Windows 10: Cant enable HDR

Discus and support Cant enable HDR in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Right so I have a TV which is HDR capable TV Specs : https://www.displayspecifications.com/en/model/6f4ad6a hooked up to my PC via an HDMI which I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by M. Breitsameter, Feb 15, 2020.

1. Cant enable HDR

Right so I have a TV which is HDR capable TV Specs : https://www.displayspecifications.com/en/model/6f4ad6a hooked up to my PC via an HDMI which I believe should be at least 2.0 link to the cable: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076VSJWDZ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 hooked up directly to my GPU Titan Xp I have verified I have the latest drivers

I lowered my refresh rate to 30 in order to get 10 bit available in the Nvidia control panel 12bit is also available and it is set to YCC422. additionaly I have verified in my TV's settings that I have the HDR+ mode enabled, I have my gamma set to st.2084 and my color gamut is set to bt.2020. Although in my tv it does not specify if it is bt.2020RGB or bt.2020YCC one can reasonably deduce that it is bt.2020YCC as YCC422 is the only option i can set my tv to in Nvidia control panel. Now what I believe might be the issue is in dxdiag under monitor capabilities it says " HDR Not Supported Eotf2084Supported " As per the HDR and WCG color settings in Windows 10 article https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4040263/windows-10-hdr-advanced-color-settings it specifies that in order for HDR to be enabled it must display 1. " Eotf2084Supported. " which it is doing and 2. have " BT2020RGB " or " BT2020YCC " displayed which it does not despite my TV clearly supporting BT2020YCC color gamut. So essentially my question is how do I get windows to accept that my TV does in fact support those color gamuts so that I may use HDR? Maybe I am perhaps missing something I am not aware of. I have the HVEC encoder if that is pertinent.

I can include my dxdiag upon request.

:)

M. Breitsameter, Feb 15, 2020

2. HDR won't enable!

Thanks for your suggestion. I lowered the refresh rate to 30 HZ and still could not toggle the HDR switch to on position.

I also checked the play back with powerdvd17. My projector information recognizes 3840 x 2160 p 60 Hz with HDR 10 BT 2020 when I play a 4K HDR source file

Thanks

Rajiv Gupta (rgupta), Feb 15, 2020
  3. TimCarl Win User
    Cannot Enable HDR

The HDR option does not appear in 'Display' settings.

I am using:

Intel UHD 630 Integrated Graphics

Cardas HDMI cable

LG 27UK650 Monitor

The LG monitor's HDR works with a Playstation 4 Pro and Cardas HDMI cable.

The LG monitor has no manual HDR setting. It only enters HDR mode when it receives proper signal, first.

Windows 10 only offers HDR setting when it receives proper signal from the display, first.

How can HDR be force-enabled on Windows 10?

TimCarl, Feb 15, 2020
  4. D0X
    d0x Win User

Cant enable HDR

HDR won't enable!

Same issue but its new. I dont have hdr on in win10 but games will turn it on themselves. Forza 7 used to do that but now it wont enable HDR

Thema:

Cant enable HDR

1. Cant enable HDR - Similar Threads - Cant enable HDR

2. HDR stay enabled all time and CANT DISABLE AUTOHDR INGAME

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDR stay enabled all time and CANT DISABLE AUTOHDR INGAME: I can switch in on or off, but I play competitive game and the auto switch HDR ON / OFF when fullscreen game open stopped worked I just have always AUTOHDR for game... need help pls...
  3. enabling hdr in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    enabling hdr in windows 11: My system configuration is AMD processor 5900x with 500gb nvme, ram 32gb. And graphics caard is GT730, Tried many but no use. I want hdr to be emabled. My monitor is 4k Latest samsung M7 Smart Monitor which is recently launched in monitor. I want want to watch content in hdr...
  4. Unable to enable HDR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to enable HDR: Hi, I have a Thunderbolt 3 Dock with a nVidia RTX2060, and a Samsung Odyssey G9. My Dell Latitude 7410 allows enabling HDR, my Razer Blade 13 Late 2019 does not. Both up to Date Windows 10, both connected to the same GPU, the same Monitor. One with HDR, one without. None of...
  5. Unable to enable HDR

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to enable HDR: Hi, I have a Thunderbolt 3 Dock with a nVidia RTX2060, and a Samsung Odyssey G9. My Dell Latitude 7410 allows enabling HDR, my Razer Blade 13 Late 2019 does not. Both up to Date Windows 10, both connected to the same GPU, the same Monitor. One with HDR, one without. None of...
  6. Unable to enable HDR

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Can't enable hdr

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Can't enable hdr: Hi, I can't seem to enable hdr on windows 10. The option to enable should be under the 'windows hd color' settings of the display settings page however the sliders are not present to enable hdr and all hdr capabilities are set as 'No'. I had the same problem last time I...
  8. Can't enable hdr

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't enable hdr: Hi, I can't seem to enable hdr on windows 10. The option to enable should be under the 'windows hd color' settings of the display settings page however the sliders are not present to enable hdr and all hdr capabilities are set as 'No'. I had the same problem last time I...
  9. How to enable HDR

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to enable HDR: I recently purchased a windows 10 computer with intel intergrated graphics card UHD 620. I have the kaby lake R and upgraded to Win10 1909 version. I go to the video settings and I have no options to enable or turn on HDR. It just says 8 bit no HDR. How do I get or enable...
  10. Enable HDR in games but not Desktop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Enable HDR in games but not Desktop?: Is there a flag anywhere that would allow HDR in games without enabling the desktop HDR mode? Destiny 2 is able to go into HDR mode without me turning it on the destop. But other games like Modern Warfare 2019 and Red Dead Redemption 2 don't even have the option unless I turn...