Windows 10: Can't enable hdr

Discus and support Can't enable hdr in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I can't seem to enable hdr on windows 10. The option to enable should be under the 'windows hd color' settings of the display settings page however... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by silverz, May 3, 2020.

1. silverz Win User

Can't enable hdr

Hi, I can't seem to enable hdr on windows 10.
    The option to enable should be under the 'windows hd color' settings of the display settings page however the sliders are not present to enable hdr and all hdr capabilities are set as 'No'.

I had the same problem last time I tried using the computer connected to the TV and after an hour of unsuccessfully playing with settings I gave up only for the hdr sliders to magically appear and be operational after a reboot.

Of course the TV supports many forms of hdr, I've tried several cables all with high speed hdmi, the computer and GPU are capable ( gtx 2070) and it's a completely fresh windows 10 installation fully up to date with the latest drivers.

So I know for a fact hdr works with this computer and TV as it's worked before but I can't find out the reason why the sliders are not present (maybe windows is not detecting hdr capable TV) or the process I went through last time that allowed functionality to return. If anyone can help that would be nice.

:)

silverz, May 3, 2020

2. HDR won't enable!

Thanks for your suggestion. I lowered the refresh rate to 30 HZ and still could not toggle the HDR switch to on position.

I also checked the play back with powerdvd17. My projector information recognizes 3840 x 2160 p 60 Hz with HDR 10 BT 2020 when I play a 4K HDR source file

Thanks

Rajiv Gupta (rgupta), May 3, 2020
  3. D0X
    d0x Win User
    HDR won't enable!

Same issue but its new. I dont have hdr on in win10 but games will turn it on themselves. Forza 7 used to do that but now it wont enable HDR

4. TimCarl Win User

Can't enable hdr

Cannot Enable HDR

The HDR option does not appear in 'Display' settings.

I am using:

Intel UHD 630 Integrated Graphics

Cardas HDMI cable

LG 27UK650 Monitor

The LG monitor's HDR works with a Playstation 4 Pro and Cardas HDMI cable.

The LG monitor has no manual HDR setting. It only enters HDR mode when it receives proper signal, first.

Windows 10 only offers HDR setting when it receives proper signal from the display, first.

How can HDR be force-enabled on Windows 10?

TimCarl, May 3, 2020
Thema:

Can't enable hdr

1. Can't enable hdr - Similar Threads - Can't enable hdr

2. enabling hdr in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    enabling hdr in windows 11: My system configuration is AMD processor 5900x with 500gb nvme, ram 32gb. And graphics caard is GT730, Tried many but no use. I want hdr to be emabled. My monitor is 4k Latest samsung M7 Smart Monitor which is recently launched in monitor. I want want to watch content in hdr...
  3. Unable to enable HDR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to enable HDR: Hi, I have a Thunderbolt 3 Dock with a nVidia RTX2060, and a Samsung Odyssey G9. My Dell Latitude 7410 allows enabling HDR, my Razer Blade 13 Late 2019 does not. Both up to Date Windows 10, both connected to the same GPU, the same Monitor. One with HDR, one without. None of...
  4. Unable to enable HDR

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to enable HDR: Hi, I have a Thunderbolt 3 Dock with a nVidia RTX2060, and a Samsung Odyssey G9. My Dell Latitude 7410 allows enabling HDR, my Razer Blade 13 Late 2019 does not. Both up to Date Windows 10, both connected to the same GPU, the same Monitor. One with HDR, one without. None of...
  5. Unable to enable HDR

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Enabling HDR caps to 60hz?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Enabling HDR caps to 60hz?: I have a Dell s3220dgf thats 1440p and has HDR400. If I enable HDR on the monitor itself the refresh rate is unaffected, but when I go to Windows Settings and turn on windows HD color the refresh rate is dropped down to 60hz even if I go and change it to 164hz, its still...
  7. Can't enable hdr

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Can't enable hdr: Hi, I can't seem to enable hdr on windows 10. The option to enable should be under the 'windows hd color' settings of the display settings page however the sliders are not present to enable hdr and all hdr capabilities are set as 'No'. I had the same problem last time I...
  8. How to enable HDR

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to enable HDR: I recently purchased a windows 10 computer with intel intergrated graphics card UHD 620. I have the kaby lake R and upgraded to Win10 1909 version. I go to the video settings and I have no options to enable or turn on HDR. It just says 8 bit no HDR. How do I get or enable...
  9. Cant enable HDR

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cant enable HDR: Right so I have a TV which is HDR capable TV Specs : https://www.displayspecifications.com/en/model/6f4ad6a hooked up to my PC via an HDMI which I believe should be at least 2.0 link to the cable:...
  10. Enable HDR in games but not Desktop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Enable HDR in games but not Desktop?: Is there a flag anywhere that would allow HDR in games without enabling the desktop HDR mode? Destiny 2 is able to go into HDR mode without me turning it on the destop. But other games like Modern Warfare 2019 and Red Dead Redemption 2 don't even have the option unless I turn...