Windows 10: Can't email photos as is

Discus and support Can't email photos as is in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Using Win10. I took some photos with my IPhone as usual and thought I would email them to family. They were in JPEG format and I noticed that the sizes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by dresdenron, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Can't email photos as is

Using Win10. I took some photos with my IPhone as usual and thought I would email them to family. They were in JPEG format and I noticed that the sizes were a little large so I resized them in Microsoft Office like I have done before when sending photos. When I looked at the resized photos in the folder on my PC they look fine. When I attach those same photos to an email, part of the photo is missing.

Any ideas what is going on? Is this another feature of a Microsoft update I don't know about?

Ron

:)

dresdenron, Oct 25, 2020
  2. CargoX Win User

Windows 7 Will Not Include Email, Photo and Movie Programs

I think people missed that MS did not say "Internet" in the program list. Just Email, Photo, Movie.

CargoX, Oct 25, 2020
  3. where is resize option before sending an email with a photo,????

Hi Erin,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today.

I would require some more information to help you better.

• Which email are you referring to email app or email client server?
    • Do you get any error message?

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Attach photo in a mail.
    • Left click on a photo.
    • You will get a resize option, you can drag & resize photo.

Hope this helps, if the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Oct 25, 2020
  4. kormath Win User

Can't email photos as is

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Can't email photos as is :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Oct 25, 2020
Thema:

Can't email photos as is

1. Can't email photos as is - Similar Threads - Can't email photos

2. Email download photos.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Email download photos.: Email for photos download was sent and when opened the files went to archive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-download-photos/2f958501-2412-4647-8630-faae4616e06b
  3. Photos blocked in emails

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Photos blocked in emails: On my desktop, since installing windows 10, all photographs attachments are blocked in the emails I receive. How can I change this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-blocked-in-emails/019eb999-6dd1-40fc-a41a-fcf1021e67c5
  4. Photo attachment to email

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Photo attachment to email: How do you send just one photo by email and not your library, please? Just recently when I attach a photo to an email it enables the receiver to view my entire photo library by just clicking the image icon. I'm running windows 10, live mail with no apparent recent changes or...
  5. Email Photos

in Windows 10 Customization
    Email Photos: When I send an email out with photos, if person receiving it is viewing on an ipad will see duplicate photos of each photo sent. What do I have turned on, or what do they have turned on and need turned off?...
  6. Photos & emails

in Windows 10 Customization
    Photos & emails: Whenever I attach a photo to an email a link is created on the photo saying view all photos and when opened gives access to every photo I have . I usually attach one only photo from pictures via windows 10 mail I have been trying to find an answer for weeks and see this...
  7. Attaching photos to email using Photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Attaching photos to email using Photos: When I use the Share function in Photos the only email option is 'Mail' which I do not use. I have Outlook 2016 as the default email program. If I do use it the attachments appear at original resolution thus creating excessively large file sizes for email. It is very easy...
  8. emailing photos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    emailing photos: So far using Bing and Microsoft photo storage, it has been a total disaster trying to e-mail photos to friends and family. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/emailing-photos/b417c0fd-9937-4688-b2d1-2b954a43935f
  9. attaching photos to emails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    attaching photos to emails: hello, when I try to attach photos to emails I get a blue box with a large number under it instead of the actual picture. I have to try and figure out what pic it is by the number. how do I get the actual picture to show up when I try to attach it. thank you....
  10. Sending photos in email

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sending photos in email: I'm trying to send some photos as attachments to a gmail message. I have not been able to find how to do it in Windows 10. Can someone help me, please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sending-photos-in-email/02e2c64f-8a37-485e-9058-25b81c0bf0ca