Windows 10: Can't enable Game Mode

Discus and support Can't enable Game Mode in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I've been trying to enable Game Mode for weeks now. I'm unable to turn it on through settings since all I see is this: [ATTACH] I've tried surfing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MOJayhawker, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Can't enable Game Mode

I've been trying to enable Game Mode for weeks now. I'm unable to turn it on through settings since all I see is this:

Can't enable Game Mode 13fc9fbd-1bf3-4cd3-8f13-796c6340a73e?upload=true.png

I've tried surfing the net for weeks to find any possible solution as to why this is occurring, but with no joy. Game Mode seems to be available but that's it. I was able to use it with the previous version of Windows, but it disappeared after I installed version 1803. My current build is 17134.320.

Any ideas?

:)

MOJayhawker, Oct 7, 2018

2. Game Mode Win10

Hi,

Game Mode is automatically enabled to some games only. There are some games that require you to manually enable Game Mode before you can use this feature on your Windows 10 device.

To manually turn on Game Mode, you can follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key on your keyboard + G.
    • Select Settings.
    • In the General tab, select the check box for Game Mode.

If you have any other queries, feel free to post your concerns here anytime.

Loraine Mon, Oct 7, 2018
  3. Windows Update 1709, Computer running slower and screen stuttering/fps drop in games on fullscreen.

Have you tried enabling Game Mode? if not, we suggest that you enable it and check the results. Here are the steps:

Enable/Disable Game mode by default:

• Open the Settings menu.
    • Click on Gaming
    • Choose Game Mode
    • Toggle Use Game Mode
    Enable Game Mode on a per-game basis:

• While inside your game, press Windows key + G to open the
      Game Bar
    • This will release you cursor and enable you to click on the cogwheel.
    • Select Enable Game Mode.

If the issue persist, go to the
    Microsoft Update Catalog
    to search and download the Windows 10 Version 1703 ISO file. Afterwards, use the
    Media Creation tool to create an installation image using the version of Windows that you downloaded.

Note: Once you have installed Windows 10 Version 1703, we suggest that you setup a metered connection so that you will not be updated to Windows 10 Version 1709.

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Oct 7, 2018
  4. Can't enable Game Mode

list of apps or games with game mode enabled

Hi, yesterday i installed creators update and tested game mode. When i pressed win+g in watch dogs 2 toolbar appeared and i could enable game mode. But in arma 3 the screen get brighter twice in second (blink) but no toolbar appeared.

My question is, if there is some tool or registry where i can see apps or games with game mode enabled or eventually turn on /off game mode for games without entering them.

I posted in Windows forum, as it is related more to game mode functionality and management.

TomasBilek, Oct 7, 2018
Thema:

Can't enable Game Mode

1. Can't enable Game Mode - Similar Threads - Can't enable Game

2. Enable S Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enable S Mode: Hello everyone,we want to try using Windows 11 S in our company. We found the deployment lab on the Microsoft website but we don't really understand what it is asking us to do, if I may say... it's not well written at all. Does anyone have a guide we could follow to enable s...
  3. Enable S Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enable S Mode: Hello everyone,we want to try using Windows 11 S in our company. We found the deployment lab on the Microsoft website but we don't really understand what it is asking us to do, if I may say... it's not well written at all. Does anyone have a guide we could follow to enable s...
  4. Can't enable developers mode or sideload

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't enable developers mode or sideload: I have a new laptop I bought HP pavilion 365 OS build: 18363.1049 I have windows home version: 1909 Im trying to enable sideload apps in order to update Adobe creative cloud. I keep getting the message on top of the for developers page saying "some of these settings are...
  5. Can't enable game bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't enable game bar: For some odd reason, I cant enable game bar. Whenever I enable it in settings it disables itself. Here are the following things I have tried: resetting game bar and xbox app reinstalling all xbox packages resetting pc kept files but reset all settings and deleted apps...
  6. I can't enable the Xbox game bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't enable the Xbox game bar: I am unable to open the Xbox game bar. Every time I enable recording clips, screenshots, and broadcasting using the game bar, it disables itself again. I have tried resetting, changing things in the registry editor, and reinstalling. Despite all of this, nothing seems to...
  7. Can't Enable/Disable Developer Mode in Windows 10

Can't Enable/Disable Developer Mode in Windows 10: I tried Enabling Developer Mode in Windows 10 . When I switched from default "microsoft store app" option to developer mode, it asked me for confirmation to which i selected yes. After which It started searching for package module for developer mode. But the module never...
  8. Can't Enable Developer Mode.

Can't Enable Developer Mode.: As you can see i cant enable anything. It only says Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization. I've tried gpedit.msc enabling and disabling Allow Telemetry. Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Data C****ow...
  9. Game Mode..no option to enable...just says PC mode available..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Mode..no option to enable...just says PC mode available..: And an option to learn more? Any idea how to fix this? 92649
  10. Game Mode notification disable/enable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Mode notification disable/enable: Hi , i have problem in wow , i read about turn off game mode and uncheck game notification but here is the problem , idk why in my option then Game , no appear game notification for disable or enable ?? Also in my option dont appear the Broadcasting is fresh...