Windows 10: Can't enable Bitlocker.

Discus and support Can't enable Bitlocker. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I've recently build my new rig. I enabled Secure boot and TPM in the bios which is in UEFI mode. However when trying to enable bitlocker on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/N0uwan, May 26, 2020.

1. /u/N0uwan Win User

Can't enable Bitlocker.

Can't enable Bitlocker. iXEVqkSpzn8SinbHLUwZAsxbj2eDLv8FY-EsZ1YR5b0.jpg

I've recently build my new rig. I enabled Secure boot and TPM in the bios which is in UEFI mode. However when trying to enable bitlocker on my C: drive I get the following error:

https://preview.redd.it/5ywsqelb861...bp&s=3d4768dfe236041fddc8b2b416f9973f83488eb9

I've tried to reset the TPM but without an result. The BIOS is the latest version available from the vender. I hope someone here can help me out beacuse the only option I have left is to do a reinstall my entire system which I really would like to avoid.

submitted by /u/N0uwan
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/N0uwan, May 26, 2020

2. BitLocker won't enable on Windows 10 after update on Aug 9

Hi Brenda,

I would be happy to assist you.

Before I assist you I would like to know the information below,

• Do you have a Windows 10 copy of the operating system?

I suggest you check whether the Bit locker is ON or OFF using the steps below.

Can you verify if BitLocker is enabled or disabled on your device? You can Enable/disable BitLocker by going to Desktop and follow these steps:

• Swipe Right to Left to bring up the Charm.

• Choose Settings.

• Choose Control Panel.

• Select BitLocker Drive Encryption.

• Verify whether BitLocker is on or off on each device.
    Also I suggest you to enable the WinRE so that you can enter the bit locker key and proceed.

When WinRE is disabled, you cannot enable BitLocker, and you receive an error message that resembles the following.

This PC doesn't support entering a BitLocker recovery password during startup. Ask your administrator to configure Windows Recovery Environment so that you can use BitLocker.

The solution would be to manually enable the windows recovery environment:

• Copying the winre.wim file from c:\windows\system32\recovery\ to a folder on a recovery partition. (The partition need to have a drive letter at this point.)

• Set the RE Image path. Example: reagentc /setreimage /path r:\recovery\windowsre

• Enable RE with command: reagentc /enable

• (You may remove the drive letter for the recovery partition after you have done this.)

• Bit locker will be enabled.
    If the issue still persists, suggest you to post your query on the below link.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh831507(v=ws.11).aspx

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Thank you.

Vidyashree_C, May 26, 2020
  3. Ernie San Win User
    Bitlocker

Hello Nandana,

To enable BitLocker on your computer, you follow the steps below:

• Sign in to your Windows account with an administrator access.
    • Press the Windows key.
    • Type and enter BitLocker.
    • Click Turn on BitLocker.
    • If the system is asking to sing in to administrator access, please do so.
    For additional information about BitLocker, we suggest that you check the frequently ask question on this
    link. The link provided applies to Windows 8.1 to higher version.

If you have other concerns, don't hesitate to reach us.

Ernie San, May 26, 2020
  4. Can't enable Bitlocker.

Clone Bitlocker enable drive to SSD

Keitaro

My name is Andre Da Costa; an Independent Consultant, Windows Insider MVP and Windows & Devices for IT MVP. I'm here to help you with your problem.

Heed the advice of the software, you must disable BitLocker before cloning. This is highly recommend if you ever want to get access to the drive.

There is nothing wrong with having to re-enable it after restoring the clone.

Step 1: disable BitLocker.

Step 2: clone drive

Step 3: restore the cloned image to the new drive.

Step 4: Re-Enable BitLocker.

Andre for Directly, May 26, 2020
Thema:

Can't enable Bitlocker.

1. Can't enable Bitlocker. - Similar Threads - Can't enable Bitlocker

2. Can't enable bitlocker encryption.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't enable bitlocker encryption.: Hello. I have a problem. I can't enable bitlocker encryption. I have windows 11 21h2 home single language, I also recently performed a local reinstall of windows....
  3. Can't enable bitlocker encryption.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't enable bitlocker encryption.: Hello. I have a problem. I can't enable bitlocker encryption. I have windows 11 21h2 home single language, I also recently performed a local reinstall of windows....
  4. Cannot enable BitLocker, device can't use TPM

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot enable BitLocker, device can't use TPM: I have two drives, one stores the OS and the other stores other files. I have BitLocker enabled on the second drive but cannot seem to enable it on the first drive containing the OS. Please see error message below. I have a TPM chip installed on my board.. so I do not see...
  5. Tried to enable BitLocker, now can't boot

Tried to enable BitLocker, now can't boot: I got a new Windows 10 1909 PC recently. Just decided to enable BitLocker on the system volume. BitLocker asked me if I wanted to perform a pre-BitLocker check (I can't remember the exact verbiage it used), and I responded in the affirmative. The BitLocker wizard prompted me...
  6. Can't enable BitLocker with TPM only

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't enable BitLocker with TPM only: I'm having a hard time getting BitLocker to work the same way on my newly built desktop as it does on my Surface Pro 3, i.e. the drive is unlocked instantly with the TPM and I go straight to the windows login screen. When I try to configure BitLocker it just wants me to plug...
  7. Cannot enable BitLocker

Cannot enable BitLocker: Hi all, I need help with drive encryption. The BitLocker keeps giving me an error with a message "The startup options on this PC are configured incorrectly. Contact your system administrator for more information". [ATTACH] I have attempted everything I could on my...
  8. Bitlocker Not Enabling

Bitlocker Not Enabling: I just started up Bitlocker, and completed most of the process, but the program ever got around to encrypting. I assume this is due to system administrator lock-out, but I've confirmed I have sys admin privileges. This is a brand-new computer without a network. Attached is...
  9. Enabling BitLocker

Enabling BitLocker: On my personal laptop, I'm trying to turn on BitLocker and I get this notice. Does anyone know and have any detailed instructions on how I can do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/enabling-bitlocker/5ff617a2-e9da-44ea-827f-131e28056882"
  10. Enabling Bitlocker with GPO

Enabling Bitlocker with GPO: Once the GPO for BitLocker's settings have been configured and assigned do I still need to manually enable Bitlocker on the specific device or should the GPO kick off the process automatically? 95742