discus and support Can't edit windowsapps, specifically Tetris Effect Connected in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Did update 20H2 make the windowsapps folder even more walled than before? No matter what tips from 2017 I try, I just simply cannot copy or edit any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/paulisaac, Jan 26, 2021.

1. Can't edit windowsapps, specifically Tetris Effect Connected

Did update 20H2 make the windowsapps folder even more walled than before? No matter what tips from 2017 I try, I just simply cannot copy or edit any executables or files within the folder for Tetris Effect Connected

(what I'm trying to do is point "dxcpl" at it so I can try and force it to use DirectX 11 instead of 12, since my video card is one of those that claims it can run 12, but really can't, rendering the game into a 0 FPS slideshow when it could just fall back to DX11 since it's on the recommended specs sheet)

Nope, can't touch it on 10, can't even get in the folder on 7.

Why is this literally impossible? I only installed 10 because TEC is only available on the Microsoft Store until Summer 2021

submitted by /u/paulisaac
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/paulisaac, Jan 26, 2021
  2. S.cloris Win User

WindowsApps folder says permissions are corrupted and need to be deleted, is this normal or critical?

According to your description, I suggest you try the following steps:

1. Navigate to the location C:\Program Files.
    2. Right-click on the WindowsApps folder, and select Properties.
    3. Turn to Security tab and click on Advanced.
    4. Click on Change and then type Users in Enter the object name to select area.
    5. Click on OK, then click Apply > OK. You can also add the TrustedInstaller to the users list and check if it takes effect.

However, you might be still not able to access the files. The workaround is to go inside the C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\, and repeat the same way with the Microsoft.WindowsStore* folders.

S.cloris, Jan 26, 2021
  3. WINDOWSAPPS FILE

Hi,

For us to provide you an accurate resolution regarding your WindowsApps folder issue, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any updates made on your computer prior to this concern?
    • Send us a screenshot of your WindowsApps and WindowsAppsOld folders so that we can double check the issue.
    • When did the issue first begin?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to resolve this?

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jan 26, 2021
  4. Ramon Imp Win User

Can't edit windowsapps, specifically Tetris Effect Connected

WindowsApps folder is empty

Hi,

WindowsApps folder is where files of all default and Store apps are stored. For us to effectively assist you with your concern, we would like to know the following:

• Are you having issues with the Windows apps on your PC?
    • When was the last time you saw the contents of the the WindowsApps folder?
    • Were there any changes made prior to your concern?

Regards.

Ramon Imp, Jan 26, 2021
Thema:

Can't edit windowsapps, specifically Tetris Effect Connected

1. Can't edit windowsapps, specifically Tetris Effect Connected - Similar Threads - Can't edit windowsapps

2. Can't connect to a specif internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect to a specif internet: Good afternoon, I'm having some problems with my internet, here and at home I have 1 router with 2 internet available, a normal one and a 5G one, and I still have a signal repeater, with 1 more internet. I haven't been able to connect to my router's internet for over months,...
  3. Can't connect to a specif internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't connect to a specif internet: Good afternoon, I'm having some problems with my internet, here and at home I have 1 router with 2 internet available, a normal one and a 5G one, and I still have a signal repeater, with 1 more internet. I haven't been able to connect to my router's internet for over months,...
  4. I cannot edit a specific folder inside of WindowsApps folder.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I cannot edit a specific folder inside of WindowsApps folder.: Recently I have been trying to add mods to a game called No Mans Sky, but to do that you need to delete a specific txt file in side of the game data file. It doesn't let me delete no matter what I do, I have tried taking owner ship of the file but it does not allow me. The...
  5. Can't edit anything in WindowsApps?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't edit anything in WindowsApps?: I've tried everything that I can, safe mode, change permissions, but it just won't let me edit anything in there, even if I'm just doing a settings adjustment for Fallout 4...
  6. Can't download Tetris Effect off the Microsoft Store.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't download Tetris Effect off the Microsoft Store.: I bought Tetris Effect off the Microsoft Store on Windows 10 a few hours ago, and it wont even let me download the f"ing game. I keep getting the error code 0x800704C6 and I tried resetting the store and doing general recommended fixes and I can't download it still. I hope I...
  7. Tetris Effect Connected for Game Pass PC Isn't working despte still having the subscription

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Tetris Effect Connected for Game Pass PC Isn't working despte still having the subscription: I have tetris effect installed and the game pass thing is still active but it wouldnt budge to load. i have good internet, still have subscription but it doesnt work... please help....
  8. Can't connect to a specific network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't connect to a specific network: Hello, So I tried all the ways to connect to my home network using my laptop but all ended with failures, I could connect to other wifis though, I could connect to my home network from the laptop by using wifi bridge from my cellphone. So it doesn't appeal to me that it's a...
  9. Can't run original Tetris on Win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't run original Tetris on Win10: It ran fine in WinXP (can't remember whether I used any compatibility mode), now I can't run it even in compatibility mode (Win95 nor XP). I tried compatibility troubleshooter, no joy. Can anything be done? 77035
  10. Editing WindowsApps Contents?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Editing WindowsApps Contents?: So, I recently downloaded World of Tanks Blitz, and I've been looking forward to modding it, however, the files, contained in the WindowsApps folder present a 'access denied' warning whenever I try to edit them (even when trying as an admin). I have heard of a method using...